Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to stop the count of my visit? Analytics & WordPress

Information 
Hi, I'd like to know How to stop the count of my visit of Google analytics. I have tried some tutorial that talked about editing the footer (or better header but I have the script on the footer) wordorpress file but they didn't work OR they showed the code at the end of every page of my blog! Help!

P. S. I can't exclude my ip
Hi, please provide more information. With what you have provided I think you are talking about whitelisting your IP from Analytics - in which case hopefully this tutorial should provide you with some help - White list IP
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
[-] The following 1 user Likes c0nvct's post:
  • Genesis
(01-26-2018, 05:01 PM)liverson117 Wrote: Hi, I'd like to know How to stop the count of my visit of Google analytics. I have tried some tutorial that talked about editing the footer (or better header but I have the script on the footer) wordorpress file but they didn't work OR they showed the code at the end of every page of my blog! Help!

P. S. I can't exclude my ip

I can't exclude my ip because I often change it. Are there any scripts I can use? (this is the point)
Ok, so you could:
  1. Set up a proxy server, or use an already established proxy. You would first connect to the proxy (giving you a static IP address) then through that, connect to your site.
    That is the easiest way I see to solving your problem
  2. Another, more complicated option is to write a script that will a) Check your IP address, like whatsmyip (there are many scripts to do this, depending how what language/how you deploy it - probably in java scripts or php, whatever)
    b) you would probably have to get an api key from Google to use a script to insert that IP address in to your analytics.... 
There are probably many other ways, and someone else may have suggestions. Personally, I'd use a proxy. You might be able to install your own proxy on some free hosting account some place, then it'll only be you using it (think about the security of the proxy, if you own it, you'll be peachy)

Set up SSL on it too... stay secure.  Drinks
convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
(01-27-2018, 01:18 PM)c0nvct Wrote: Ok, so you could:
  1. Set up a proxy server, or use an already established proxy. You would first connect to the proxy (giving you a static IP address) then through that, connect to your site.
    That is the easiest way I see to solving your problem
  2. Another, more complicated option is to write a script that will a) Check your IP address, like whatsmyip (there are many scripts to do this, depending how what language/how you deploy it - probably in java scripts or php, whatever)
    b) you would probably have to get an api key from Google to use a script to insert that IP address in to your analytics.... 
There are probably many other ways, and someone else may have suggestions. Personally, I'd use a proxy. You might be able to install your own proxy on some free hosting account some place, then it'll only be you using it (think about the security of the proxy, if you own it, you'll be peachy)

Set up SSL on it too... stay secure.  Drinks 
I may list a VPN's ip which is easier.... I have a little expieriece with scripts and I don't want to pay for a good proxy.
Anyway I think that before doing this I woyuld look for some other scripts online that block the visits of admins, thanks for the help!