• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What is your favourite Web editing software?

How do you go about with creating a Website, and what is your favourite Web editing software?
Well I use existing templates that I get for free off the Internet, and then tweak them to how I want them to be. I use Notepad++, a free development software, as my editor, together with Mozilla Firefox for viewing my pages.

By the way, here's a great place for finding some kickass templates. They come with css and are ready and perfect to go:

http://html5-templates.co.uk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maximus's post:
  • hnet
I like Notepad+
Free software very simple and it shows the code errors
I am the king of typo
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
– Martin Luther King Jr
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hazem's post:
  • rollasolutions
I still use FrontPage, so wonder whether FrontPage Extensions are available with Gigalicous?
Why not ask our Tech Admin in the Hosting Support Forum?
Well I'm a complete NOOB! So have to start from scratch. Think I'm going to try out Word Press and see where it takes me. Learn as I go.
Veni Vidi Vici
I use templates myself, but do a fair amount of coding as well.
[Image: CKJPvzV.png]
If i'm doing a small update that is only HTML/CSS with little to no PHP I would usually just use the in-built editor to the website like wordpress or Notepad++

If I'm working on a decent size php application i use Netbeans
It depends on the project. If the project is just a website notepad++ or dreamweaver(mac). If it something more complex, for ex. online with mobile etc notepad++ with xcode or eclipse.

off topic
A little hint. For everything else (not web) see embarcadero. If you want to just write the code once and be multiple platform.
[-] The following 2 users Like whsecurity's post:
  • autimurga, Goku
(06-20-2013, 08:03 AM)whsecurity Wrote: off topic
A little hint. For everything else (not web) see embarcadero. If you want to just write the code once and be multiple platform.
Awesome tip WH! Good
[Image: Cr34VZB.jpg]
Dreamweaver for me, although it sucks big time in validation. I use it and love it all the same. Great piece of software.

They`ve got a new flavour out called Dreamweaver CC.
Please do NOT contact me via PM for support request`s, use the support forum instead, you will get a faster response.
[Image: TPoSr7d.png]

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/sitebee
I've always dreamt about using it ... Both Photoshop and Dreamweaver are on my MUST DO list. I probably shouldn't say it loud, but I'm using Expression Web 4. Dreamweaver probably runs like a Porche in comparison, whereas Expression Web is like taking a train. Tongue

Now and then I use Notepad++ with Mozilla Firefox. What I like about Expression Web 4, apart from the much cheaper price, is that one can view one's Website in multiple browsers. One can also use FTP spontaneously when one publishes in addition to editing Websites live, if FrontPage Extensions are enabled by the Host. The latter is great for when one wants to make quick changes, I like speed and Expression Web 4 provides me with that. Code can be messy however.
Notepad++ for sure.
Try Artisteer but its not free.
HOT MUSIC VIDEO | Video Music Knowledgebase
I like Notepad+
I use it and love Dreamweaver, it is the greatrst in validation and it shows the code errors!!!! Good
when i was using linux it was gedit. now im back to windows 7. probably going to do a dual boot and install linux again
I like to use notepad++ but some times i edited themes online if i use wordpress .

i ever using adobe macromedia but still prefered notepad++
I use Notepad+, it's awesome! I also use Dreamwiever CS5 which I think is great too! I code my own website templates so anything I can code on is good. :)
Dreamweaver cs4 ^^
Dreamwiever CS4 is awesome! I prefer CS5 myself but I like CS4 too! I like all the Adobe products than others, to me there more professional. Yes, they cost a bit but it's worth every penny!
i'm lazy. i use existing template and edit it with Notepad++.
[Image: Cr34VZB.jpg]
i still use notepad++, this free n powerfull
I do both. I usually work fast, and whatever tool looks the quickest from A to B is the one I use. Could be a template, or it could be notepad++ with some coding.
[Image: CKJPvzV.png]
I use Linux. I use following tools for web application development:

FTP Client: Filezilla

Editor: Geany, Kate, VIM, Nano

Google Chrome: Developer Tools and Page speed.

CMS/Framework: Wordpress

Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes LiveWire's post:
  • campuseducation
I use Noteped++ for my web projects. It is simple, fast, clean. Easy to install, no tension to buy the software. Yahoo
I use notepad2 n notepad++
HOT MUSIC VIDEO | Video Music Knowledgebase
Notepad - although I'm seeing that a lot of people really like Notepad++ probably because of it's autocomplete?
I love to use adobe product....

i stick with DREAMWEAVER cs6 and i love it
(08-12-2013, 11:05 AM)campuseducation Wrote: I love to use adobe product....

Looks as though we can look forward to a great Website Campus. Good
(08-12-2013, 08:50 PM)Hellsing Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 11:05 AM)campuseducation Wrote: I love to use adobe product....

Looks as though we can look forward to a great Website Campus. Good

Hmm

• 1(current)
  • Next