Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which is your favourite search engine?

I still don't trust Google, BUT have to concede that it has "better" search results than any of the others. Doesn't mean it's great search results though. Just better than the others. There are days that I really get irritated with the real junk results of even Google that come out at the top, no doubt due to some special SEO. I really want to see the best results though, which aren't necessarily the ones with more traffic.
Google, I love Google instead other search engines out there like yahoo search and bing. I got everything that I might looking for e.i News , videos, images and anything. So my recommend is Google.
Google for most things, although I like all the features DuckDuckGo has, and I've been using that one sometimes. Sometimes trying other search engines is helpful when Google can't find something, so I've played around with others, but Google is good enough for most things.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yozora's post:
  • Snowflake
Google ftw
I am still using Google, because indo not see any really good alternative. Probably Metagear is catching up in the future
Of course the great GOOGLE . You can't find any thing nicely other than google because of it's easy-to-use interface .
Found a new good one: www.startpage.com. It's Google results, but more user privacy focused than Google.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
I tried startpage once, think I'll try it again. I like the idea about more user privacy.
(12-05-2014, 07:22 AM)Yozora Wrote: Google for most things, although I like all the features DuckDuckGo has, and I've been using that one sometimes. Sometimes trying other search engines is helpful when Google can't find something, so I've played around with others, but Google is good enough for most things.

(01-23-2015, 02:50 AM)Yozora Wrote: Found a new good one: www.startpage.com. It's Google results, but more user privacy focused than Google.

I never heard of any of these. Just the most common search engines! I am going to check them out. The duckduckgo seems really good. Other than that I always use Google for everything.
[Image: tumblr_m8i6x0vOl01rr2zps.gif]
Google is easy and using Chrome also easy. I like it that I don't have to fiddle with Acrobat Flash Player and Chrome takes care of that for me.
[Image: CKJPvzV.png]
Well It's Google search. Easy use and I'm so used it. I don't bother about Yahoo or Bing unless it's something to do with search engine optimization. I think there are other promising search engines which are not wel known yet. For example duckduckgo.com is a pretty good one which doesn't keep information of users.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
Well it depends upon my needs. but often I use google and bing. I remember once I use to use Yahoo Search a lot. But since 2008 I do not use yahoo or any of it's service. I now completely relay on google and all of it's service, Including Google+ YouTube, Google Drive, Calender, Google Play Store, Gmail, Google Apps, Google Codes, Google Input, Google Font and others.
Business Websites
Shop - https://biobeo.com | Hosting Panel - https://biobeo.net | Domain Panel - https://biobeo.org

My online portfolio
https://yusha.me

Made with
in Canada
Google
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
– Martin Luther King Jr
Google is my best friend other search engine like Yahoo I never and I mean never use them
I like Bing.com

I know it is Microsoft but the truth is that I get better results to my questions than google, I think it has to do with all the AI that google has that makes them think that I like or want the result they give me.
Google should be obvious
Google is the best one
absolutely Google Clapping
Google, absolutely!
I'm definitely "Google " everyday all day but sometimes I use WolframAlpha which is listed as a "computational knowledge engine" and brings up some unusual search results, facts etc.
It can tell you, for example, how many gallons of water are in the Pacific Ocean — and it will then proceed to tell you things like how long each side would be if you packed all of that water into a perfect cube. Type in “Delhi"and it’ll tell you how many people live there, what the current time, temperature, and humidity are, and even elevation, nearest power station etc.
Definitely a once every now and again engine I use loads.
Absolutely GoogleDrinks
I use DuckDuckGo most of the time these days for its bang commands and privacy features.

'!g <searchterm>' will get me Google if what I'm looking for is not in the first page or so, don't normally have to though. Searching most major sites is just a few keystrokes away.

Sure - you can add search plugins to most browsers, but it works anywhere without having to set anything up.
google - for quality and accurate search results

duckduckgo - for privacy (sometimes, search results are not that good compared to google)

location/language based : baidu, yandex , naver
I use Google. There is no yet in sight, similar Search Engine.
Do not expect from others what you are not willing to do yourself!
----------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to read Forum Rules.
----------------------------------------------------------
Premium MyBB Themes - Webmasters Forum
You won't believe me but there are things that I find in Bing that I can't find in google.

So I use both.
Google is the best search engine for the moment, yes I have that it want to know everything about be and keeps tons of date about my searches, oh and all these annoying ads everywhere, but when we talk to search, its results are most relative to the topic.
(07-03-2015, 06:07 PM)_Hoh_ Wrote: You won't believe me but there are things that I find in Bing that I can't find in google.
So I use both.

I always find whatever I search in Google. I use Bing and Yahoo for search engine optimization stuff but I no longer get traffic from these search engines.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
Google, because it has the best relevance for any search term.
I think Google is the best solution for everything. But if Google cant give me the right results I use Bing.
I personally use DuckDuckGo because it offers great privacy as it does not keep any logs at all.