•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What is your favourite Web editing software?

like Notepad+
silmple
Dreamweaver and Flash Drinks Cheers,, cool.. Friends
super hosting site
I use HTMLKit 292 free version by chami.com http://www.htmlkit.com/ for hand-coding HTML/CSS/PHP/JavaScript. Syntax highlighting, 400+ plugins (most free). Lots of productivity tools and built in FTP client.

Easy to use for the novice and powerful enough for expert developers.
Google - Love it or Hate it - as a business owner you can't ignore it
www.amethystsoftware.co.nz
I have never heard of this one before Amethyst. Will certainly check it out, thanks! Good
I mostly use notepad and PSPad for PHP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gillanfrances's post:
  • rkmkvk
I mostly use Sublime Text for programming at work/home.
However I recently found an amazing Cloud Based IDE called Cloud9 IDE(http://c9.io) - it's just awesome! It allows me to have access to my codes everywhere, with the ability to use a wide range of features, which most desktop IDE's offer.

I strongly suggest trying them both. Cool
i'm using editplus. TongueTongueTongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes encikam's post:
  • rkmkvk
my favourite editor is UltraEdit-32
ytdl.xyz youtube downloader
[-] The following 1 user Likes ogah's post:
  • rkmkvk
Notepad ++ and some tools are awesomeCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

(08-28-2013, 04:35 AM)ogah Wrote: my favourite editor is UltraEdit-32

me too

(08-25-2013, 03:01 PM)encikam Wrote: i'm using editplus. TongueTongueTongue

tats awesomeUnknown

(08-22-2013, 05:25 PM)gillanfrances Wrote: I mostly use notepad and PSPad for PHP.

tats nice
I use Adobe Muse and Weebly Online sites faster, and more complex sites I use Adobe Dreamweaver.
Hello,
Software to edit web pages are different. In my case I use Notepad +, Dreamweaver and Webdev. But mostly I prefer joomla because it has its own editor and very easy to use. In fact you can install several editors and work with the best we like.
i usually just use your basic notepad. sometimes dreamweaver
Could anyone give me any ideas of what best software i can use to get me started on creating my website once more.

Thank you in advance.
i use templates and tweak them to my satisfaction
NotePad++ does a great job for me.
Depends on if I am working for a client or myself.

How I design for a client:

Open up notepad and type up as much content as possible from the client.
Move on to Adobe Photoshop for some design mock-ups to present to the client.
Export all images and open up Notepad++ or phpdesigner8 and get to coding.
Convert and upload theme to localhost Wordpress installation and start testing in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

For me:
Photoshop then PhpDesigner8
I use htmlkit 292.

Even though it's not officially maintained anymore, there's a large community of users and plugin creators. It runs great on my XP machine at work and has a useful built-in preview feature which makes it easy to tab back and forth between the code and preview views.

When I work on a Mac, I like to use SEEdit Pro.

I never hear anything about this software but it works great, has a nice clean interface and is good at helping to keep site-wide files organized. I have a free version but am considering paying for the full version. The free version I have has full set of capabilities, though, so it's not like it's limited in any way.
Never heard of htmlkit before. Am definitely going to try it out, thanks for mentioning it HR.
I always use Notepad ++ with no exceptions.
I code and design all of my website layouts myself. My favorite program in website design is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. I know it's an older program, but I was taught how to manage a website using this program in high school. I took an "Art Tech" class in which I honed my Graphic/Web Design skills. I've actually been doing Graphic/Web Design since I was 11 years old. Check my introduction in the thread : Meet and Greet for more information.

Alongside Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, I use Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady to design my layouts. I also like using a program called CuteNews for news posting. Disqus is nice for comments though I prefer CuteNews. CuteNews makes it easy for me to have multiple users post on a website.
I use to use CuteNews for all my anime sites I did back in the day, I really like using it for that type of website. It is very lightweight and easy to use.
I have uses Macromedia MX too before for HTML designs. Now I write everything in PHP and CSS.
(12-16-2013, 03:08 AM)lestaria Wrote: I code and design all of my website layouts myself. My favorite program in website design is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. I know it's an older program, but I was taught how to manage a website using this program in high school. I took an "Art Tech" class in which I honed my Graphic/Web Design skills. I've actually been doing Graphic/Web Design since I was 11 years old. Check my introduction in the thread : Meet and Greet for more information.

Alongside Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, I use Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady to design my layouts. I also like using a program called CuteNews for news posting. Disqus is nice for comments though I prefer CuteNews. CuteNews makes it easy for me to have multiple users post on a website.
Looks as though you're a trained Website builder. Great stuff! Are you a graphics artist as well?
(12-16-2013, 08:55 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(12-16-2013, 03:08 AM)lestaria Wrote: I code and design all of my website layouts myself. My favorite program in website design is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. I know it's an older program, but I was taught how to manage a website using this program in high school. I took an "Art Tech" class in which I honed my Graphic/Web Design skills. I've actually been doing Graphic/Web Design since I was 11 years old. Check my introduction in the thread : Meet and Greet for more information.

Looks as though you're a trained Website builder. Great stuff! Are you a graphics artist as well?

Yes I am! I use Adobe Photoshop CS and Adobe ImageReady CS for animation. I don't animate things very often, but when I do they're usually pretty simple. Graphic and Web Design are my passion, I love what I do even if it is only using those skills for a blog. It's a great way to do something fun and productive.
If you are interested to help out, our owner Chris (DJB), would be very interested to see some of your art work. He is hoping to find someone who could do some original artwork for Gigalicous and has a particular style in mind. Maybe you could send him a portfolio of a few designs of yours, that is, if you're interested of course. Or just a URL of your blog and your designs in it.
(12-16-2013, 09:07 AM)Genesis Wrote: If you are interested to help out, our owner Chris (DJB), would be very interested to see some of your art work. He is hoping to find someone who could do some original artwork for Gigalicous and has a particular style in mind. Maybe you could send him a portfolio of a few designs of yours, that is, if you're interested of course. Or just a URL of your blog and your designs in it.

As awesome as that would be, I doubt my skills come anywhere close to that of which you are looking for. I also don't have my artwork anymore since I never saved it onto a separate flash or external hard drive. So what would I have to make a portfolio out of? I didn't even save any of my stuff to Photobucket or Drop Box, but then again I was much younger at the time so I didn't think of backing anything up (oops!). I'll definitely be saving my stuff from now on for future opportunities like this. Thank you so much for offering though!
I'm completely useless with coding, I couldn't code a website from scratch even if I tried, I use free templates and edit them in Notepad++ then view the html file in Firefox, to find problems I use Firebug, fixing them of course is another thing altogether.
That puzzles me. If you're good at editing a free template to the extent that you obviously are, you should be able to code a Website from scratch. Probably easier to code it from scratch. Unknown
I know, it sounds crazy doesn't it, someone able to create skins for vbulletin V3 & V4, PhpBB2 & 3, SMF 1 & 2, MyBB and Boonex Dolphin, able to edit existing web templates, and yet I couldn't code a website from scratch, seriously, I couldn't.

I have some brain damage from being hit by a car and then being in a coma as a kid, it has altered the way my memory works and my ability to concentrate properly, I either click with something right off the bat or I don't stand a chance. I have found that so long as I consider something fun and playful I can do it fairly well, but looking at a blank page in an editor I just draw a blank in my mind, it's quite frustrating to be frank.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next