Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's your favorite graphics design program?

I often get annoyed when people stereotype Photoshop as being the only program you can graphics design with. Personally, Photoshop is too confusing for me. I prefer simple programs (of course not as simple as MS Paint). My favorite is Paint.NET. It's an awesome grahics design program that has many plugins and it's just really easy to use!

...how about you?
I thought paint.net was removed from Windows 10. Is that true?
(12-10-2017, 07:57 PM)Genesis Wrote: I thought paint.net was removed from Windows 10. Is that true?

I think your mistaking it for Microsoft Paint. I hear Microsoft is removing MS Paint from Windows 10, but some articles seem to contradict that saying they're still going to support it. As of now, I still have MS Paint (although I never use it).

Paint.NET on the other hand (sometimes confused with Paint... they probably should've gone with a better name) is a 3rd party digital art program (https://www.getpaint.net/) that has a ton more features, but definitely not as much as Photoshop which is why I love it. It's also available on the Microsoft Store, so it's not going anywhere anytime soon!
(12-10-2017, 07:57 PM)Genesis Wrote: I thought paint.net was removed from Windows 10. Is that true?

Not true at all. MS Paint is still alive and lives great. There were some contradictions, but Microsoft just added the Paint 3D and keeping the old one.

My fav programs are: Gravit Designer, Affinity Designer, Adobe XD, GIMP

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
Aha. So there must have been complaints. Glad Paint is still around and survived Windows 10. The free games like solitaire we used to have got removed from Windows 8 onwards - like now one has to go to a shop to get it.
My favorite program for photo manipulation is Paint in Windows.  Very standard app that allows you to crop, flip, copy, etc..  For more advanced image manipulation I use GIMP. It's similar to PhotoShop but its FREEEEEEE.  Really complicated to the novice user but there are some really good online tuts.
(12-11-2017, 08:19 AM)Genesis Wrote: Aha. So there must have been complaints. Glad Paint is still around and survived Windows 10. The free games like solitaire we used to have got removed from Windows 8 onwards - like now one has to go to a shop to get it.

There's a port of the Windows 7 games, like solitare, checkers, etc for Windows 10. It works well for me. After I saw what an ad-filled mess the default Windows 10 games were, I went in search of other options and I'm glad I can still use the Windows 7 versions this way. Smile
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
I mostly use Photoshop for my web and application development.. Although I have used Adobe Premier pro once and After Effects for Audio visualization. It's actually depends on your needs, every software from adobe is good.
Business Websites
Shop - https://biobeo.com | Hosting Panel - https://biobeo.net | Domain Panel - https://biobeo.org

My online portfolio
https://yusha.me

Made with
in Canada
Actually I'm working in sync between Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, depends from the need of the job. It's possible to manipulate Vectors and images in very easy way.
I like Pinta, its based on Paint.NET but is multi-platform, can run linux mac and windows. 

I used linux as my main OS for my laptop, windows for gaming on my desktop.  I have it in both machine.

I used to like gimp, but after I come across Pinta, its now my favourite.  It have that simple easy to use feel that ms-paint has with an added extra functionality.

https://pinta-project.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes GndZ3r0's post:
  • misharnet
I haven't used Pinta, looks pretty good, though on Linux it requires a lot of dependencies. I do use GIMP which is fully featured. Its not as simple to swap out from PhotoShop which is an industry standard, however, GIMP is cross platform and powerful. Take a look here
YouTube has many pro tutorials available.

I also use InkScape, again, cross platform and Open Source. Its got a great community and fully features. InkScape is an SVG image editor. Intuitive to use and stable. There are heaps of resources available, YouTube has lots of tutorials. It can save files in many other formats other than .svg

Here is a link

Finally, for 3D and a software used professionally, check out Blender. I haven't used this one, but its very impressive if that's your thing. Link to Blender

Again, go to the site, check out the videos and YouTube for tutes!
convct
Diablo 
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[-] The following 1 user Likes c0nvct's post:
  • Genesis
(12-10-2017, 04:40 AM)Intro Wrote: I often get annoyed when people stereotype Photoshop as being the only program you can graphics design with. Personally, Photoshop is too confusing for me. I prefer simple programs (of course not as simple as MS Paint). My favorite is Paint.NET. It's an awesome grahics design program that has many plugins and it's just really easy to use!

...how about you?

Hi,

I use GIMP for Linux for many years. Potoshop is popular, but not the only one for image manipulation. Also, there is a GIMPShot, a GIMP with PhotoShop's style.

Greetings
I use paint for screenshots and photofiltre
[Image: pepe.jpg?1475252543]
(05-04-2018, 04:50 PM)V1rtu0z Wrote: I use paint for screenshots and photofiltre

Could you tell us more about why you use them? What makes it stand out from other similar software? What are the pros and cons of using each one?

Note that posts like the one above are not Quality Posts and do not count towards earning hosting or a VPS.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
Photoshop and the window paint tools that is easy to use and free.
(11-26-2018, 01:58 PM)nawaz1122 Wrote: Photoshop and the window paint tools that is easy to use and free.

Photoshop is not free my friend, it costs money, but windows 10 paint is free if you bought the software, which is windows.

[Image: polandbar4.gif]
I like a few programs.
Depends on what I need.

PhotoShop
MS Paint, not 3D paint.
Gimp
Irfanview