•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What is your favourite Web editing software?

i use Notepad++ for Html/Css nd Adobe Dreamweaver CS7 (windows) for php/js or j query.

Removed smiley - please use smileys appropriately and sparingly - Genesis
Diablo Do You NeeD a BangladeShi or IndiaN CommuNiTY siTe? Pm me!
Currently I'm using Dreamweaver, it's ok but a bit heavy on memory.

I want to try some others out like notepad++ but just haven't bothered trying them yet as I'm concerned it might be more for people that know how to code off the top of their heads.
I've always wanted to learn to use Dreamweaver as I've always considered it the equivalent of PhotoShop to graphics. A Rolls Royce. Notepad++ has to be a clunky Volkswagen in comparison, one of the sixties models. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • binghipagh
(03-14-2014, 11:01 PM)Genesis Wrote: I've always wanted to learn to use Dreamweaver as I've always considered it the equivalent of PhotoShop to graphics. A Rolls Royce. Notepad++ has to be a clunky Volkswagen in comparison, one of the sixties models. Tongue
lol I don't know why but having spoken to several other web designers it seemed that notepad++ was the norm.

I felt pretty useless using dreamweaver when I spoke to others, it felt as if I was being looked down upon by others for using such a well known brand rather than freeware Sad

It's not too bad though, I don't even use half the options in dreamweaver, I'm mainly just using the source code page, the live view etc for me are just eye candy built into dreamweaver so I still prefer to refresh a browser to see how things are coming along.
I worked with our professional Website designer at work, and he is doing exactly what you are doing. Using the source code pages of Dreamweaver. But only as one of many tools. Including Notepad++. I think once you've downloaded Notepad++ and worked with it, you're going to wonder why you haven't done it a long time ago, as there is no learning involved. Any one can use it. Much more difficult to get to work with Dreamweaver than Notepad++. And Notepad++ is free as well.
(06-12-2013, 01:28 PM)Genesis Wrote: How do you go about with creating a Website, and what is your favourite Web editing software?
I use WYSIWYG 9 because I can create responsive sites...
Notepad ++ and Macromedia dreamweaver best tool ever
[Image: proudlypinoyontrans.png]
Personaly I prefer to use notepad + + which is very light and fast, and has several very useful function but Aptana and Codelobst are very good for the web development.
I use TextWrangler as I am a Mac user, but honestly I like Notepad ++,because it is very good for my coding purposes. I used to use Dreamweaver but stopped, because it show a template in a weird way as it is wrong, but the same template in the web browser will be fine.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
oh my gosh Notepad ++ all the way. Its light and is just sexy and i cant live with out it. YahooYahoo
(03-20-2014, 07:31 AM)codemaster42 Wrote: oh my gosh Notepad ++ all the way. Its light and is just sexy and i cant live with out it. YahooYahoo
It is very intuitive as well.
I think the most important feature is syntax highlighting. When I work with multiple files I use Geany but if I just want to make a small change to one file I often use gedit.
Notepad++ if I am on my windows pc, dreamweaver or TextWrangler if I am on my mac (which is never, because it's way too slow most the times. Fool)
[Image: tumblr_m8i6x0vOl01rr2zps.gif]
(06-12-2013, 01:28 PM)Genesis Wrote: How do you go about with creating a Website, and what is your favourite Web editing software?

im a big fan of dreamweaver and ms word
(04-03-2014, 08:04 PM)windycitygamers Wrote:

im a big fan of dreamweaver and ms word
What is it that you like about them? Dude, you need to make 10 quality posts, so you need to say a little more than just liking something.
Adobe dreamweaver, but i typically just use scripts.
i'm not very professional but i like to use dreamweaver and sometime netbeans basically while working on java. prefer netbeans as it is free and smart editor.
I know basic HTML, CSS and Photoshop so I'm capable of using a mix of dreamweaver and notepad++ but I'm a lazy kid. So I normally use WYSIWYG Web Builder by Pablo Software. It's pretty good and extremely powerful. :)
I haven't tried Dreamweaver but it seems pretty all-inclusive with regards to editing any web site. I have used WYSIWYG Web Builder from Pablo and it has served me well in building a basic site structure and adding simple components like text, shapes, images and image sliders. Other than this, it is difficult to edit a site after it has been published and the software does impose forced ads which are garish and an look out-of-place in any corporate web site.
I use NetBeans for an IDE, mainly cause it supports everything I normally use: MySQL, PHP, FTP, Subversion, Git and Javascript.

I usually test mostly in Firefox, but also test in at least Chrome and IE (although I personally HATE Internet Explorer).

Simple text editors are fine if all you need to do is tweak a file here and there, but an IDE that has code completion, function browsers and automated syntax checking can be real time savers if you are developing full web apps.
I like Dreamweaver and Zend Studio. Dreamweaver gives me fine-grained control over everything on the page, if I need that, or lets me quickly put together a template. Once I've designed the site, I turn to Zend Studio for javascript, jQuery, and PHP support.
For MAC users, I recommend coteditor.
I also use x-code, which is a "programmers editor". It has many useful features like Code snippets, warning, Fixme, syntax coloring for some languages, indenting and re-indenting etc..
Yeh!, Notpad++ is my very favourite Web editing software. :)
(08-14-2014, 08:47 PM)phpfreak Wrote: Yeh!, Notpad++ is my very favourite Web editing software. :)
For a quality post credit - why is it your favourite Web editing software?

PS: Suggest you read our Guidelines for Quality Posts. There has to be some discussion in your posts in order to earn a quality credit.
I agree. For simple work, Notepad++ is already just fine. For complex work, I would also use Beyond Compare.
Frontpage and Dreamweaver
if you are new try wordpess for blog and other personal website
But professional like Adobe Deamweaver only
Dreamweaver is one of the most popular Web Editor.I use it for everything from PHP HTML xml ,
I'm using code writer at the moment and notepad for editing.
I don't see how using Dreamweaver makes one professional. It's in the person who codes, not the code writer program :)
I use a wide variety of them but I think the one i use, and carry with me around is, notepad++. Its becoming more useful the more I work and code being that it supports almost all languages. Also considering it has a plugin interface where the community can make ways to make the program a lot more User Friendly.

If you are to try notepad++ and looking into being a web developer, I recommend NppFTP, ImgTag, Explorer, and Quick Color Picker+
You're so right about its usefulness Spasian. I've been working on a phpBB Forum with plenty of themes, and the only way to do modifications to the code cleanly without the possibility of picking up unwanted characters and stuff when one saves changes to the coding is notepad++. I'm glad I researched before I started to work on the themes as someone warned against using the phpBB code editor as well as the cPanel code editor.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next