Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is myBB a CMS?
(01-11-2017, 02:26 PM)CHT Wrote: "Facebook is a CMS"
Evidence from herehere and here all say otherwise though. A web app is not a CMS, but a CMS can be a web app. Period.
I think you need to stop posting, especially since you do not know that Apple doesn't use Java for app coding, and claiming other untrue stuff.

Responses from people who are not experienced. If the website has database and is written in php and using any other framework and is dynamic, it suggest that it also has a back end to monitor and maintain the website.
(01-11-2017, 03:43 PM)GigaGreg Wrote: Responses from people who are not experienced. If the website has database and is written in php and using any other framework and is dynamic, it suggest that it also has a back end to monitor and maintain the website.

Were you replying to me? Because I felt that particular post has no relation to what I was mentioning about in the quoted post.
(01-12-2017, 03:03 PM)CHT Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 03:43 PM)GigaGreg Wrote: Responses from people who are not experienced. If the website has database and is written in php and using any other framework and is dynamic, it suggest that it also has a back end to monitor and maintain the website.

Were you replying to me? Because I felt that particular post has no relation to what I was mentioning about in the quoted post.

Yes, I replied to you, because of the:
Quote:Evidence from herehere and here all say otherwise though.
(01-11-2017, 02:26 PM)CHT Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 07:59 AM)strokerace Wrote: Oh my GOD. Its not a computer application as you can not install it on your computer and run it. Stop listen to people who have no clue on what an application is.

You are just digging yourself into a very big hole. Facebook is a CMS as you do not and refuse to understand what a CMS is. Facebook is not, can not and never will be a web app. It doen't not contain actions. Period. I think you need to go back to school and take some programming course in order to understand the simple language that I have been using to explain it too you.

I don't see a BIOS fresh install being a thing you can install, yet it is a computer application. This is no different from such a case.

"Facebook is a CMS"
Evidence from herehere and here all say otherwise though. A web app is not a CMS, but a CMS can be a web app. Period.
I think you need to stop posting, especially since you do not know that Apple doesn't use Java for app coding, and claiming other untrue stuff.

BIOS is not an application. Application is just something that kids who don't understand things because it didn't have a lable. So they gave it a lable so they could understand it.

You have no evidence at all. You are way out of your league. You have no idea on what you are talking about nor do you understand it.

Apple does use Java for App coding. Look at the code. Yes, Objective-C is used and Swift is a combination of C and Java if you cared to look at the platform. On top of that, there are other platforms that coders use to make apps for Apple.

A CMS will never be a web app regardless what garbage you try to read or come up with.
(01-12-2017, 06:54 PM)GigaGreg Wrote: Yes, I replied to you, because of the:
Quote:Evidence from herehere and here all say otherwise though.

I merely used those to prove Facebook isn't a CMS. That's all there is to it. I knew they weren't experienced(as in don't have knowledge for all aspects of web programming), but it was fine for proving my point.
(01-13-2017, 06:08 AM)strokerace Wrote: BIOS is not an application. Application is just something that kids who don't understand things because it didn't have a lable. So they gave it a lable so they could understand it.

You have no evidence at all. You are way out of your league. You have no idea on what you are talking about nor do you understand it.

Apple does use Java for App coding. Look at the code. Yes, Objective-C is used and Swift is a combination of C and Java if you cared to look at the platform. On top of that, there are other platforms that coders use to make apps for Apple.

A CMS will never be a web app regardless what garbage you try to read or come up with.

If BIOS isn't an computer application, considering it runs on a computer and is an OS(which is considered an application btw), then what is it? Computer applications as I said are programs to do specific stuff, like starting a computer(BIOS) or running a Web 2.0 App(like Facebook). If you can't even understand this fact, please stop posting already.

I've given multiple evidence links to prove my point, while you have not. Please do tell me who has no evidence at all.

Code means nothing. All it proves is they have taken ideas from Java, which *cues quote*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_(pro..._language)
Wrote:
Objective-C's use of a Smalltalk-like syntax for making method calls has been replaced with a dot-notation style and namespace system more familiar to programmers from other common object-oriented (OO) languages like Java or C#
Apart from that, the only other way I recall is using HTML5 to make the apps. In no way is there any Java, especially since Objective-C is still currently in use.

Seems like you can't phantom the idea that a CMS can be web-based, like Wordpress. Just to state, Wordpress is both a CMS and a Web 2.0 app.
(01-13-2017, 01:53 PM)CHT Wrote: Seems like you can't phantom the idea that a CMS can be web-based, like Wordpress. Just to state, Wordpress is both a CMS and a Web 2.0 app.

Wordpress is a BLOG PLATFORM.
(01-13-2017, 04:38 PM)GigaGreg Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 01:53 PM)CHT Wrote: Seems like you can't phantom the idea that a CMS can be web-based, like Wordpress. Just to state, Wordpress is both a CMS and a Web 2.0 app.

Wordpress is a BLOG PLATFORM.

It's also a CMS, which this link from 2014 will prove my point. To quote the exact text:
Quote:It isn’t particularly amazing in any niche other than blogging, and it sacrifices being a powerhouse when it comes to things like digital asset management for the sake of simplicity. Yet at the same time, WordPress is a content management system, and a good one at that. So, maybe it’s time everybody got over it.
(01-13-2017, 04:57 PM)CHT Wrote: It's also a CMS, which this link from 2014 will prove my point. To quote the exact text:
Quote:It isn’t particularly amazing in any niche other than blogging, and it sacrifices being a powerhouse when it comes to things like digital asset management for the sake of simplicity. Yet at the same time, WordPress is a content management system, and a good one at that. So, maybe it’s time everybody got over it.
Agreed, we should get over this thank you CHT. Think we've exhausted this discussion now and time for it to be closed. If someone wants me to re-open it, please PM me.