145 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preferred VPS - Windows or Linux?
Out of Linux and Windows VPS what would you rather ? and why ?

Reason ask is because want to get one but not sure witch one.
Linux has more features for hosting like ngnix and caching like varnish so its mostly prefered choice.
I would prefer a Linux VPS because I would assume that it would be cheaper since the software is free. I also like Linux there are so many different OS you can choose from for your server and can be quite challenging to set up which is why I like it.

Barnum Designs
Honestly I would prefer a Windows VPS as though linux VPSes are better made webservers as compared to their Windows Counterpart, yet Windows VPSes allow one to run Windows based apps allowing slightly more versatality than that offered by linux. But then again I am kind of a linux noob anyway so it does not make much of a difference anyway...Tongue
I prefer linux over windows. PHP has many features working buggy (or not at all) in windows. Also command line is easier and has more features.
Even I'm a beginner, I choosed linux over windows. Even it's not so intuitive as windows and not using graphics on my vps, it's more powerful. I run a vps on 512mb ram and it powers a website with around 2.000 sessions every day. It can handle all the traffic and still has some ram available.
I prefer Windows VPS because I have to render videos :)
I would prefer a Linux VPS because Linux has more features for hosting
(03-12-2016, 11:40 AM)huoldz Wrote: I would prefer a Linux VPS because Linux has more features for hosting
Not sure what you mean when you say Linux has more features for hosting, can you explain? Unknown
(03-12-2016, 03:39 PM)Genesis Wrote: Not sure what you mean when you say Linux has more features for hosting, can you explain? Unknown

Well Maybe he meant that there is a wide range of Linux OS which have different features comapred to each one to some extent.

Barnum Designs

• 1(current)
  • Next