Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem setting up a wordpress staging site

[Solved]
I decided to have a goes using a staging site for wordpress instead of doing stuff as a localhost and then uploading it.

So I have make a subdomain.
creating a staging site using the "one click" option provided by softaculous and everything goes as expected.

I get the follow error when trying to access the site.
You don't have permission to access /staging/wp-admin/ on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have looked at .htaccess in the staging root folder and it looks to be pointing to the right place.

Unsure what to check next ?
Code:

[Solved]
Hi @buzzawak. Have moved the thread to the Webhosting Support thread for support.

I'm an enthusiastic user of WordPress and haven't tried what you have tried before - it definitely has me curious. Looks like a permissions thing and have a feeling that possibly our server has not been set up for it (if I have it right).

I'll ask our head technical admin - @un4saken - whether he can set it up with permissions (if I have guessed it right).

Cheers. :)

[Solved]
Got it solved, It didn't like me using a subdomain for the staging site even tho the permissions on the folders and files were the same.

All good thanks.
[Solved]
Great stuff @buzzawak. Glad you got it sorted out. Good