Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where can I get a cheap domain?

(06-14-2017, 05:33 PM)SirGame Wrote: you can get domains for free @http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en
for beginners it is a good option to get started with your first project and later you can otherwise buy a domain like .com or something like that.
That is owned by Freenom now; when you register a *.tk domain, you get redirected to Freenom (I saw that with 2 domains I got) and every *.tk domains you get is managed from inside Freenom's control panel. Not saying it's a bad thing, simply Dot.tk was acquired by Freenom and the old site is only a shell.
You can purchase a domain using NameSilo or Crazy Domains, they are the cheapest out there. Get a prepaid debit card if you don't have a credit card.
(07-10-2017, 11:00 AM)pakyinsun Wrote: You can purchase a domain using NameSilo or Crazy Domains, they are the cheapest out there. Get a prepaid debit card if you don't have a credit card.
I have checked NameSilo several times, and their prices are no cheaper than Namecheap and Name.com - and I never saw any special offers or deals from them; CrazyDomains asks £16.00 for a *.com domain....that's more than $18 USD, double than Namecheap and Name.com's price!

This sounds like an affiliate post - suspicion made stronger by other posts exactly like this one.
(07-10-2017, 08:50 PM)sashalusa Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 11:00 AM)pakyinsun Wrote: You can purchase a domain using NameSilo or Crazy Domains, they are the cheapest out there. Get a prepaid debit card if you don't have a credit card.
I have checked NameSilo several times, and their prices are no cheaper than Namecheap and Name.com - and I never saw any special offers or deals from them; CrazyDomains asks £16.00 for a *.com domain....that's more than $18 USD, double than Namecheap and Name.com's price!

This sounds like an affiliate post - suspicion made stronger by other posts exactly like this one.
I Disagree @sashalusa. Check http://domainsbot.com/ on any names you choose, and yes, sometimes NameSilo is more expensive than Namecheap, but I've found with certain names it is cheaper. What I recommend anyone doing is to check all of the prices every time one purchases a domain as the price package varies from Registrar to Registrar. If you check domainsbot.com, it not only gives you all of the best prices, but also the coupons that are available. Namecheap by the way has been my go to Registrar for many years, but lately I've come to the conclusion that this may not necessarily be a good thing, like diversification of Registrars is probably a better idea.
I just bought omgskulls.com from GoDaddy for £0.99 and with the VAT TAX it was £1.39 for 1 years registration!  Tease
See the Attached Invoice Biggrin 

convct
Diablo 
[Image: userbar.png]
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
I was referring mainly to CrazyDomains, which is in no way cheaper than Namecheap.

(07-11-2017, 12:54 AM)Genesis Wrote: [....] diversification of Registrars is probably a better idea.
And that's is why I've been using 5 different registrars for years.
If you lookup 1&1 on Google, they offer $1 .org domains for the 1st year and that really goes a long way. After the 1st year you can just get another domain or just pay the full price which is only like $5 I believe.
(07-17-2018, 08:51 AM)Dragonix12 Wrote: If you lookup 1&1 on Google, they offer $1 .org domains for the 1st year and that really goes a long way. After the 1st year you can just get another domain or just pay the full price which is only like $5 I believe.
The full price is three times that amount (for a .com, the others tlds are even more expensive), but either way 1&1 is a sh*tty registrar who use very shady tactics....and should be avoided like bubonic plague.
Better go with Namecheap, Dynadot or Name.com.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sashalusa's post:
  • Genesis