• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free VPS Control Panels - Recommendations and Reviews?
Managing a VPS is completely different from shared hosting. With shared hosting most hosts provide cPanel or DirectAdmin, which makes it a pleasure to manage our Websites. But with a VPS cPanel and DirectAdmin require individual licenses for each VPS, which makes it unaffordable for most. Our super geeks will probably be working with Linux only, but there is quite a large community of VPS owners who are managing their VPSs from a Windows environment.

I've tried out a number of the free control panels that are available and if any one is interested they can read about this in my blog. However I'd be very curious to know about our members' experiences with free control panels. Which ones do you suggest and why do you think they are better than any of the others?
[-] The following 2 users Like Genesis's post:
  • Foxkung101, tm9x0
Can i have VPS i like to run few SEO tools 24x7
If you check the TOS for VPS you need to make 100 non-spam posts first. The 100 posts are counted from 1 December 2014.
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-2759.html
some free vps control panel
- kloxo
- vesta
- ispconfig
- webmin
- virtualmin
- mcmyadmin (for minecraft server)
ytdl.xyz youtube downloader
Aha, thanks Ogah. I notice all of them, but haven't tried ispconfig, virtualmin and mcmyadmin. Ispconfig should be interesting to try. Kloxo had a great reputation at one time. And then the owner passed away and it has some major security issues now because it doesn't get as supported as it should be with security updates. Vesta and Webmin are the better ones out of all of them.
i also haven't tried all of them. but i hear ispconfig is lightweigh control panel
ytdl.xyz youtube downloader
It's nice to see Giga having so many new things. VPS sounds impressive, but I don't know whether for what I need it could beat the shared hosting for me. I wish loads of good luck to our Linux geeks, or geeks in training (self-training). Maybe one day I'll sit down and learn a bit more, but for now I'm very happy what I have.
"we require you to meet the monthly posting quota of 75 posts per month"
so everyone who got freeVPS have to posting 75 posts per month on gigarank forum?
I'd be curious to know where you got the 75 posts per month from? Since you put it in quotes, can you please provide a link to the source of the quote.

You have to make 100 initial non-spam posts and then after that you have to maintain the VPS ownership for 30 posts per month. You can read that in the TOS:
http://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-2759.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • goryananalyzer
My favorite free hosting control panel so far is Kloxo-MR. It's a fork of infamous Kloxo panel but the developer is very active and their support forum is pretty good too. Developer and other members actively helping each other and you get answers quicker than in VestaCP or ispconfig forums. I know people say bad things about anything related to Kloxo but I have been using Kloxo-MR in one of my VPS for over 2 years without a problem. All you have to do is make sure you have taken basic security measures like changing ports, disabling root access and simple things like that.

I have used VestaCP too which is pretty easy to install and configure. But it has few short comings like no simple way to create Addons etc. Also their support forum is pretty much Russian.

These days I'm testing the free control pannel called CentOS web panel. It's still new but very promising. Developers are very active and support forum is good too. You get responses fast. I really like this panel but it's not lightweight. You need to have at least 512MB ram to run it in 32bit OS or 1GB is OS is 64bit.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
[-] The following 1 user Likes xdude's post:
  • dmull

• 1(current)
  • Next