Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Errors
[Solved]
I am trying to import a SQL file using MySQL Workbench it my SQL database and after about a minute it says SQL has gone away error 2006 and I do not know what to do!
[Solved]
You will have to give us more information. Exactly what steps are you following? What do you do and at what stage isn't it working? Has it worked before? Is this the first time you're trying to access a database remotely or have you tried this before? Pretend that we and you don't know anything and educate us from the beginning to your specific case so we can help you.
[Solved]
it has worked before just this time I do not know why it is not working the way I am connecting to the database is via MySQL Workbench 6.3 then I load the SQL file into the query and I run it after about a minute it stops with the error QL has gone away the error code is 2006
[Solved]
Still very little info. Does your inquiry have to do with your hosting account with us? Which database is it? How did you set up your WorkBench account with our cpanel hosting?
[Solved]
(09-25-2017, 12:29 AM)Genesis Wrote: Still very little info. Does your inquiry have to do with your hosting account with us? Which database is it? How did you set up your WorkBench account with our cpanel hosting?

it does have to do about the hosting account the Database is called TotalPvPSQL and I setup the workbench by logging into the kegano_SQL useraccount with the cpanel but it has worked before I do not know why it is not working now
[Solved]
Neither do I. I checked your Database and it is OK. If you say you were previously able to access the database remotely, was this this specific database or another database?
[Solved]
@ItsSkittlesYT 
Quote:I am trying to import a SQL file using MySQL Workbench it my SQL database and after about a minute it says SQL has gone away error 2006 and I do not know what to do!
  1. How big of a file is this? Is it possibly exceeding the max_allowed_packet setting? That's the first and easiest thing to eliminate.
  2. Have you checked error logs? Can you submit this information here? This is the place to find the logging information for Workbenchhttps://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/w...files.html
  3. Have a look at this and see if any of these common causes are applicable to you  https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/gone-away.html
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[Solved]
(09-26-2017, 11:09 AM)c0nvct Wrote: How big of a file is this? Is it possibly exceeding the max_allowed_packet setting? That's the first and easiest thing to eliminate.
How would you eliminate it without SSH?
[Solved]
(09-26-2017, 11:29 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:09 AM)c0nvct Wrote: How big of a file is this? Is it possibly exceeding the max_allowed_packet setting? That's the first and easiest thing to eliminate.
How would you eliminate it without SSH?  

I'm suggesting to eliminate the question of the file size, not change max_allowed. Fault finding through elimination. Is it not possible to make the changes via PhpMyAdmin?

Regardless, I thought there was SSH access via cPanel for shared hosting? I only use SSH to my VPS.

All I know is that he has a hosted account with us, and as you have accessed a database, we unless its not. I can only surmise but I was curious. I'll follow along this thread as I'm interested in the outcome.

It might be nothing, but he has also had to white list his IP address in the past:
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=8885
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[Solved]
try to use other app, for ex. Navicat