Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Java Help

What is the best way to learn Java and being able to understand it, because I have been trying to learn it for 3 months now and I still don't fully understand the language?
[Image: kung-fu-panda-quote1.jpg]
My Forums
My Website
Add me on Discord Austin | SensualOrange#3553
If you wish to join me on my adventures as a minecraft player/pvper then add me on discord or send me a PM on the forums!
None, you simply skip learning java as it is useless to make games and programs with, best example: Minecraft, Wakfu and Dofus (From Ankama Studio). There is no need to learn and use Java as it uses too much of computer resources, which simply means that you should avoid programming with Java.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
I thought Minecraft was made with Java though. But ok thank you for your response @GigaGreg
My Forums
My Website
If you wish to join me on my adventures as a minecraft player/pvper then add me on discord or send me a PM on the forums!
If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.
(05-21-2017, 01:29 AM)laehum Wrote: iRoasting   for what ur want use java ?      game , code , pentest ?

There are some way for learning some code dude . we need more explication about ur self formation !

bb cya
Web Design
(05-21-2017, 12:37 PM)brakdag Wrote: If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.

Maybe for some people but I am not one of those people. I am a visual learner so I have to look at how its done not the other way around mate
My Forums
My Website
(05-21-2017, 01:37 PM)iRoastinq Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 12:37 PM)brakdag Wrote: If you already know programming in another object oriented language will be easy, java is very easy.
Maybe for some people but I am not one of those people. I am a visual learner so I have to look at how its done not the other way around mate
I think the way to learn is very easy, you can first watch videos on the internet if you are very visual, then you need to see what the experts do and copy them, but experts do not make videos on youtube, you have to see and copy their code that They do. The code form experts are in the repositories. Like github.
(05-21-2017, 01:43 PM)brakdag Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 01:37 PM)iRoastinq Wrote:
I think the way to learn is very easy, you can first watch videos on the internet if you are very visual, then you need to see what the experts do and copy them, but experts do not make videos on youtube, you have to see and copy their code that The generate are in the repositories. Like github.

Ok. I will do that. I used https://www.codecademy.com/ but that doesn't really help me a lot but I still use it from time to time.
My Forums
My Website
So, you are talking about Java Script, which is indeed used for web development, not Java. In this case, Code Academy, Khan Academy and W3 Schools and other tutorials are good for learning.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
(05-21-2017, 01:47 PM)iRoastinq Wrote: Ok. I will do that. I used https://www.codecademy.com/ but that doesn't really help me a lot but I still use it from time to time.
In the process of learn there are dificulties, its depends of the market in internet.
The videos and tutorials that you can find on the network are mostly for beginners, there are no advanced programming videos nor specific, because it is always about the video/web has more visits, this is why learning stops, once it is Have the minimum knowledge. To break that barrier you need to learn from those who do not make money with video reproductions or visits from the web, but from those who do, and for that I repeat,
The people that makes great code and program uses repositories. you can learn more looking at code made by other experts than a video or internet tutorial.
(05-21-2017, 01:53 PM)GigaGreg Wrote: So, you are talking about Java Script, which is indeed used for web development, not Java. In this case, Code Academy, Khan Academy and W3 Schools and other tutorials are good for learning.

I would also like to learn Java as I am wanting to make minecraft plugins (I know what you're thinking lol). But yes I do want to learn JS along with Java.
My Forums
My Website
JAVA language is very good!
I suggest you learn common knowledge programming first. such as control and conditions commands that are common in all language.
you should write codes again and again!you should be dirty hand!
also,you should write a few real programs to see its result.by this way, you can sense it very better.
good luck
Not sure about the comments here about Java being a "useless" language.  Every language has it's strengths and weaknesses.  Even simple Java programs are very large, require a large amount of resources and require the JRE on the client computer to deploy.  However, Java's strengths far outweigh it's weaknesses.  The JRE is already installed on over 1/2 of every device in the world.  This includes ATMs, street signs, smart phones, tablets, etc..  It is a very robust language and IMO not very difficult to learn.  One resource I used, when learning Java was learnJavaOnline.org

I'd be happy to speak with you further if you want to PM me.
Hi,

Java is a bit complex, but no impossible. You can't learn the whole language and libraries (because we are just humans). Just use what you need.

The following link may help you to learn more about Java from basics and with examples:

https://beginnersbook.com/java-tutorial-...-examples/

Other suggestion: I learn a lot by reading a book. Why not? Try it!

Best regards
The language doesn't matter so much as the concepts. OOP, which is what Java is, is what I think you should look at first, although Java is making steps toward functional programming nowadays Clapping
(07-10-2018, 12:19 PM)ecow Wrote: The language doesn't matter so much as the concepts. OOP, which is what Java is, is what I think you should look at first, although Java is making steps toward functional programming nowadays Clapping

I heard good things about Java every where for that very reason perhaps. Looks as though it's become an important tool to master if one is into serious web development these days.

Someone told you something like "skip learning Java". I don't agree that.
Maybe it wont be your best languaje in the future, however if you learn it you'll have enought knowledge and you'll be able to code in whatevere languaje you want. keep learning friend. PD: it takes more than 3m. be patient
(05-20-2017, 08:37 PM)iRoastinq Wrote: best way to learn *

Not everyone can manage with conventional "show me example"/"I implement the example"/"lesson learned".

It is possible you can have better results "learning backward". I did.
I started reveres engineer programs in various languages before I went on and programmed the "hello world".

once you reverse engineer it, it won't be pretty or nice to view,
and sometimes it won't even stay in the same syntax as the original language,
but it gives you a wider understanding on how the program works.

Java is notoriously easy to write,
but HARD to follow an other mans code.
there are a lot of factories that pre-dates object creation,
the meaning of the program is spread across a lot of classes, interfaces and static shared method,
so you'll eventually could do something like 'program.start.run("something").action();'

there are other design patterns and close-languages to java that makes it more bearable,
revealing just enough for the programmer to see, while keeping the complex stuff in the background as a shared library,
or a code no-one actually touch for years.

once you write a simple program (hello world will do),
or grab a jar (unzip it like a regular zip file),
you can use 'DJ Java' (DJ java decompile by Atanas Neshkov, google it, it is a little hard to find..) to reverse engineer the class to '.java' text file, you can look into other programs and walk through code to see their solution to stuff.
it also flats out libraries so you could inspect code more easily.

basic interaction with java usually goes (in the start at least) as a client program, that may accepts arguments,
and reads and writes to the standard input/output/error stream.

more complex UI can be used later, as dialog-boxes and fully graphical user-interfaces.

Some editors are better than others,
leave Eclipse for the professionals,
use old versions of netbeans (7/8) which you can still download,
IntelliJ IDEA community has the basic.

and you need the documentation pages ready for use.

this might help: https://github.com/eladkarako/JDK-archive