Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Twitter dying?
Well the Twitter is totally different from Whatsapp or Telegram. Later are basically phone based Chat applications. Twitter is an Macro Blog platform. People use to get updates on other people, companies, causes etc. It's 50/50 personal/business thing unless most of other social networking tools or Macro Blog platforms. People use to it to spread an idea or new fast among others. Basically Twitter has become a headache to some governments around the world. Few examples are Turkey, Pakistan, China etc. So Twitter still get plenty of users. Their problem is monetizing that huge user base to make enough profit.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
[-] The following 1 user Likes xdude's post:
  • Yozora
Twitter is still very popular in western world and among the second in Macro Blog platform. And it helps me get much traffic even I have few followers (not established well) and very few posts.

In my viewpoint, I just find it is quite hard to gain followers on Twitter to help me gain more traffic.
It all really depends of geographic spread.... and what your are hoping to achieve through the mechanism you use, and no mechanism is immune to possible spam, one of the photo links I posted here as an example with a name on it was used to spam me, and no GigaRocket is not to blame, I am, I put it up in the publics face.

Normality is a perseption based on someone else's jaded opinion.
Probably, all enterpraises dying with the time, and Twitter wont be the esception because they didnt change anything since they opened.
to be honest i feel twitter isn't dying but i see where you are coming from a lot of people have many hashtags on twitter which provides twitter to blow up and also attracts new people but i haven't seen much on my twitter feed for a while which is quite usefull but celebrities are still helping twitter hold a audience and keeping twitter alive but over the time i feel twitter will die out because their will be something better for users to use eventually over time
I don't think twitter is dying , the thing is , i think it's more used by big companies to get informed !
The inconvenience many organizations have with regards to Twitter is persistence. Your Twitter profile is not going to explode overnight in light of the fact that you tweet something consistently. It requires somewhat more movement then that. 

While administrations like Hootsuite are useful for getting your tweets out, a profile that is effective can't depend on booked tweets alone. Effective Twitter utilize involves steady engagement. A few updates a day are fundamentally required and you should have the capacity to demonstrate a promise to engagement. 

Not at all like LinkedIn or Facebook, when individuals react to a Twitter post, they expect a remark back. Being that Twitter is a substantially more social and close condition, you can't let reactions (unless they are clear trolls) and different engagements go unacknowledged. An effective Twitter account has somewhat forward and backward with its group of onlookers. It connects with rouse discourse and engagement. It associates specifically with different organizations and brands.
https://biobeo.com
Made with
in Bangladesh
I used to be on Twitter in 2012/13 and it was huge. Lots of people were having fun in the website but nowadays, it's just like a social media for celebrities; a really poor one if you ask me. I just saw a Paul McCartney post on Twitter and it has 2,000 RTs and 3,000 likes. The same post on Facebook has 43,700 likes. Twitter is dying, slowly dying. They should get rid of the 140 limit.
(11-14-2017, 02:15 AM)QuickStop Wrote: I used to be on Twitter in 2012/13 and it was huge. Lots of people were having fun in the website but nowadays, it's just like a social media for celebrities; a really poor one if you ask me. I just saw a Paul McCartney post on Twitter and it has 2,000 RTs and 3,000 likes. The same post on Facebook has 43,700 likes. Twitter is dying, slowly dying. They should get rid of the 140 limit.
Agreed. You probably noticed though that they doubled the limit recently. But even with the doubling of the limit I still think it is working detrimental to them. They have outlived their usefulness. Perhaps they could change their Identity to Twitter instead of tweeting.