Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where can I get a cheap domain?

There are websites you can sign up to, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, where you can sign up to hosting at say £2.99 a month and get a free domain for 1 or 2 years depending on the type. The hosting is not in a contract so you cancel immediately afterwards but keep the domain and then update your NS to your free hosting, boom.
If you need to get a domain and hosting I always look for someplace that has it's own deal where one or the other is included! Otherwise you pay twice when you don;t really need to!
the gandi.net can support you a chea domain
I suggest you check out from time to time the coupon availability for domain registrations from GoDaddy. Usually they offer less than a $1 for domain registration (.com domains often).
Here : https://in.godaddy.com/

Sometimes they give free coupons which can give you alot of .net or .com domains.I got 2 .net domains from it for free
For .com, I use 1&1 because right now it's going at 0.18 & for others domain extensions, Domain.com is good with coupons.
.tk .ml .ga .cf .gq Freenom.com here can be a domain for a year free of charge to register but the truth then the price is not very relevant))
As Freenom now manages the dot.tk domains, the same rules apply (as mentioned before). Easy to set-up and use, but if your domain gets popular, you might lose it or have to pay in order to keep the name.

I have 4 domains registered at Freenom, never had real problems with it. Customer service was good the time I used it. My question was answered within one hour.
I'm a happy dot.tk user myself, however haven't tried their paid domain service yet. What I found humorous though the other day was that Malwarebytes blocked dot.tk. What was even more annoying was that although one could create an exception, it continued to block the dot.tk language sub-domain with no possibility of creating exceptions for the sub-domains. Now if I have to make a choice between Malwarebytes and dot.tk, for me there is no choice, Malwarebytes has to go. Malwarebytes got lucky though as I found a way to disable it when I want to access my freenom account.

I'm still wondering though. Why would Malwarebytes block dot.tk? Got to be something in their security script that doesn't gel with dot.tk?
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph...e-blocked/
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph...320698165/

Looks like it's happened to other users too, but Malwarebytes says they aren't blocking it. Hmm...
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
Thanks for checking Yozora. It is still blocking dot.tk. However I now spontaneously disable Malwarebytes before I access dot.tk. I'll definitely not renew my subscription at the end of the period. Much too intrusive and controlling.
Could someone please recommend a domain register with cheap renew as well, a lot of them just offer cheap price for the first year :-)
(11-24-2015, 08:42 AM)applelover Wrote: Could someone please recommend a domain register with cheap renew as well, a lot of them just offer cheap price for the first year :-)
Sorry but you can't have a cheap renew. It is nearly impossible. It is easier and cheaper to buy a domain for 5 years than renewing it every year.

sent via tapatalk

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
for cheap domain names I always use the https://www.namecheap.com/ believe to be the best, have the best price and the service is of great quality, and the registration is fast
at this time basicaly all domains are from 99ct per m
whonami.com its perfect Spiteful
(11-24-2015, 08:42 AM)applelover Wrote: Could someone please recommend a domain register with cheap renew as well, a lot of them just offer cheap price for the first year :-)

You could check renewal prices beforme buying a domain name. Here are some of my monst-used domain registrars: 
I got my Domain at OVH. it´s a good Quality Provider for a good prize. I got my .de Domain for only 3,75€ a year with Email etc etc. 

They have many Payment Options. For Example PayPal, debit and transfer from your Bankaccount
Very nice finding @pinsipans
For .de domains do you need yo be a Germany resident and provide some proof of residency?
(06-25-2016, 06:30 PM)kentwiggins Wrote: Very nice finding @pinsipans
For .de domains do you need yo be a Germany resident and provide some proof of residency?

I dont think so. You just check if the Domain you want is still available and buy it.
Do not buy a domain for free, cheaply it can get a domain for example Goddady, for which I am satisfied. if you are looking for a very cheap domain and search domain .xyz, can be bought for 1 USD
I will always use Namesilo.com as it gives free Who Is protection forever, not just for one year. It's just not worth getting domains without protection as you don't want your personal information out there on the internet.
I bought a domain a few months ago from Namesilo, they were the cheapest for a .net domais with privay. 1and1 also have good prices for net domains.
Namecheap.com is the one I recommend. I've been using it for months and had no issues at all. Their customer support is top-notch and always reply to me in a matter of seconds. I also recommend using namecheap for domain purposes.
So, namecheap and namesilo are often mentioned in this thread, and when you look at their websites it does indeed look good.

But what i'm wondering is, what will be the cheapest on long term? like when i want to renew the website for several years. For example namecheap will give you an xyz domain for 0,78 euro's, but it also mentiones that the regular price is 8,71 euro per year. 

Is the 78 cents just to get you to register, and when you're using the domain and don't want to loose it you'll have to pay 8,71 per year?
Yep, second year is $8.71.
Many registrars offer you a discount for the first year to catch you on a long term, but for me on .com's namecheap is the best for renewals, great prices.
If you buy the domain an you're not satisfied with the price of renewal, you can always transfer it to another registrar with cheaper prices, at least thats it for popular extensions, don't know anything about .xyz, but I saw on some registrars that the don't allow transfers on some new tlds.
I felt quite happy with myself when I purchased a really cheap domain from namecheap yesterday. It's marked as .88C, however of course there are some charge that applies and the total came to 1.06$. What made it a good deal for me though is that the WhoIsGuard Privacy option is free. Previously it was an extra charge on the very low cost domains.
(08-25-2016, 10:26 AM)Genesis Wrote: I felt quite happy with myself when I purchased a really cheap domain from namecheap yesterday. It's marked as .88C, however of course there are some charge that applies and the total came to 1.06$. What made it a good deal for me though is that the WhoIsGuard Privacy option is free. Previously it was an extra charge on the very low cost domains.

I assume you got the domain for a year now? But can you see how much it will cost to renew the domain next year? Because i might be looking for a long term domain if i continue to pay 1,06 dollars each year, but not if the price goes up after a year.
You can find all namecheap prices, also for renewals, right here: https://www.namecheap.com/domains.aspx
* Select "Pricing" tab and wait about 1-2 minutes untill the page loads up, it's quiet large.
1and1 having a offer, you can buy cheap domain in it