Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

netflix

hello

do u anyone of you spends real money on netflix? 

i dont spend money on watching this all sites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rave's post:
  • djneg0
@rave That sounds interesting but I don't think I quite understand what you are saying. Are you watching Netflix and not paying for it? Or not watching Netflix and not paying for it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • amsamglobal
@Genesis

I don't watch Netflix because it's paid site or you can say it's TV shows channel. Some people around world pays Netflix to watch some TV shows which are not telecasted on TV as like sacred games TV show which is only available in netflix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rave's post:
  • niltekp
Yes I do about £10 per month and use it nearly everyday watch tv series and films a like when I want on what ever device I want to.
Can also download things to my mobile devices so can watch when have no WiFi available
Short Answer: Yes.

Netflix is worth the money, as you can watch movies, TV shows, and "Netflix Originals".
Buying even the cheap package is worth it, if your ever bored, grab some popcorn, and scroll through your recommended.  Smile
I was reading today that Netflix have more paying subscribers than Cable TV and Sky TV put together. In fairness its easy to see why, more choice, better value and not tied into a lengthly contract.

Fan of Netflix here, been a subcribersince the day it launched in the UK.
Please do NOT contact me via PM for support request`s, use the support forum instead, you will get a faster response.
[Image: TPoSr7d.png]

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/sitebee
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJB's post:
  • amsamglobal
What I hate about Netflix is the fact they're completely regional. In other words if one subscribes from South Africa one gets a different collection of movies than say in the UK. I've been wanting to watch a movie for ages now - The Wave - which is a really great movie from Norway I believe that is dubbed into English. That would have been the reason I'd have subscribed but doesn't look as though Netflix South Africa has it on offer. I'm not sure which Netflix region has it, and after unsuccessfully searching gave up on subscribing. Like one has to subscribe first before one can see whether it is available or not.

I then landed with Amazon. Haven't actually done the subscription yet, but looks as though Amazon could be a very good alternative to Netflix where I can get the movies I really want regardless of which location I'm in. Like Amazon also has a region thing, but for "The Wave" I'd be able to get it with my present location.
  • yasiraman
Definitely, recommend Netflix in whatever region you are in because of the range of original programming they are producing. But since they, Hulu or Amazon cant carry everything, you want to have more than one service. Which is still so much cheaper than cable. The most recent NETFLIX show that I cant stop watching is the Haunting of Hill House and its worth the cost and the time to watch all season.
Two years ago, i used Amazon Prime for a few month. Okay, but I prefer Netflix.

Last year I was on in Turkey for holidays where I created a Netflix account out of sheer boredom (bad weather). They still book the fees in Turkish Lira, so I can not complain. Good exchange rate.

As I know myself, I also will be one of the first with a Disney streaming subscription... Marvel, Yoda, etc.

(07-27-2018, 09:06 AM)Genesis Wrote: What I hate about Netflix is the fact they're completely regional. In other words if one subscribes from South Africa one gets a different collection of movies than say in the UK.

I heard about, but can't confirm. Netflix from turkey, no difference to a german account so far. Maybe just not noticed.

I also can understand Netflix. License costs are different in each country, as are the target groups. Other countries, other interests.

Just take a VPN and use your account in your favorite country. Problem solved. :)
(07-21-2019, 01:38 PM)devel Wrote: Two years ago, i used Amazon Prime for a few month. Okay, but I prefer Netflix.

Last year I was on in Turkey for holidays where I created a Netflix account out of sheer boredom (bad weather). They still book the fees in Turkish Lira, so I can not complain. Good exchange rate.

As I know myself, I also will be one of the first with a Disney streaming subscription... Marvel, Yoda, etc.

(07-27-2018, 09:06 AM)Genesis Wrote: What I hate about Netflix is the fact they're completely regional. In other words if one subscribes from South Africa one gets a different collection of movies than say in the UK.

I heard about, but can't confirm. Netflix from turkey, no difference to a german account so far. Maybe just not noticed.

I also can understand Netflix. License costs are different in each country, as are the target groups. Other countries, other interests.

Just take a VPN and use your account in your favorite country. Problem solved. :)
Doesn't Netflix ban people who use VPNs though? I don't have Netflix, so it's just what I've heard.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]

God... I didn't know that. Thanks for enlightening me on this one. I was just planning to subscribe. Why would they do that? This is weird and crazy. After all, when a user is paying for a subscription, he/she should be the one to decide what to watch and what not.
(08-30-2019, 05:24 PM)yasiraman Wrote:
God... I didn't know that. Thanks for enlightening me on this one. I was just planning to subscribe. Why would they do that? This is weird and crazy. After all, when a user is paying for a subscription, he/she should be the one to decide what to watch and what not.

