•  Previous
  • 16(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who Is Your Favorite Domain Registrar?
How people can consider a registrar who upsells like crazy, has a UI messier than a labyrinth and only offers (crappy) phone support good....Shock Wacko

(03-07-2017, 01:10 PM)kentwiggins Wrote: I began transferring my .com domains from NameCheap to NameSilo, as they are charging for the whois guard on the second year, and the prices are higher than the first year.
Gotta love users who "blame" the host (registrar in this case) for the fact that they were distracted and didn't notice - even though each discounted price and offer is clearly outlined - that they were looking at promos/offers and as such the validity is limited. Lol
Google domains is deinfitely a fav
Oh and also go daddy
Whilst not my favorite, I would think that namecheap is pretty good, since their prices are lower, but that doesn't conern me too much
I would like to mention that I have had good experiences with go daddy, but others I know have not. They seem to have a lot of options. But so does google domains
I try to support registrars in my own country if I am buying my country code top level domain (ccTLD)

However, if it is a .net or .org or .com or any generic top level domain (gTLD) I will search https://domcomp.com to get the cheapest price. You can usually get what you want for under 5 dollars this way, you just need then to maintain different accounts at many registrars XD But I administrate all the DNS through a 3rd party like cloudflare, so I only need to go back to the registrar to renew, and usually after the first year I just transfer them to my preferred national registrar, if I plan to keep the domain (usually I don't).
I Love Godaddy.
(03-21-2017, 01:01 PM)mike2008 Wrote: I Love Godaddy.

To earn a Quality Post credit, could you tell us why you love GoDaddy?
resim
resim
I'm not in love with Godaddy ever since they have removed all promo code (Can't blame then since they haven't seen any anual profits in that company for years). But I still use them because I get best prices from them. They are no longer cheap for those who have couple of domains at them. But if you have 100+ domain names then you can buy Discount club membership which gives you lowest price for all LTDs automatically. So these days I pay around $8 for .com renewals anout $9 for rest of top level domain extensions like .info, .net etc.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
NameSilo or CrazyDomains, hands down are the best registars in terms of price, support and reliability. They are the cheapest choice out there and still have support.
(07-10-2017, 11:02 AM)pakyinsun Wrote: NameSilo or CrazyDomains, hands down are the best registars in terms of price, support and reliability. They are the cheapest choice out there and still have support.
No, they are not - CrazyDomains asks £16.00 for a *com; that's almost $20 USD, almost double of what Namecheap, Name.com or Dynadot ask.

Again, suspicions of affiliate post - since this is the same as another post.
I'm in italy and a good registrant is register.it, but I've tryed bluehost that has a good server pèerformances and give to you th multidomain service.
Well i prefer enom mostly. Their api is very smooth and hassle free even its easy to integrate with whmcs. Since i use whmcs i get enoms reseller account for free.

•  Previous
  • 16(current)