Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Web Designer Tools R.I.P. Flash long live HTML5

As flash is slowly, and thankfully dying out, developers are going to be looking for a replacement. Google have been working on something which is cross platform. Its very much worth taking a look and getting started in this new html5 arena. Here's a link to it:

Google Web Designer

This is a beta software, but its fairly bug free. Let us know what you think and post new web design software that you are using in this thread.
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[-] The following 2 users Like c0nvct's post:
  • Genesis, Hazem
WHAT?!!!!!

I use Gravit Designer, however I have installed Xara Designer Premium (I have license for it), this software is so weird and complex.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
(12-21-2017, 03:04 PM)c0nvct Wrote: As flash is slowly, and thankfully dying out, developers are going to be looking for a replacement. Google have been working on something which is cross platform. Its very much worth taking a look and getting started in this new html5 arena. Here's a link to it:

Google Web Designer

This is a beta software, but its fairly bug free. Let us know what you think and post new web design software that you are using in this thread.

Hi,
 Flash (and actionscript) was my favorite platform for animation and games. But many developers have abused by making a complete site done with flash. This made the pages very heavy and when you needed to update, just one leaves the site to avoid having to do the reinstallation. That was the bad.

But it is great for small elements and give functionality that is usually very difficult in JavaScript.

With the arrival of HTML5 and better support for the elements of a vectorized image (SVG), it becomes a much better alternative. Too bad that there is not yet a very good editor, except Google Designer.
Regards