Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

error after updating to 5.0

[Not Solved]
cPanel Username: rockforl

URL: www.aconcertforanna.com

Detailed Description: 
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/rockforl/public_html/aconcertforanna.com/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/app/view/admin/calendar-feeds.php on line 112

Additional Information
happens when I try to go to the dashboard
[Not Solved]
sorry, wordpress 5.0
[Not Solved]
Advice from @un4saken for how to increase the memory is to work with the MultiPHP INI Editor in your cpanel (look under the software section).

I suspect you may have issues because of the way your theme works with the new Gutenberg editor that was added to the 5.0 WP upgrade. Could be that some of your plugins are conflicting with the Gutenberg Editor. WordPress warned that this could happen and recommended that those with more complicated themes test the upgrade first before they loaded it. If the above memory suggestion of @Un4saken's doesn't work out for you, I suggest that you find a way to revert to the previous version of WordPress. And then test the new upgrade first to find out where the conflicts are.

I personally didn't have a problem with the upgrade (as far as I can see - haven't checked all of my WordPress sites yet) - but then my plugins and themes are very simple. I'd done some research on the Gutenberg Editor previously (Yozora also posted about this in September) and decided I'm not going to use it. WordPress has a Classic Editor Plugin that one can load which will revert the WordPress editor back to the classic one. Maybe when you test the new Upgrade on a previous version of your Website you could load the Classic Editor Plugin first and see whether that takes care of the problem. Otherwise I suggest you check in at the WordPress Forum and ask them for advice there. Hopefully none of this will be necessary when you have fixed the memory limit. I'm just pointing out what the obstacles could potentially be if the memory limit solution didn't solve the problem.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • un4saken
[Not Solved]
Are you able to log in to the wordpress admin panel?
[Not Solved]
(12-08-2018, 03:57 PM)binil Wrote: Are you able to log in to the wordpress admin panel?
Probably not - this is what he said:

rockforlife Wrote:happens when I try to go to the dashboard

[Not Solved]
Using the Fie Manager in CPanel or using FTP, rename the folder "all-in-one-event-calendar" in the plugins directory to something like "all-in-one-event-calendar-2".

This will disable the plugin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes binil's post:
  • Genesis
[Not Solved]
ok I renamed the plugin folder and I'm in...I also got this e-mail about the ssl:
 DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.rockforlife.gigapages.net” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=iaBXi19vsJHCnIPjMuWWeg0PewJQmM_GChcXrvCI23VlVT90nQUGqx7mxKjOfEUs”.; HTTP DCV: “aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
 www.aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net (checked on Dec 16, 2018 at 9:29:03 PM UTC)DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.rockforlife.gigapages.net” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=iaBXi19vsJHCnIPjMuWWeg0PewJQmM_GChcXrvCI23VlVT90nQUGqx7mxKjOfEUs”.; HTTP DCV: “www.aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
[Not Solved]
When did these errors start? What do these errors relate to? What were you doing at the time the errors came up?

[Not Solved]
(12-17-2018, 01:24 AM)rockforlife Wrote: ok I renamed the plugin folder and I'm in...I also got this e-mail about the ssl:
 DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.rockforlife.gigapages.net” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=iaBXi19vsJHCnIPjMuWWeg0PewJQmM_GChcXrvCI23VlVT90nQUGqx7mxKjOfEUs”.; HTTP DCV: “aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.
 www.aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net (checked on Dec 16, 2018 at 9:29:03 PM UTC)DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.rockforlife.gigapages.net” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=iaBXi19vsJHCnIPjMuWWeg0PewJQmM_GChcXrvCI23VlVT90nQUGqx7mxKjOfEUs”.; HTTP DCV: “www.aconcertforanna.rockforlife.gigapages.net” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.

You may need to check your DNS records and SSL then do the corrections. Did you make any changes earlier?
[Not Solved]
1. I am able to log into the admin panel now that I renamed the calendar folder.

2. Was e-mailed to me saying that my ssl did not auto renew. I do not know why it didn't auto renew. I don't understand what the errors mean. I didn't change anything with the dns.
[Not Solved]
I don't think there is any SSL issues. Your site seems to be working well with SSL. I think that the errors were due to the subdomains that were created.
[Not Solved]
(12-17-2018, 06:34 PM)rockforlife Wrote: 1. I am able to log into the admin panel now that I renamed the calendar folder.

2. Was e-mailed to me saying that my ssl did not auto renew. I do not know why it didn't auto renew. I don't understand what the errors mean. I didn't change anything with the dns.

You are on auto renew, however there could be an issue with the domains not pointing to cpanel. Can you check the name servers please. They should be:

ns1.gigasite.co.uk
ns2.gigasite.co.uk

You need to change the name servers for all of the domains including the sub-domains in your DNS settings.

[Not Solved]
I've also submitted this support request to @un4saken to check it out.

