Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

403 Forbidden

Minor problem, usually occurs after an upgrade.

file: http://rrroberts.gigapages.net/missle.inc
Pascal Include file, often confused for PHP include file.

When click on link for file, receive message
"ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /missle.inc on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
As always, Thank you for your assistance.

Rodney Roberts
Does the problem happen after an upgrade of Pascal?

Not sure how we can solve this for you if it is a Pascal problem. All of the tools are available in cPanel for you to check out different versions of php. Maybe you could check which php your Website was created in when you first started using Pascal. Maybe you need to use an earlier version of php. I'd like to take a guess that your Website may have been created with php 5.6 and we're into php 7.2. If you check cpanel there is a way how you can change the php version - anything from 5.6 (I think) to 7.2. See if changing the php version to an earlier version may fix the problem.

(05-16-2019, 02:51 AM)Genesis Wrote: Does the problem happen after an upgrade of Pascal?

Not sure how we can solve this for you if it is a Pascal problem. All of the tools are available in cPanel for you to check out different versions of php. Maybe you could check which php your Website was created in when you first started using Pascal. Maybe you need to use an earlier version of php. I'd like to take a guess that your Website may have been created with php 5.6 and we're into php 7.2. If you check cpanel there is a way how you can change the php version - anything from 5.6 (I think) to 7.2. See if changing the php version to an earlier version may fix the problem.
My apologies, I may not have been sufficiently clear.

missle.inc is a FPC Pascal include file that can be downloaded from my web pages on GigaRocket (I'm not doing anything fancy w/ web pages, just plain old HTML; my web pages are programming tutorials for calculating rocket center of pressure and other topics, and contains downloadable FORTRAN, Lazarus, Pascal source files).  The GigaRocket server s/w mistakenly assumes it's a PHP include file due to its extension; it is NOT a PHP include file (this is probably where I confused you).

Usually after the server s/w is upgraded, clicking on the link produces a 403 error (I'm guessing it's a security feature to prevent a visitor from downloading a site's PHP files).  At which point, I make a support request to allow access permission for missle.inc.

web site: http://rrroberts.gigapages.net/
file: http://rrroberts.gigapages.net/missle.inc

When a user clicks on the missle.inc link to open the file, the following error occurs:ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /missle.inc on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I admit that if I had kept more up to date w/ GigaRocket Forums, this minor problem could have been detected sooner.

Does this help?
Thanks
OK got it thanks very much for the detailed info @rrroberts. I have a better understanding and have asked @un4saken for his technical help.

Hey there,
Sorry for the late reply. Been super busy.

URL file extension was restricted by mod_security policy and i whitelisted it for your domains. It should work now.

Drinks
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests - Use Support Section.
Don't forget to read TOS.
Never argue with idiots.
First, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with their experience!
[-] The following 2 users Like un4saken's post:
  • Genesis, rrroberts
(05-20-2019, 07:16 PM)un4saken Wrote: Hey there,
Sorry for the late reply. Been super busy.

URL file extension was restricted by mod_security policy and i whitelisted it for your domains. It should work now.

Drinks
Verified, it works Smile
Thank you.  Can understand being busy, been rather hectic myself lately.