Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VPS Mining ?

Is it possible to use MinerGate with VPS? Has anyone an tutorial?
I would not recommend using a VPS to mine for any type of cryptocurrencies it would quickly use up all the servers resources and you would mine little to nothing. Since you are allocated a limited amount of resources and graphics cards are better at mining than the CPU and most servers do not have dedicated graphics cards in the first place.

On our VPS you would most likely be suspended.
Quote:Data Transfer (Bandwidth) and System Resources
All VPS hosting accounts should remain within the agreed data transfer (bandwidth) allowance for the account. In the event that an account is deemed to be using excessive data transfer (bandwidth) or resources, GigaRocket may suggest action to reduce bandwidth or resource use, or suggest moving to another hosting provider.
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/Thread-...Conditions

Barnum Designs
(12-29-2017, 11:11 PM)Barnum4000 Wrote: I would not recommend using a VPS to mine for any type of cryptocurrencies it would quickly use up all the servers resources and you would mine little to nothing. Since you are allocated a limited amount of resources and graphics cards are better at mining than the CPU and most servers do not have dedicated graphics cards in the first place.

On our VPS you would most likely be suspended.
Quote:Data Transfer (Bandwidth) and System Resources
All VPS hosting accounts should remain within the agreed data transfer (bandwidth) allowance for the account. In the event that an account is deemed to be using excessive data transfer (bandwidth) or resources, GigaRocket may suggest action to reduce bandwidth or resource use, or suggest moving to another hosting provider.
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/Thread-...Conditions

I don't know if I will even try but we could mine feathercoin using 50% of the CPU. This is not "expensive" an MAYBE will generate some profits.... Maybe not... I can try on my home pc, and see if I can gain something or if it is useless...
In addition to @Barnum4000 our VPSs at Gigarocket haven't been created for mining currencies. They have been created for hosting Websites and small applications - definitely not crypto mining. If you use more resources than what the VPS has been allocated with you may lose the VPS, because that is against GigaRocket's VPS Terms and Conditions. You also don't get a second chance when your VPS has been suspended. You lose use of the VPS permanently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • nftw
(02-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Genesis Wrote: In addition to @Barnum4000 our VPSs at Gigarocket haven't been created for mining currencies. They have been created for hosting Websites and small applications - definitely not crypto mining. If you use more resources than what the VPS has been allocated with you may lose the VPS, because that is against GigaRocket's VPS Terms and Conditions. You also don't get a second chance when your VPS has been suspended. You lose use of the VPS permanently.

I can agree with this. I mine at home with my Personal computer and have 3 GPUs connected to it. p The fact that Gigarocket even offers a free VPS with terms is fair enough. it encourages a community and development.
It will work as much as possible.
However, this is completely unprofitable.

Digging the GPU starts to be unprofitable, let alone the CPU .
I actually made a Tutorial just now here's the link

https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/thread-12345.html

If you want a tutorial for minergate, just ask :)
Dont mine on the vps cause it used up resources, you will probably be caught and banned. It round it for the rest of us looking to host websites or in my case a python bot, just dont do it dude pay for one if you want to mine.
the resource of a normal vps is limited.if you want to mine cryptos and also want some good profit you must have high resources.but the price of vps high resources is too expensive and it's not cost for making profit in mining.you can invest your money in cloud mining and it's more cost than vps mining with high resources.