Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Telegram

What do you think about Telegram? Is it better than WhatsApp?
I use telegram mainly for it's bots. In my country, the National Institute for Earth Physics will send with 10-20 seconds early a notification via a Telegram Bot when an earthquaqe over 6 degrees on Richter is happening.
Seriously? I can't imagine one single reason why Whatsapp should be better than Telegram. On Telegram there are bots, which are automated accounts, that can do anything for you (I mean anything, for example downloading a video from YouTube, making WolframAlpha queries, managing your shopping list etc. etc.), there are channels (where administrators can send messages to members... sort of like a Facebook page is, but without comments on it), you can send any kind of file up to 1.5GB, there are stickers, GIFs, you can inline query YouTube or Wikipedia... If you are thinking about making a Telegram account, definitely do!
Personally I don't understand what the appeal is of chat bots. But then again maybe this is because I am jaded. :P It just makes me think of Microsoft Tay !! But it seems like the Telegram bots are... shall we say... less susceptible to peer pressure  [Image: rolleyes.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes drinks2go's post:
  • Genesis
(03-14-2017, 04:10 PM)renyhp Wrote: Seriously? I can't imagine one single reason why Whatsapp should be better than Telegram. On Telegram there are bots, which are automated accounts, that can do anything for you (I mean anything, for example downloading a video from YouTube, making WolframAlpha queries, managing your shopping list etc. etc.), there are channels (where administrators can send messages to members... sort of like a Facebook page is, but without comments on it), you can send any kind of file up to 1.5GB, there are stickers, GIFs, you can inline query YouTube or Wikipedia... If you are thinking about making a Telegram account, definitely do!

Of course Telegram is better for anyone remotely tech-savvy, but sadly, many people are not that. The reason WhatsApp is so popular is because of its integration with phone numbers, and the fact that you can call with it (in many countries), and as a result, a great deal of people naturally use it, simply because more of their contacts are using it. 
These people also do not really care or know how to set up chat bots, do not pay much attention to encryption, nor care about sending large files, and so WhatsApp is much better for them.

Even those who prefer Telegram have to use WhatsApp, simply because many people are already on WhatsApp and won't bother with something else.. I wish this'd change.
(03-15-2017, 05:04 PM)Falconwing Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 04:10 PM)renyhp Wrote: Seriously? I can't imagine one single reason why Whatsapp should be better than Telegram. On Telegram there are bots, which are automated accounts, that can do anything for you (I mean anything, for example downloading a video from YouTube, making WolframAlpha queries, managing your shopping list etc. etc.), there are channels (where administrators can send messages to members... sort of like a Facebook page is, but without comments on it), you can send any kind of file up to 1.5GB, there are stickers, GIFs, you can inline query YouTube or Wikipedia... If you are thinking about making a Telegram account, definitely do!

Of course Telegram is better for anyone remotely tech-savvy, but sadly, many people are not that. The reason WhatsApp is so popular is because of its integration with phone numbers, and the fact that you can call with it (in many countries), and as a result, a great deal of people naturally use it, simply because more of their contacts are using it. 
These people also do not really care or know how to set up chat bots, do not pay much attention to encryption, nor care about sending large files, and so WhatsApp is much better for them.

Even those who prefer Telegram have to use WhatsApp, simply because many people are already on WhatsApp and won't bother with something else.. I wish this'd change.

Sadly, it's usally keeping things "stupid simple" that gets them used by the masses..

So what's that say about the masses, eh??  [Image: undecided.gif]
West County Media // westcounty.media

tips.westcounty.media
I think, that both have good sides. I had TeleGram a time ago and i  never used it again, because no one of my friends used it again, too. So, i stay at WhatsApp
there is nothing can make whatsapp better than telegram .......
Mate you cant even check who is better 
just dumb whatsapp and use telegram :P ;)
(05-24-2017, 04:02 AM)ZedKun Wrote: there is nothing can make whatsapp better than telegram .......
Mate you cant even check who is better 
just dumb whatsapp and use telegram :P ;)
I don't quite understand ZedKun. Are you saying telegram is better than whatsapp, and if yes, why do you think it is better?
I have telegram but I mostly use whats app since it was all my friends started with and we still use it because it works. We can send images, gifs, videos and audio easily. It was also because we started using it in 2013 when Telegram was just starting out and we hadn't heard of it before. Whatsapp just works and we don't need the bots or stickers.

