Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What is your preference for using the Internet - desktop, laptop, ipad or phone?

What is your preferred hardware for using the Internet? Desktop, laptop, ipad or phone?

I prefer a desktop myself, both at home and at work, as one can settle in behind it, turn on the music or put headphones on, kick back and relax. I also like using a keyboard and have a large monitor in front of me.

For traveling I use a light weight laptop, Toshiba's Ultrabook. Last year when I purchased the laptop I was hoping I was going to use it more often, but find myself only using it when I'm traveling.

Although I've tried out an ipad, I haven't purchased one so far. May do so when they become a little cheaper, but am afraid that like my laptop, once purchased it will just gather dust somewhere. If I do get a little bit more with it with my hardware, I'd like to do something about buying a good smart phone. Maybe towards the end of the year, and after a new desktop at home.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  •
I like my desktop at home, but also use my laptop quite often. Particularly since it's more up to date in technology in comparison with my desktop. At work we've got laptops as I'm out in the field most of the time.
I've got a Dell desktop at home, still using Windows XP, but I'm very comfortable with it. Not really into laptops that much. Have a really good desktop at work. I've got a BlackBerry phone that I'm very happy with, but am using it mostly for contacts and checking my e-mails. Doubt I'd use it for Forums. iPad looks interesting, may get one one day.
I have only a laptop and use it wherever I go.
[Image: CKJPvzV.png]
I travel a lot for work and is mostly on the road. So like to use my phone for everything. I have an iphone 4 and it suits me well. When I'm home I like to use my desktop.
[Image: O4VvaSC.jpg]
I use desktop at home and at work.
I've got a laptop that goes with me almost every where. Macbook Pro. I also have an iphone, but don't use it for the Internet.
My father's laptop. Don't have spare cash for hardware right now.
Laptop and phone for me. I rarely sit long enough to justify a desktop.
iPad. I just use my desktop for scripting and internet marketing.
Laptop or desktop, tablet or phone... It depends where I am and for what purpose
I like my phone for most of my e-mails and stuff. For Website work I prefer my desktop or laptop. Sometimes both.
I am using my blackberry and Ipad for office email and messenger.
Desktop pc / laptop used to develop my website and another stuff
mostly my laptop, but sometimes i use my phone when i dont have my laptop with me .. Rolleyes
don't have a desktop. laptop i use for everything really. uni work, browsing, email, social media websites, not really gaming even though it is a gaming laptop. ipad i prefer for reading articles, books and sometimes uni work. mobile phone mostly for calling, txting but not heavily into the apps.
My girlfriends iPad I guess.
For Buying hosting & domains I use desktop and laptop. For check my emails, facebook chatting I use mobile, and for Gaming I use My Smartphone...
Laptop and smart phone. I'm on the road most of the time.
[Image: Cr34VZB.jpg]
I'm using my sister's laptop. And the desktop at the library.
I never use my school, library, or my friends Desktop for my webmastering due to securites.
Mostly today Smart phones are the most common devices used for Internet.
I use internet 12 hours a day! Isn't that too long..?

My preference(in that order):

1. Desktop
2. Laptop
2. Mobile Phone

At home:
Desktop: Listening to music online, playing games, web development, ebook reading.

At work:
Laptop: All academic projects, presentation etc.

Mobile Phone:
facebook, Twitter. Cool
(07-17-2013, 02:44 PM)LiveWire Wrote: I use internet 12 hours a day! Isn't that too long..?
I'm at 12 hours myself, and sometimes go as high as 16 hours. I agree, it has to be too long. But I like it! Tongue

(07-17-2013, 02:44 PM)LiveWire Wrote: My preference(in that order):

1. Desktop
2. Laptop
2. Mobile Phone
Am curious. What desktop are you using, brand and specs? Reason I'm curious is I should be thinking about replacing my desktop at home.
Smile 
Quote:Am curious. What desktop are you using, brand and specs? Reason I'm curious is I should be thinking about replacing my desktop at home.

PC Machine: Dell Inspiron 560 desktop
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz × 2
Memory: 2.9 GiB
Graphics: Intel® G45/G43

Operating System & others:
GUI/Desktop Environment: KDE 4.9.5 (Linux Mint), Gnome 3.4.2 (Fedora)
Windows 7 Ultimate
Definitely desktop, latop keyboards annoy me to the dickens. My thumbs always end up touching the mouse scrolling pad.
iPad ones are worse. I brought a keyboard with my laptop to Vancouver. So when I use my laptop, it's usually with a keyboard and mouse.
(06-12-2013, 01:03 PM)Hellsing Wrote: What is your preferred hardware for using the Internet? Desktop, laptop, ipad or phone?

I prefer a desktop myself, both at home and at work, as one can settle in behind it, turn on the music or put headphones on, kick back and relax. I also like using a keyboard and have a large monitor in front of me.

For traveling I use a light weight laptop, Toshiba's Ultrabook. Last year when I purchased the laptop I was hoping I was going to use it more often, but find myself only using it when I'm traveling.

Although I've tried out an ipad, I haven't purchased one so far. May do so when they become a little cheaper, but am afraid that like my laptop, once purchased it will just gather dust somewhere. If I do get a little bit more with it with my hardware, I'd like to do something about buying a good smart phone. Maybe towards the end of the year, and after a new desktop at home.

I use my iPad quite a bit for browsing the internet. I have a desktop, but since I'm a gamer, I use it for gaming, and it also has a server on dualboot when I'm not gaming. I use my laptop mostly for the internet browsing.
I don't understand how people use an iPhone keyboard or any of the onscreen keyboards, I find it harder to use with my fat fingers.
Same hear. I also think with keys. Have to have a solid key feel in order to think clearly. Tongue
Sadly that means using the blackberry...I don't know why phone makers aren't offering more options when it comes to smart phones with keyboards.