Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSH clients

(01-03-2016, 02:47 PM)drxgrey Wrote: Been using Bitvise lately to bypass certain restriction on my local telco service provider.. although i hate the connections dropped from time to time but overall its a great solution to my issue.

I'm using Bitvise too because i can both copy files to the server and open a comand line.
WinSCP, FileZilla has ssh file transfer-I do not think that it has any shell with it. Putty
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
I was using putty until now but I think I will try mobaxterm. Never heard of them tough.
For Windows users PuTTy is the best know way to go. Also FireSSH is a good option for those who are spending a lot of time between browser tabs  Tongue .
For Linux users should always go straight with the well know ssh over the terminal..  Cool .
I must be really vanilla . . .

I use plain old xterm, both natively on my Debian systems, and in cygwin on my work's Windows box.

I used to use mrxvt, which had a bunch of nice features.  I started running into ANSI issues, and instead of spending the time resolving it, I just found a nice theme for xterm and I've been using it since.

On my android, I swear by JuiceSSH.  I made it one of my rare purchases so that I can tunnel all of my traffic through an ssh tunnel to my home.  It is a real nice way of bypassing all of my work's nanny restrictions . . .
If you use a unix based system, like mac, there is really no need to buy for clients like realvnc.
Just open terminal and type ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
same for vnc, you dont want to install a client because you have one already.
For ios devices I suggest WebSSH for SSH and Screens for vnc.
On windows I use xshell for ssh and realvnc for vnc.
It really depends on personal preference.
For Windows - PuTTy
for Linux - OpenSSH SSH client
(05-14-2016, 11:40 AM)evilshibe Wrote: for Linux - OpenSSH SSH client
Basic terminal is enough I think, you dont need any 3rd party clients.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
I'm using ssh and sftp commands on Linux. In the past, i've used PuTTY and WinSCP on Windows machines.

Regards,
catcher
(04-22-2015, 05:46 PM)Gregoric Wrote: What do you use to connect to SSH?

I am using Gigarank's free VPS and for some reason Virtualizor's Java-based SSH console does not respond so I was forced to find something else. First it was PuTTy, being probably the most popular free client for Windows out there. Pretty good, but the need for re-entering password each time drove me nuts.

Then came MobaXterm, which is a far more complicated application with numerous additional protocols to use, graphic SFTP client and a bunch of other additional functions. I have used it for a session or two but in the end, it was too overpacked with features, menus and buttons that I was not going to use any time soon, so I uninstalled it.

Eventually, I have found FireSSH, a SSH client that is an addon for Firefox. Functionality is comparable to PuTTy, but several pretty useful features are present. First of all, remembering password is great (although probably less secure) and what is no less useful in some scenarios, when one enters new session, pressing up-arrow (to show previous used commands) allows to browse through commands used in the previous sessions. As I've said, that's useful only in some scenarios.

So, what is your choice? Maybe something for Linux distros?

I  am using Putty and Mac's default SSH client to connect the SSH.
Smile
Putty of course, easy and very simple to use :)
For SSH I use PuTTY,it has a lot of options of SSH,and hasa very intuitive interface.
Some of the settings for SSH are: certificate login,save a session credentials (as username or password) and also has some more protocols,and not just SSH Lol
dbclient is a good ssh client. it's the default ssh client inside dropbear.
I am using the "Terminal" on my linux box. Just type:

# ssh root@server.host 

and you are connected!

For windows, I only use putty.
[Image: 6798.gif]
I've used MobaXTerm on Windows. It works and has built in SFTP else I really do not care. It does not have random popups while using the terminal. That's fine for me, I like things to make a lot of menus / things I can change. That's just my personal preference.
If i have to use anything in windows, i use putty... but spend more time on linux, which has ssh built in.
If I'm on Windows I tend to go with PuTTy since it's very quick to setup and is portable. Now if I'm running linux I do go with the built in command from terminal.
What FTP client are you using?
I understand that "the need for re-entering password each time" is your main issue.
If you use WinSCP as FTP client you can integrate PuTTy.
In the preferences of WinSCP you can go to integration -> Applications,
Then browse to your PuTTy location and check the remember session password box.
Now each time you connect to PuTTy after connecting to FTP client you will be automaticly logged in as the current user.
It has also an option to connect via private key file in the connection settings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ruveng's post:
  •
(04-22-2015, 05:46 PM)Gregoric Wrote: What do you use to connect to SSH?

I am using Gigarank's free VPS and for some reason Virtualizor's Java-based SSH console does not respond so I was forced to find something else. First it was PuTTy, being probably the most popular free client for Windows out there. Pretty good, but the need for re-entering password each time drove me nuts.

Then came MobaXterm, which is a far more complicated application with numerous additional protocols to use, graphic SFTP client and a bunch of other additional functions. I have used it for a session or two but in the end, it was too overpacked with features, menus and buttons that I was not going to use any time soon, so I uninstalled it.

Eventually, I have found FireSSH, a SSH client that is an addon for Firefox. Functionality is comparable to PuTTy, but several pretty useful features are present. First of all, remembering password is great (although probably less secure) and what is no less useful in some scenarios, when one enters new session, pressing up-arrow (to show previous used commands) allows to browse through commands used in the previous sessions. As I've said, that's useful only in some scenarios.

So, what is your choice? Maybe something for Linux distros?

I use PuTTy because it works with Linux (yes it does, just install it with your package manager) and the fact that you cannot save passwords only makes it a hundred times safer.
Depending where I'm in I use something.

If in Windows, I usualy use putty. On linux, I access it by console. On mobile, I can access it by an SSH app or by a Terminal App...
Do you know how to get grafics sft server (or sftp ) on debian ??
i wan't i beautiful grafics server with client's aera geoups and chmod ,directory and more Management aera on debian did you know how can i get it

(I m french sorry for my english :SSSS )
To get the SFTP client, you just use the FileZilla or equivalent application that allows you to connect to the server via sftp.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
Im using Putty or WinScP. 

Putty if i realy only need the Commandprompt 
and WinScP if i need to edit some files on the fly. 

I know that i could also use the built in Editor of the Operating System but WinScP makes a lot easyer if you are running a Headles Machine
For my the best SSH client for linux, is PuTTY, since I started to use VPS servers (about 4 or 5 years ago) always I used and I use putty. I think it is one of the best ssh clients that currently exist.  Wink
Hello my friend $)))
For me the best ssh client is absolutly putty...)
and for urgent situation i use filezilla...
thenx  Good
I only had one little VPS, but when I was having it I connected SSH using PuTTy, because is so easy to use, quickly and stable.
I have used PuTTY, simple small progrem Smile

I also like WinSCP when I have to do file transfers.
Right now i am using juice on android.
I also like putty a lot, never had any issues with it