Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

What is your preference for using the Internet - desktop, laptop, ipad or phone?

A 14 inch laptop does the better work for me . and yah android tab also works fine...........................................
I use desktop and laptop and an iphone. Depends whether I'm on holiday or traveling, but I like to use my desktop as I find it very convenient for working with my Websites. iPhone and laptop are handy for traveling.
Phone and I-pad is mostly what i use... I seldom use desktop for professional work.
I still prefer my desktop for working on photos. I like the big screen, keyboard, mouse and graphics tablet (found unused at Goodwill for $12!). Can't fit this all under my arm or in small case yet, but who knows. I don't say "never" in regard to technology anymore.

For everything else I use a laptop which I take just about everywhere. I've had it a couple of years which is probably arriving a little late at the mobile computing party, but for now it suits me just fine.
Are you a graphics artist by any chance? Would be great to see some of your work if you would like to share it with us.
Desktop hands down for anything that involves productivity but I have to say I like using a tablet more for general web browsing and books.
I prefer to use my laptop instead of other things. My phone is nice and all, but it's screen is nowhere near the size of my laptop nor does it have full HTML and CSS capabilities. I also play MMORPG games which is near impossible (or perhaps completely impossible?) to play on my phone or iPod. I love my iPod, which I use for music and YouTube alone. As for the use of Desktops, I have never liked them for some reason and I don't think I ever will. Perhaps this is because I prefer the portability of a laptop over a big CPU.
I like to use internet on Galaxy Tab 10.1. And laptop
(12-12-2013, 04:47 PM)Genesis Wrote: Are you a graphics artist by any chance? Would be great to see some of your work if you would like to share it with us.

Sorry, I just noticed that I missed this post.

I'm mostly a photographer as you many have guessed by now. I've also done a lot of ad and publication layout, business cards and a few logos. I'm a designer with a little drawing skill but would never presume to call myself a graphic artist. I have a lot of respect for people with great drawing skills.
(12-21-2013, 01:40 PM)helpremember Wrote: I have a lot of respect for people with great drawing skills.
So do I. Looks as though you've got great creative skills, particularly with wielding tools like PhotoShop. I've got an admiration for that too. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • helpremember
At home I prefer a Desktop. So I can extend my system if I like it.
Or, if my cup of coffee spilled over my keyboard, it is possible to change hardware
without problems.
At work I have to use a thin client.

And for maintenance, the notebook of my wife.....
I prefer DesktopClapping over other Portable Gadgets. Cause I like to browse over BIG Cool screens. But I do use my android mobile phone while on the move, to check my mailsShock.
Hi,
I have a Notebook Mac Book Pro that I use for work and I think before or late I buy a desktop for gaming at home.
For now at home I have a Pentium Duo with XP that I don't turn on for years. Lol

bye
Saul
I like my desktop at home
I usually use my desktop. Full keybored, 32 inch monitor, 7.1 surround sound and a comfortable chair. Nothing beats it but when i am on the go its laptop all the way. The lighter the better.
I prefer my desktop. I have never bothered much with portable devices. My phone that no longer works didn't have Internet functionality so I don't have any experience browsing the web using a phone. I do have a laptop but I normally only use it when there is a problem with my desktop. The battery is dead and I connect the monitor, mouse, etc. so it's used pretty much like a desktop. So as I said, I prefer desktop.
If I'm just browsing the internet, I prefer a laptop. I like how it's mobile, and you can use it most anywhere. If I'm doing development, gaming, or something else that requires most resources and space, then I prefer desktop. They normally preform much better, and the monitors are typically larger, giving you more space to work. If I'm traveling, I prefer a smartphone, actually. I feel like a tablet is big enough, that it's not much harder to transport than a netbook. I typically end up almost never using tablets for internet browsing.
I always use desktop at home and don't even have a personal laptop.

I use desktop because
  • Big classic keyboard
  • Big monitor Tongue
  • Easy backup to the 2nd harddrive (can use NAS with laptop but still I prefer desktop)
  • Easy to troubleshoot hardware problem
  • Easy to upgrade hardware whenever I feel like
  • Gaming is best enjoyed on desktop PC
[Image: uWWcwyB.jpg]
(04-02-2014, 06:52 PM)Penguin Wrote: I always use desktop at home and don't even have a personal laptop.

I use desktop because
  • Big classic keyboard
  • Big monitor Tongue
  • Easy backup to the 2nd harddrive (can use NAS with laptop but still I prefer desktop)
  • Easy to troubleshoot hardware problem
  • Easy to upgrade hardware whenever I feel like
  • Gaming is best enjoyed on desktop PC

Yeah, upgrading is a major problem when it comes to anything aside from a desktop. You pretty much just have to buy a new device entirely if you want to upgrade your laptop/tablet/phone. Great points, though. :)
Everyday at home stuff: old 2009 macbook pro

Gaming and windows stuff: custom build windows 7 gaming desktop

on the go internet: iphone 5 (ios 6)

youtube: android tablet
I prefer a desktop with a normal sized keyboard. And big screen. I have a cheap tablet, but don't use it much.
XP Home edition Security: http://securexp.gi9.co/
Forget Laptop. Go for Macbook. :P
(08-22-2014, 05:35 PM)bucqs Wrote: Forget Laptop. Go for Macbook. :P
You think this is a quality post?

Why go for Macbook?
I like all of them and have all of them. Desktop is a must for me when playing games and doing serious Website building. iPad is useful for sharing stuff like photos with the family and friends and checking up on social Websites like Facebook. Laptop I like for attending classes with and don't know what I'd do without my phone.
Phone - I can go everywhere with it and be online everywhere I want.
I like to use my desktop for everything.

Laptop and iPad while I'm in school.

And Phone for quick browsing while I'm out or while i'm on the bed before going to sleep.
It depends what I am doing. I mostly use my laptop, phone, desktop, tablet... with laptop being #1 access to the internet. It helps that it has a long battery life as well. I have the Samsung ativ book 9 with Windows 8.1. Works well for my usage. My only grip with it is that the resolution is so high, that it makes some sites very hard to read.
I love my portable workstation, counts as laptop,but it's heavy as hell so I don't carry it around. So, mainly I use a smaller laptop at work for internet, the speed isn't the same though.
I'd like to get a netbook or a tablet, still not sure which, to use for internet more often.

Need to be able to transfer files and some flexibility for apps, but mainly I need to conference call with it,
any suggestions? Huh
I'd definitely go for laptop. I think it's basically the perfect combo between the abilities that a desktop has and the lightweight/mobility of a handheld device.

Honestly I think it really depends on what you use it for. Half the things I go on the internet for don't come in app form so trying to navigate on my ipod is pretty cumbersome. That being said, I like being able to move around so a desktop gets uncomfortable pretty fast for me.

although, you can definitely have a nicer screen/keyboard on a desktop so it really depends on what you value more in a computer I guess.
I prefer having a desktop at home with really good specs and all the music and gaming setup. I usually bring my ultrabook with me. I have an Ipad but it isn't convenient because there are not a lot of features on it.

So yea, a good desktop at home and an ultrabook to bring everywhere.