Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Giga VPS discontinued!

The owner of Gigarocket regrettably advises Giga's VPS has been discontinued with immediate effect. Lack of sufficient interest and shortage of funds have been cited for the reason. If you are interested in posting for a free VPS we can recommend post4vps.com.

Our very high standard cpanel shared hosting will continue as normal. In order to get a free cpanel hosting account you need to make 10 quality posts on a one-time basis only. If you want to post for a shared hosting account, please read our Guidelines for Quality posts before you do, as short one-liner spam posts will be disapproved and/or deleted from the Forum.

The specs for the shared hosting accounts are very generous:

5000 MB Disk space
50000 MB Monthly Bandwidth
10 Mysql Databases
10 FTP Accounts
25 POP3 Email Accounts

[-] The following 4 users Like Genesis's post:
  • betw, droster, mohammad6012, ValleyDesign
This is kind of sad. Even though I don't need a VPS right now, I was sure that there would have been people who are interested in getting this. 

Having said this, I would suggest that you change your requirements for free cpanel hosting. Make it so that users need to have atleast 12 quality posts per year to maintain their free hosting. This shouldn't be hard for almost all users.
[-] The following 3 users Like binil's post:
  • droster, Imrulho, mohammad6012
(04-16-2019, 06:57 AM)binil Wrote: This is kind of sad. Even though I don't need a VPS right now, I was sure that there would have been people who are interested in getting this. 

Having said this, I would suggest that you change your requirements for free cpanel hosting. Make it so that users need to have atleast 12 quality posts per year to maintain their free hosting. This shouldn't be hard for almost all users.
Excellent idea @binil. I'll put it to DJB and Un4saken. Good

Damn... Would have loved to try it but oh well!
(04-16-2019, 06:57 AM)binil Wrote: Make it so that users need to have atleast 12 quality posts per year to maintain their free hosting. This shouldn't be hard for almost all users.

The problem is not the quantity per year but the quality of those posts. So I think there has to be a brainstorm and even creation of some engagement mechanism to make that happen naturally. For example more daily polls on important tech and daily subjects to be counted as well and reward with badges or another kind of collectibles from the Giga points you have and not just the amount of posts you make. 

I see a lot of new people, for example, spam over and over and one line posts, that should make you realize that counting just the number of posts you have is misleading. Engage people with something they can collect and use the points and participation they do to inspire new people to follow would be an important idea to also be considered.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kreesher's post:
  • droster, Genesis
More like having them post at least on a fully watch topic so If it's a one liner it will will be flagged,but that will take it towards a manual process which will instead drive a lot of people out. But something similar will do.
Just saying hope it helps
Really interesting, i'm new here and i wanna try the shared hosting you provides here and test it and give share my review, really sad about the decision for leaving the VPS hosting, but its okay post4vps.com got the solution, wish the best & success for yall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alonzo's post:
  • Genesis
I think that the moderators and admins here already manually check the quality of the posts before the free hosting accounts are allotted. It could be tough to check the quality of the posts continuously throughout the year. May be some automation might be needed.
(05-24-2019, 11:16 AM)deje Wrote: Does this also include the 10 Posting Host?

No, this is only related to the VPS service they used to provide. If you want a free host that is still going on and you just need to write 10 quality posts.

Just a small tip when they mention 'quality posts' this includes posts that add some value to the thread and the discussion, so try to really explain your comments and ideas and never wrote only one sentence or one line replies.

Good
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kreesher's post:
  • Genesis