Barnum Designs
telegram have a good looking interface 
telegram is smooth and nice 
it have the bots development too 
it have groups and super groups that can get a invite link that you can post For example on your youtube channel ..etc

telegram's company work on it really fast .. they fix the problems that happen fast and it have good calls Quality
I just use Telegram for Offers Groups, bots, and Youtubers groups and giveaways...
Hi,

Although WhatsApp is very popular, there are many limitations and Telegram has shown to have very useful features that many of us expect WhatsApp to have and it is better than WhatsApp. The bad thing is that most of my contacts use Whatsapp. Boo...

By the way, there is an interesting app called "Signal", recommended by Snowden for being very safe. I will try it.

Best regards
For private conversation, keeping up with friends and family I go for WhatsApp.

For group communications, followup information etc I go for telegram.
Telegram offers far more options, controls and space in group chats.
The bots and the auto moderation functions like ban spanners etc are amazing.
Personal chat - WhatsApp.
Group chats - Telegram.

When it comes to market share WhatsApp is several times bigger than Telegram.
Thanks.
Telegram is way much better than whatsapp.Stickers Bots cloud based.It is the best.
it supports supergroups and bots and other FTP stuffs, its wonderful
it also capable to create channels like Youtube and latest update of content can be delivered to users through it.
it supports cloud services..so we can store our data from it and share with multiple user..and lots of feature other that brings up your productivity for marketing promoting and advertising skill and technical skill.
Hi,

When you ask "Is it better than Whatsapp?" the next question is for what reason and purpose? What do you want to do and what do you want to achieve with? Who is going to use it?
Most people use already Whatsapp. I don't use it anymore. So, people are more surprised that I don't use it. Everything that is for free and easy to use is others ahead. Whatsapp was the first player on the market for this type of solution and they did / do a good job. 
Even so when you prefer Telegram over Whatsapp YOU are going to convince the people you want to communicate with that they have to install Telegram as well. Otherwise you might have a hard time.
The bot features of Telegram are great! @renyhp mentioned it plus more features already in his post. Technically Telegram might be the better choice. Emotionally.... ;-)

Best,
CK
every time somebody asks me why i use telegram, i say something like: "i am always on my computer, its much more convenient to simply open the desktop program, instead of having to authenticate it, not only that, i hate having to keep my phone connected, my battery drains much faster that way. I also would like to use another devices, but guess what? whatsapp disallows that, you can only have 1 device with your main number."

finally, as many people say: only because something is popular, doesn't means its good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rsaeq's post:
  • Genesis
(01-28-2019, 09:04 PM)rsaeq Wrote: every time somebody asks me why i use telegram, i say something like: "i am always on my computer, its much more convenient to simply open the desktop program, instead of having to authenticate it, not only that, i hate having to keep my phone connected, my battery drains much faster that way. I also would like to use another devices, but guess what? whatsapp disallows that, you can only have 1 device with your main number."

finally, as many people say: only because something is popular, doesn't means its good.
OK - now you talk my language and have me interested in Telegram. I'm hesitating to use whatsapp too as am worried it will start a flood of communications that I won't have time to attend to. Easier for me to type in desktop mode than a phone. I'm going to check this out. Cool
I think Telegram is quite a lot better than WhatsApp. Sadly, many people are still using WhatsApp and are not looking to switch. In an ideal world, everyone would switch to another chat app as soon as it gets better than the one they are currently using but that's not the case.
I’ve never used it.

I have used iMessage.
I have used Signal.
I have used WhatsApp.

They kinda do a similar job.