Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Domain from OVH

[Solved]
Hi,

I have a problem, I have pointed out domain (I am not the proper owner of it) from OVH to Gigarocket, however it does not work at all. The ns servers are propagated, but it still points out to ovh, this is freaking nightmare.

OVH is not helping at all about it, If I was the owner, I would call, but you know...

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
[Solved]
You know that it could take up to 72 hours right?
[Solved]
(08-14-2018, 01:27 PM)Sander k Wrote: You know that it could take up to 72 hours right?

Nope, but thanks for sharing. Other domain hosts are way quicker, just OVH is odd.

[Solved]
@GigaGreg I'm curious. How does the domain work? Like I don't understand - is this a special domain service if you're not the owner of the domain?

And how does the DNS work - like do you have the power to change name servers?
[Solved]
Yea everything works now. Like Sander k said, I had to wait a little bit longer, which is weird, because in the first place I had to wait 48 hours for the dns to propagate and then another couple of hours for the dns to update.

There is no special domain service, just OVH is special itself. I did setup domain for my friend.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GigaGreg's post:
  • Sander k
[Solved]
Marked as solved.

Feel free to open a new topic if you have any questions, issues, suggestions or feedback