[Not Solved]
Still having problems?
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests - Use Support Section.
Don't forget to read TOS.
Never argue with idiots.
First, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with their experience!
[Not Solved]
Is it safer now to update to wordpress 5 since is currently on version 5.0.3 or still giving problems with current themes and plugins? I saw someone saying to not update at least on the first release because plugins such divi, elementor and others were not yet prepared.

Anyone got in troubles for updating on this new release or in this one is pretty much good and stable to give it a try?
[Not Solved]
(01-29-2019, 08:01 PM)Kreesher Wrote: Is it safer now to update to wordpress 5 since is currently on version 5.0.3 or still giving problems with current themes and plugins? I saw someone saying to not update at least on the first release because plugins such divi, elementor and others were not yet prepared.

Anyone got in troubles for updating on this new release or in this one is pretty much good and stable to give it a try?

I don't think they will take out Guttenberg. So unless you are installing with the Classic Editor plugin, you will find some issues with plugins and themes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes binil's post:
  • Kreesher
[Not Solved]
(01-29-2019, 08:01 PM)Kreesher Wrote: Is it safer now to update to wordpress 5 since is currently on version 5.0.3 or still giving problems with current themes and plugins? I saw someone saying to not update at least on the first release because plugins such divi, elementor and others were not yet prepared.

Just install the Classic Editor Plugin before you upgrade. The Classic Editor plugin that was created by the developers of WP and Gutenberg automatically turns the Gutenberg Editor off when you upgrade to 5.0 and plus. Makes sense that the WP Developers would have created things such that one can have a toggle "on" or "off". The Classic Editor is set up to work like that. Even if Gutenberg Editor is enabled, one can still elect when one creates posts or pages to turn Gutenberg off, but for safety I'd just install the Classic Editor Plugin before you upgrade to WP 5.0. I played a little with the Gutenberg, but find it wastes my time particularly searching for where the tools are. They are all over the show playing hide and seek. So Classic Editor is turned "on" in all of my WP sites and likely to stay like that for a long while. Tongue

• Kreesher
[Not Solved]
(02-03-2019, 10:45 AM)Genesis Wrote: Just install the Classic Editor Plugin before you upgrade. The Classic Editor plugin that was created by the developers of WP and Gutenberg automatically turns the Gutenberg Editor off when you upgrade to 5.0 and plus.

Thanks, I still am on 4.9 since I am a bit afraid on some of the plugins and themes have an issue.. and wanted to wait a bit more to be sure everyone say it is stable. My main problem is not the editor if we have to learn gutenberg be it. Is more the incompatibility of the rest..

First I will be wait for a good feedback and them test a bit Gutenberg if it is good too learn great if not I will install the classic editor as well. Gutenberg as a plugin had and still have a reallly poor rating so I don't know who was the guy that thought... 'well since the plugin have really poor rating and adoption lets roll out in the next upgrade  Rofl

But has everyone say we learn more with the mistakes than the right things..hope wordpress is learn one thing or two with this 5.0 update..
[Not Solved]
(02-03-2019, 11:35 PM)Kreesher Wrote: But has everyone say we learn more with the mistakes than the right things..hope wordpress is learn one thing or two with this 5.0 update..
You're right to be concerned. If you have plugins where you're worried about compatibility you need to check them out first. My Websites use the minimum of plugins and very simple ones that don't have anything to do with editing. You probably need to check themes out as well - particularly the ones that have editing features to them. So if you have any thought about the possibility of incompatibility, maybe your concerns are very valid, and better to test on a copy before you go for the real thing, to save frustration in the end.

How I would do it is get a free domain from freenom, add it to your hosting account, then load your last duplicator backup on a test WP site. Turn off all plugins. Then do the upgrade. See whether the theme is OK with the upgrade. Then load the plugins one by one. If everything works, then you're OK.

• Kreesher
[Not Solved]
(02-04-2019, 06:01 AM)Genesis Wrote: How I would do it is get a free domain from freenom, add it to your hosting account, then load your last duplicator backup on a test WP site. Turn off all plugins. Then do the upgrade. See whether the theme is OK with the upgrade. Then load the plugins one by one. If everything works, then you're OK.

Thanks Genesis, I will do that. Just trying to have a bit more time and when it's crucial to do the jump to 5.0, than I will make sure to it in a separate domain to test it out first and make sure each plugin are compatible and if not try to find an alternative.

For now I am still in 4.9 since there are no major news about poor security or that 5.0 provide a much bigger difference on that. If it was a threat and 4.9 was compromise yet. I wouldn't think twice until there I will test and make the change with time. Maybe on 5.1 with the platform more stable.
[Not Solved]
True. I heard there were some security updates in 5.0 but you're right, didn't sound as though it was threatening. It's more about the Gutenberg change.

Wonder how many people like you are avoiding the upgrade. Going to be interesting.