Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSH clients

I'm using:
  • Mac Terminal on my OS X
  • MTerminal on the jailbroken iPhone

Both liteweight apps, but does their job.
I use Putty or WinSCP for windows, JuiceSSH  for Android. I like WinSCP becouse it can connect over ssh sftp and scp and becouse it is easy to edit files and change file premissions.
I use the firefox and chrome extension "firessh" because of its extremely easy installation and highlight copying.
I'm completely into putty it works very well and is easy to set-up
I use the OpenSSH SSH client that ships with just about every major Linux and Unix/Unix-variant distribution. Sure, it doesn't support ZMODEM transfers, but it's free and open-source. I don't need any GUI because terminal stuff, in my opinion, belongs in the terminal. On Windows, however, PuTTy used to be my go-to until maybe ten years ago. Afterwards, I simply used the OpenSSH client ported with Cygwin.
You can use terminal for very basic VPS management but it's made more for local network management.
If you can't stand the terminal, the only way to do things via a GUI requires a reverse X11 connection. (Note: A reverse X11 connection is but one example; it works on most Linux, Unix, and Unix-variant distributions if properly configured.)
Putty and File zilla console Biggrin
Honestly, I use Linux subsystem for windows. This allows you to have ssh features directly on you console.

But I don't think it's available for windows builds yet, it was a feature on Windows Insider.
PUTTY is by far the best tool for the job. It has all the relevent protocols and ports and are very easy to use. It works for me since I only use the console.
putty for windows is the best alternative
For Linux, I just use "ssh user@xxx.xxx "
I am using Putty all the time for connecting to a server on my network and it works great!
For transferring files i use: Winscp
https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

when I want to connect by ssh just for few minuets I am using the ssh client that installed on my linux. (openssh-client)

In windows i am using the ssh that i got from installing git :)

I am currently not using FTP, but i can use total-commander or filezilla (firefox extention) (in the past i was using flashfxp)

Oh and BTW, if you will start using ssh-keys you wont have to enter the password when connecting to the server.
I mainly use Putty. I love how simple it is :)
If i were you, i would use Putty in windows and opens
Sh client on linux ( via the comand line)
I use putty till now. I think that it's security feature that we have to add password every time and second thing is that it's ultra light weight(in KB's!)
I recommend KiTTY (PuTTY Fork) on windows, JuiceSSH on Android and default SSH on Linux / *NIX
I use putty because it's very similar with my colleagues linux terminal
Linux terminal is pretty good for this purpose. On my PC installed Windows so I use Ubuntu Bash (analog of terminal for windows). It works perfect and without additional settings.
I used linux terminal but after I enter my ssh command the terminal doesnt do anything.
What GUI for ssh would you recommend?
(01-22-2017, 10:11 AM)leeterthanu Wrote: I used linux terminal but after I enter my ssh command the terminal doesnt do anything.
What GUI for ssh would you recommend?
Definitely PuTTY. One of the easiest tools from a Windows environment.
I feel very well using BitVise. It comes with scp GUI so it ease the uploading process .

Also, as developer, sometime I can install pluggins for Managgin my servers from de IDE, I don't mind to use the integrated terminal....
The SSH Clients I use:

Work: MobaXterm , PUTTY
Home: PUTTY, FireSSH
Now I feel more savvy in the handling of the ssh connections thanks to you peoples and 1 book
I use putty for ubuntu and I am looking forward to use firessh
NO thing
I use putty, but it has no user management :/
(02-01-2017, 03:47 PM)mamphis Wrote: I use putty, but it has no user management :/

Define what you mean by user management. I can recommend clients based on that.
(02-01-2017, 04:57 PM)CHT Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 03:47 PM)mamphis Wrote: I use putty, but it has no user management :/

Define what you mean by user management. I can recommend clients based on that.

In PuTTy you can't save userinformation to login. In my company we use "Remote Desktop Manager" where you can save user-password-combinations for every computer you want to connect to.
(02-02-2017, 07:40 AM)mamphis Wrote: In PuTTy you can't save userinformation to login. In my company we use "Remote Desktop Manager" where you can save user-password-combinations for every computer you want to connect to.

Remind me why you want to save your password in plaintext.
You could opt for a private cert using PuTTYgen instead and use that for log-in. PuTTY does allow for saving the username anyway, thus that combination would be really secure.
Nothing