Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSL Certificate Expiry?

[Solved]
cPanel Username: gillan

URL: gillan.gigarocket.net

Detailed Description: Got an email earlier today saying my website's SSL Certificate will expire on Aug. 18, 2018.
Also some of my website's pages aren't appearing/blank but single posts and the homepage work well. I also can't login to my WP admin because of a "disbaled cookie" notice even though my cookies are enabled.

Thanks in advance!
[Solved]
PHP Code:
PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/gillan/public_html/wp-content/themes/aquaa/functions.php:19)  

I've removed the unnecessary <?php tag in line 19 and now your wordpress admin panel is working. SSL Certificate is not related to your issue.
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests - Use Support Section.
Don't forget to read TOS.
Never argue with idiots.
First, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with their experience!
[-] The following 1 user Likes un4saken's post:
  • DJB
[Solved]
(07-19-2018, 11:52 AM)un4saken Wrote:
PHP Code:
PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/gillan/public_html/wp-content/themes/aquaa/functions.php:19)  

I've removed the unnecessary <?php tag in line 19 and now your wordpress admin panel is working. SSL Certificate is not related to your issue. 

Thank you! What should I do regarding the SSL certificate expiry?
[Solved]
Hi Gillian, if you head over to "SSL/TLS Status" in cPanel, you should be able to see if your hosting account has a live SSL Cert (it should have). If you cannot see the HTTPS packlock symbol within your web browser you may need to force SSL via your HTACCESS file. 

If that sounds a little too technical for you. We can help, only if you do not mind us modifying your HTACCESS file.
Please do NOT contact me via PM for support request`s, use the support forum instead, you will get a faster response.
[Image: TPoSr7d.png]

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/sitebee
[Solved]
Normally free SSL/TLS certificates are just domain validated. It only lasts 3-4 months. I know this because I run my own personal website. I built it from the ground up at first (Using Notepad++, write some simple HTML codes and some web icons like awesome icons).

This is different if you use Cloudflare as your certificate by provider. It lasts almost a year and when it expires, Cloudflare will automatically renew it.

You should use Cloudflare if you don't use subdomain hosting. You will have problems when registering for Cloudflare with a subdomain hosting. Currently Cloudflare doesn't support SSL/TLS subdomain as the main domain.

If you use subdomain hosting, you should better of using Let's Encrypt's certificate. The set up process is slightly complicated but you can use services such as sslforfree.com. I used it before, it was great until my previous hosting provider blocked boot verification (which is required for Let's Encrypt).