Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Errors
[Solved]
(09-26-2017, 01:05 PM)c0nvct Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:29 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:09 AM)c0nvct Wrote: How big of a file is this? Is it possibly exceeding the max_allowed_packet setting? That's the first and easiest thing to eliminate.
How would you eliminate it without SSH?  

I'm suggesting to eliminate the question of the file size, not change max_allowed. Fault finding through elimination. Is it not possible to make the changes via PhpMyAdmin?

Regardless, I thought there was SSH access via cPanel for shared hosting? I only use SSH to my VPS.
No. I don't think you'll find any SSH with free shared hosting anywhere - it's a security risk. Hence why I was surprised he could get the Bench up and going in the first place. I always thought that would only be possible through cPanel remote only. I've just noticed someone recommending Navicat. May be worth trying out if no SSH is needed.

Reason why I asked him whether the WorkBench has worked before on the specific database he is working with now is that @un4saken may have tightened up security in between him using the WorkBench for an older database. I noticed he had a few databases. Must say he hasn't been very helpful in supplying information.

(09-26-2017, 01:05 PM)c0nvct Wrote: It might be nothing, but he has also had to white list his IP address in the past:
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=8885
Good point.

Other possibility is to go into the php version in cpanel and make the package that can be downloaded larger. There are options there for increasing the time with which the download can be processed as well as the size of the download.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • c0nvct