Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

password manager trend

password managers, like 1password, Blur, StickyPassword, PasswordBoss, Lastpass etc, are more common these days, but I am doing the opposite lol, what about you, are you putting all your eggs in one basket, and why do you do so?
I'm trying to use different credentials for each account, so I'm using Keepass with a Yubikey
for managing my passwords since many years, because I prefer to store the database with my
credentials locally and not in the cloud.

Currently I'm testing Enpass for less important passwords, to see how it works.
(04-29-2019, 02:26 PM)cyber365strategy Wrote: password managers, like 1password, Blur, StickyPassword, PasswordBoss, Lastpass etc, are more common these days, but I am doing the opposite lol, what about you, are you putting all your eggs in one basket, and why do you do so?

What's your setup then? When you doing opposite, are you saying you are selectively storing few passwords on one service and other passwords on other service? Or are you using automation to store it across all service and changing passwords across all automatically?
The best secure place for password is your head. Rolleyes
You can use good trick for differentiation of them - 1 constant part + different part based on site name.
For example, 999SUGARROCKET, 999SUGARGMAIL, 999SUGARTWITTER
(06-04-2019, 08:29 AM)Buzzy Wrote: The best secure place for password is your head.

If you are lucky to have good health and never get an Alzheimer disease or others that cripple that beautiful memory and head you still have.

The day you feel that head having a burnout or too many things happening at the same time give password managers a try. You will see the advantages.

I am sure you can remember a small number of passwords now I don't put that in question, but you can never create a safer and more complex password than a password manager generators allow and on top of that they also check all your passwords to make sure there are no leaks or any of them are in a hacker password database being used or compromised.
(06-08-2019, 02:57 PM)Kreesher Wrote: If you are lucky to have good health and never get an Alzheimer disease...

Alzheimer disease also leads to forget which password manager you use. Crazy
(06-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Buzzy Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 02:57 PM)Kreesher Wrote: If you are lucky to have good health and never get an Alzheimer disease...

Alzheimer disease has good long term memory and poor short term memory. So possibly one would remember all of the old passwords, but forget where the computer is.

(06-17-2019, 04:12 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:00 PM)Buzzy Wrote:

Alzheimer disease has good long term memory and poor short term memory. So possibly one would remember all of the old passwords, but forget where the computer is. 
OOF, never knew that.. I always thought it is the opposite  Confused

By the way, I don't trust the password managers anymore since I've used a password generator (written by me in Python) and generated a 1600-long password with numbers, letters (upper and lower cases), and special characters. Then I've changed my Minecraft's password to that random generated password, and I've saved it into my LastPass account. And after like 1 month, my Minecraft account has been hacked.

I never shared my LastPass master password or my Minecraft account's password with anyone. Also my LastPass's master password is 30 characters long with letters, numbers, and special characters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mariolatif741's post:
  • Genesis