I'm guessing licensing agreements... The same reason why I can't buy most Japanese ebooks from Amazon.com & had to make an account on Amazon.co.jp while using a proxy, and then download an old version of the Kindle software as well as a plugin for Calibre (ebook management software) to strip the DRM from the ebooks so I can use them on my Kindle, which is tied to my US Amazon account. Honestly I just really dislike all these silly regional licensing agreements. Sad In this age of high speed internet you would think people would be able to read and watch what they like, no matter what country they live in, but things just don't work that way.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yozora's post:
  • yasiraman
(08-30-2019, 09:37 PM)Yozora Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 05:24 PM)yasiraman Wrote:

I'm guessing licensing agreements... The same reason why I can't buy most Japanese ebooks from Amazon.com & had to make an account on Amazon.co.jp while using a proxy, and then download an old version of the Kindle software as well as a plugin for Calibre (ebook management software) to strip the DRM from the ebooks so I can use them on my Kindle, which is tied to my US Amazon account. Honestly I just really dislike all these silly regional licensing agreements. Sad In this age of high speed internet you would think people would be able to read and watch what they like, no matter what country they live in, but things just don't work that way.
I don't disagree with you at all, but all end users of these products have a choice. If 100m subscribers cancelled Netflix and wrote them indicating regional licensing as the reason for leaving, they might change their policies. As long as people are willing to buy what big business is selling, big business has no reason to change.

I am happy enough to watch cloud formations or bugs crawling on the ground or trees swaying in the wind, and therefore have no cable nor streaming service nor digital tv tuner: I just look at what's in front of me; but I'm only a very small fish in a very big sea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fitkoh's post:
  • Genesis
I feel Netflix is still worth the monthly subscription compared to other paid for services.

Only wish the content wasn't restricted geographically...
(07-21-2018, 06:37 AM)rave Wrote: hello

do u anyone of you spends real money on netflix? 

i dont spend money on watching this all sites.

I started the free month and got addicted.. The have got real good original content catalogue.
I wouldn't pay for it myself but I watch movies on Netflix from time to time because it's available in my household. I don't think I've watched anything marked "Netflix". I don't really like when service like this promote their own content, similar to how I don't like search engines to promote their own services above all other sites.
I too feel that Netflix is bringing a very good value/cost of service ratio. They have a lot of very interesting documentaries, original series, original movies now and overall a great source of entertainment. With all these bundles available nowadays you can get a very good deal. I've been with them for several years now and I feel like it's only gotten better.
Yeah, Netflix is a nice deal.  Especially right now when we're all hiding inside?  Totally helps to have some awesome stuff to watch.

A couple weeks ago Tiger King was a worldwide phenom.  I heard they're working on a new episode that follows up with a bunch of people on that show.
Yes. Sometimes netflix is useful. Although most of the times i struggle with the searching time in good content. It's actually really exhausting to search for the content rather than watching the content on netflix.
I've stuck with Netflix for Star Trek and a bunch of other things. They are great value per watch, but can be annoying when they don't buy in the next season until it becomes cheap, often years later. And while there's lots of variety, I think the BBC's science documentaries are better. I keep thinking I might cancel Netflix, if I don't really want it anymore, but three years later that day has yet to come!
I love to watch Netflix. Love some of the series like Arrow, Shadowhunters. Also great to have a lot of choice of movies, but to be honest it's not so easy to find a movie. The once you want aren't on and to find another movie which might be good... There are better ways in my mind to find a movie. The proposed movies/series aren't always those which I would love, but overal it's a great way to pass time and money well spent.

The Old Guard on the other hand I haven't spotted yet, so no idea on what it is and how good/bad it might be :)
(10-14-2020, 01:09 PM)tdbke Wrote: I love to watch Netflix. Love some of the series like Arrow, Shadowhunters. Also great to have a lot of choice of movies, but to be honest it's not so easy to find a movie. The once you want aren't on and to find another movie which might be good... There are better ways in my mind to find a movie. The proposed movies/series aren't always those which I would love, but overal it's a great way to pass time and money well spent.

The Old Guard on the other hand I haven't spotted yet, so no idea on what it is and how good/bad it might be :)

I agree with you @tdbke All of these media groups who have so many movies to offer you, one ends up spending hours and hours of searches, and not always finding really good movies. I have a half share in a local cable account, and one of its perks is a library of "catch up" movies and TV series. I have to have lots of time available to check through them, which I do maybe once a month or once every second month. And I don't always find something really good in it. But yes, I probably should be happy that it is available.
  • tdbke
I think it's natural for people to pay for pay TV like Netflix.
Because in it there is a lot of content and some exclusive content and of course it costs money for it