Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

You got a nerve

After so many years I was listening to that song "You got a nerve" by Rod Stewart. Oh, boy! What a mood I found myself in once again. Is there anybody out there having memories with that song?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Franz's post:
  • Genesis
Thank you, Genesis!
Here’s one more from good old Rod Stewart: "Ghetto Blaster".
Please check its lyrics, if you don't know it yet!
One of the most stirring, but totally different kind of protest songs.
“This song ain't meant to be pretty, It ain't meant to make you dance…..
(but it does, actually)
Never was a fan of the old Rod, each to their own.
I like the older songs of "Rod the Mod" from the 70's and early 80's.
But what I really love is the festive concert "Christmas Live at Stirling Castle"
from 2012. I watch it every december.
I think Neil Diamond concert performances far surpasses Rod Stewart.
@buzzawak, I think we are opposites in music.
I respect Neil Diamond as a great musician, but I never liked his songs.

As you wrote above:
(04-15-2019, 08:01 AM)buzzawak Wrote: ...each to their own.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vector's post:
  • Franz, Genesis
I'm with Vector on this one - Neil Diamond has a great personality and is more than a musician - almost like a royal statesman - I've never been into his music though. Rod Stewart earlier music - like the golden oldies had more resonance for me, but only because I once saw him at a live performance, and that guy does have charisma and an abundance of energy. He just made that music come alive much more. Listening to that music today, make me remember those days, but I think I'm not as much into it today as I used to be a few years back. Music that stays with me much longer are classic artists like Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, like I still am into heavy metal much. Even current ones like Apocalyptica with a great song writer like Eicca Toppinen. So much more music technology has happened off late - some plastic - but some come from a very great discipline of classic studies and a real gift for music. I like the ones with that kind of substance.

(04-16-2019, 08:17 PM)Genesis Wrote: I'm with Vector on this one - Neil Diamond has a great personality and is more than a musician - almost like a royal statesman - I've never been into his music though. Rod Stewart earlier music - like the golden oldies had more resonance for me, but only because I once saw him at a live performance, and that guy does have charisma and an abundance of energy. He just made that music come alive much more. Listening to that music today, make me remember those days, but I think I'm not as much into it today as I used to be a few years back. Music that stays with me much longer are classic artists like Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, like I still am into heavy metal much. Even current ones like Apocalyptica with a great song writer like Eicca Toppinen. So much more music technology has happened off late - some plastic - but some come from a very great discipline of classic studies and a real gift for music. I like the ones with that kind of substance.

What about this one?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Franz's post:
  • Genesis
That was pleasant