Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is your preference - Photoshop or GIMP?

Photoshop is definitely a better program in my opinion. And I completely understand why it's expensive, software developers don't freely improve programs... GIMP is a decent alternative though, but I think Krita is a great new alternative as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MotherOfDragons's post:
  • Genesis
i have used Photoshop CS6 and am not so familiar with Gimp.
I like neither, rooting for paint.net. While paint.net is simple, you can install many mods for pretty much any feature you'd like. I don't even mod it because its all I need to satisfy my photo editing needs. Photoshop is good because of how natively feature-rich it is, but so is Gimp. Of course the paid product is going to be higher quality, but Gimp is a great alternative and in my opinion better than Paint.net. I just don't learn how to use Gimp because I don't need to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeductiveWalrus's post:
  • Genesis
I've used both - I prefer Photoshop mainly because i know it better, Each have some of the same features just done in different ways.
hello guys,

yes GIMP is cool because its free, its open source, its fast, does not need a lot a space. Easy and fast.
But professionals use Adobe Photoshop because it can do so many stuff that GIMP can't . It's simply more powerfull and have a full audience of photographers and designer behind it.
Around me designers told me that GIMP is crap when it comes to do real stuff and they didn't like the user interface and the shortcuts where lame aparently !

anyway that's my share folks !

thanks for reading
I use Photoshop occasionally, so it won´t make Sense to me, to get deeper into Gimp. But when I used Gimp ages ago, it was pretty weak in every task compared to Photoshop, but on the Things it could it was an easy task.

Photoshop can be pretty tricky and some things aren´t that logic to me, but as always, it´s just a manner of experience. The more you work with it, the more you get into it and in the End Photoshop can do all the Tricks you´ll ever need.
I use Photoshop occasionally, so it won´t make Sense to me, to get deeper into Gimp. But when I used Gimp ages ago, it was pretty weak in every task compared to Photoshop, but on the Things it could i...
GIMP 2.10 !! But I do use AzPainter or MyPaint, and Krita for just drawing and painting. GIMP is really good for editing.