Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can you remember the first video game you played?

I remember my first played video game was "GTA Vice City". What is yours?
mine was rome total war.It is still on of the best games i've ever played.
I was 5 years old and my brother was playing Lego Star wars on PS2. I cried until my parents told him to let me have a turn. I didn't know the controls and he refused to tell me. Good times.
[Image: qDvIMeq.png]
I'm not sure but I think among the earliest is Commander Keen (4) and CD-Man (the shareware version) that I played on my dad's work laptop. The display wasn't able to show colours, only black and white. Tongue

I also played NES games relativly early, at my friends house. Ice Climbers, Super Mario Bros. 3, and others. I eventually got my own NES but that was a bit later.
My first PC game was Minecraft. It is still IMO one of the best games of this generation.
First game I played was GTA 3. I actually was not playing it, my elder brother was playing it instead though
First PC game I played was Boulder Dash
Battle City on NES, best game I've ever played, just so happens to be the first
My first video game? I think the first one was the game n Watch, where Mario and Luigi is delivering the colas.
My first video game is Alice Dragon's in MegaDrive but in PC its Counter Strike 1.6 Biggrin
I think Most Of Us Started With Mario & Contra ?
I don't! lol. Well, maybe.... um... wait a second... Toshinden? Probably yeah. Oh no!
Chips! it was chips, a puzzle game for windows back when i was a kid, on my windows 95 computer ;)
-Dzikri Aditya Darmawan-
Just a Basic Internet User
[ personal https://awan.my.id blog]
[running https://awan.studio business]

The first games I played on my old laptop were some random CD kids games, like Clifford. The first nonCD game I played was Minecraft. And my first online browser game was Panfu.
Ya'll are so sweet and young. My first game was Wizards of War on the Atari 2600. Yars Revenge, Qbert, Super Breakout. Christ Im old.
This is going to show my age, Yes that's right, the one and only, the predecessor of all video games. PONG ! 1972
(11-26-2018, 07:58 AM)buzzawak Wrote: This is going to show my age, Yes that's right, the one and only, the predecessor of all video games. PONG ! 1972

For once Im happy to lose one. lol Pong, thats going back.
My first video game in PC was pacman. It was in the early 1990's in school. I had played some arcade games before that, my uncle used to take me to a gaming arcade in town - I don't remember the names of the games clearly - definitely one of them was Space Invaders.
Old timer here.
1st video game played was a video arcade type game, Tank variant, back in the 70s.  Game unit was NOT properly grounded.  Could rub feet on carpet to build static charge while holding a key, then touch key to game frame.  Would start game (only reason I remember the game).
Another game remember playing was Qbert back in the 80s.

Favorite games were Doom, Doom II, and Hexan on a Novell Netware Lite LAN (MS-DOS).  Most reliable PC on LAN was AMD 586 (required adapter to plug into 486 socket) running MS-DOS 5.
(11-27-2018, 04:15 AM)Samantha Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 07:58 AM)buzzawak Wrote: This is going to show my age, Yes that's right, the one and only, the predecessor of all video games. PONG ! 1972

For once Im happy to lose one. lol Pong, thats going back. 

It could have been a bit earlier than 1972, pre Atari.  A relative rented out a room to a uni student. This student built a Poing machine as a study project.  It plugged into the tv and the controllers were home made.
My fist game was Pole Position on the Atari .
The first game I played was also GTA: Vice City. I was so happy when I was playing it. Great time.
hm its good question ^^  im remember my first played video game was maybe quake 1 and doom 2 Biggrin
Yes, it was the game called DOOM, after that i discovered the game Duke Nukem 3D.... and i fell in love with it, played for hours and days on end... now recently i discovered the newly made Duke Nukem game...and it's FANTASTIC!!! I'll play it for a long time again :P
Commander Keen! Haven’t heard that for a long time.

I enjoyed Mario GoKarts, Super Mario World, and Mario AllStars for SNES.
First time on GoKarts, couldn’t stay on the track!! Lol. Fun.
(02-15-2019, 10:54 AM)Drcool Wrote: I enjoyed Mario GoKarts, Super Mario World, and Mario AllStars for SNES.

I used to play the original games (mostly Super Mario Bros. 3) and it always bothered me that All-Stars didn't use the original graphics.
Gasp!

I didn’t know!!
I could list a load of games dating back to 1985 when I was only 5 years old and my parents brought an Atari 800XL as our first family computer. Can remember playing Asteroids, Space Invaders, Boulderdash, Action Biker and even writing basic programs from the magazines on that computer. My dad was still using it for invoices until 1998.
As a child I also had a Sinclair Spectrum 128k +2. Still works to this day. Remember playing the original Football Manager on this machine. 
My first console was a Sega Master System with games like Teddy Boy, Sonic the Hedgehog and DuckTales. 
I have since had a Mega Drive 2, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, PS3 and PS4 for gaming. Still have the Mega Drive 2, Dreamcast and PS3 to show my children what games used to look like.
The first game I played was  the original Super Mario Bros on the Family Computer (NES for you hairy Westerners). That was also the first console my parents bought me, after balking at the price of a Game Boy that they promised me they’d buy if I won a contest at school, which I did. That was also my first taste of major parental disappointment, now that I think about it. Haha!
First game was Minecraft, then it was ROBLOX, then it went to GTA V. I still do play Minecraft to this day.
Guitar Hero was my first game ever and I was a god at it.