Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys think about the new iPhone X?
(11-16-2017, 09:47 PM)Barnum4000 Wrote: Iphone x, while very expensive, is easy to break due to the way it was made which is all glass meaning it can shatter. The cost to repair it is extremely high. the cost to repair the screen is $300. So I would recommend buying a case to reduce the odds of it smashing. Personally, I am not a fan of the Iphone X I find the price tag too high for what it offers.

I feel the same way about the Galaxy S8, which is also all glass & did very badly in drop tests. Why do phone manufacturers feel the need to make their phones out of glass? Maybe that's fine for someone who switches phones every year, but with smartphones getting more and more expensive I'd rather just use my devices until they break.
resim
resim
I think the iPhone X was overhyped. Sure, it was a big leap in Apple products, but it was definitely overrated. The facial recognition update was glamorized even though it's not knew at all. Many phones have this feature (although not as advanced as Apple's) and it's not that mind-blowing.

The price was a big overstep, in my opinion. $1000 for a phone is definitely not worth it! You can buy 2 (maybe even 3) cheaper (that are just as good!) phones with $1K.
(10-31-2017, 04:16 PM)Voltero Wrote: Or in general, how Apple approaches the development and pricing of new devices? I personally don't own an iPhone but I asked myself if that's the way to go with premium smartphones and their premium pricing..
Iam really scared about the FACE-ID it should be illegal! Firstly it is a privacy hole because no data is safe on the Internet and we should not trust even Apple, then the government or spying agencies may have the full access to everyone's face ID!
Also, I am able to unlock a device just by turning it towards my friend's face (EVEN IF HE IS SLEEPING OR NOT COMPLETELY LUCID!!!!)
It's too cool and not safe enough to cost 1200$

GREAT job Mr. Jobs...
[-] The following 1 user Likes liverson117's post:
  • Genesis