Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drupal - Pros & Cons?
I don't like drupal, or joomla, they all the same!!! 

lot of version, patches, un-updated plugins that makes my hair bald.

I tried it, makes me wan't to comit suicide when I made my website!
I tried the last version of Drupal, and the last version of Joomla, in both cases there are no much differences. In fact, Drupal 8 improved some tools to manage user and profiles. In the other side, Joomla 3.7.3 has some new fix for security. I think, Drupal is more easy to manage than Joomla.
Personally, if I need to build an e-commerce site, I use PrestaShop.
Is responsive, easy to use even for those who are not very practical with the computer and includes everything from the most common payment systems to shipping systems.

I tried other CMS solutions like Woocommerce by WordPress but PrestaShop is the best.
Its a good cms but its con is that it can be usead by only tech exports. A beginner or who has a little knowledge in coding will find it difficult to use.
(03-31-2016, 10:58 PM)Yozora Wrote: So I went to a presentation about Drupal that the local developer meetup here gave recently. It was on Drupal 7, which isn't responsive, but Drupal 8 is supposed to be responsive. Overall it seemed like the admin panel had a much higher learning curve than WordPress, but according to the presentation it's supposed to be better from a security perspective. Has anyone used Drupal, and if so, what are the pros and cons of using it over other CMSs?

Well, your post has already summarize your question.
WP is a lot easier compared to Drupal which make it as number 1 CMS used globally. But Drupal is more than just a CMS, it's more of a framework. 
Responsiveness is just a theming matter. You can find plethora of responsive Drupal (7 & 8) themes, free or commercials. But that's not the power of Drupal.

You can create a very complex site with Drupal, even application, if you know what you're doing.

The cons surely is the learning curve. Even upgrading from 7 to 8 in Drupal needs a serious attention.

Security wise, both are secure enough if you follow the security guidance, and always update when a new vulnerability detected and the fixes released. What make them insecure are the practice of the webmaster (and/or server admin), and third party plugins/themes/modules (especially nulled ones).