Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

What is your preference for using the Internet - desktop, laptop, ipad or phone?

I will say computer because this is what I use in generally.. sometime I use my phone when I'm not home or I'm too lazy to leave the bed and open the computer.
At wotk I use desktop computer and then use my wife's galaxy mini at home (So outdated Lol )
i prefer desktop browsing when not on bed. It gives me more screen space to explore
My preferences would go

1. Desktop or Laptop (kinda tied)
2. Phone
3. Tablet
Desktop #1. Even tho I like to 'mobility' when using Laptop I don't like to play games on it so, overall I prefer to use Desktop but when I'm just watching movies/tv shows Laptop can be better since I can watch it anywhere
I think you should use LAPTOP for watch movies and surf on web.

For play games; You should use DESKTOP.

For (only) surf on web and read news; You should use PHONE.
the laptop , because they one little consumsion of electricity
I like to use the internet on my laptop and iphone most just because it is so portable and I can have it with me but I also use it on my desktop a lot too for work and things like that so it is very mixed for be but what I like the most is my phone
I prefer and mostly use desktop, it's just much easier to navigate stuff, but I do use my phone when I'm in bed, for example.
Moved from thread about specs to thread about device preference. Genesis

Hello everyone,

I use actually all of them. PC, tablet, laptop. At home, I am working with the desktop and with the laptops. It depends WHERE I am working. ;-) Sitting on my desk, certainly, it is the desktop with the bigger monitor. Working outside enjoying the nice breeze and the weather, it is my laptop. Doing some reading and research, I use a tablet as well.
However, everything is virtualized which gives me the flexibility to shift things around. That means, I use VMs in the cloud. So, more features and more power even when I am traveling. All the files and tools are right there and I know, I have fast internet even when the place (coffee shop, hotel, airport) has low internet speed. Another benefit is the situation with passwords. Public places are not really safe.

How about you?

Best,
CK
Old school as well.

Prefer Desktop (Ubuntu Linux) via wired connection for anything requiring login/password (or WinXP for Filezilla uploads, again via wired connection).

If just surfing (no login), will use Android tablet (find virtual keyboard slow).  Do not own Smart Phone.
(11-28-2018, 02:45 AM)rrroberts Wrote: Old school as well.

Prefer Desktop (Ubuntu Linux) via wired connection for anything requiring login/password (or WinXP for Filezilla uploads, again via wired connection).

If just surfing (no login), will use Android tablet (find virtual keyboard slow).  Do not own Smart Phone.
I should take a leaf from your desktop and go for Linux as well. May do that with the next generation of new hardware if and when in a couple of years. Yesterday I learned about Lubuntu at another Forum for a desktop application that sounds worth pursuing. I may opt for that.

Phone wise I have a very real worry about using my phone from a security point of view. Just doesn't feel as secure so I'm still on 2G phones hear in South Africa. Will have to change next year when I get to Canada. If all works out well.