(08-07-2019, 04:33 PM)amh Wrote: Hi all,
I have wordpress using dot.tk domain, however recently my domain dead and i cannot renew. I have purchase new domain..
How can i recover all my wordpress posts & stuff?
I need to replace with my new domain.
I suggest the following steps for you to reinstate your old WordPress site - obviously you won't be able to access it with your old domain so you need to get a new one:
1. Get a new domain - another dot.tk would be OK or we can provide you with a sub-domain. You then need to add our name servers below to your new domain. If it is a dot.tk new domain then you need to allow some time for the DNS to propagate first.:
2. Go into cpanel and create an add on domain with your new domain. Make sure that when you create the add on domain and it asks you for the folder name that it is a different name as the one you already have in your File Manager.
3. Then open up your phpMyAdmin in cpanel and edit the database of your old domain. You do this by clicking on your database in the left pane. Then scroll to the "siteurl" and "home" rows and replace all the instances of the old domain name with your new domain name.
4. Then go to your File Manager. In the old domain WordPress files, look for the wp-config.php in the main directory and add the two lines below to it. Since you no longer have access to your domain you can hard-code it to open up with the new domain name by adding the following code to the config file:
define( 'WP_HOME', 'http://example.com' );
define( 'WP_SITEURL', 'http://example.com' );
5. Then next you need to navigate to File Manager again and copy all of the content of WordPress of your old domain and paste it under your new domain in the public folder. So all of the file content of your WP site is now under the new domain.
6. Now try to get into your newdomain.tk/wp-admin and see whether it works. You'll obviously be using your old password to get in. If you have forgotten the password, you need to go back to the Database with phpMyAmin and check for the "User" row. Here are steps I found how you can change the password in phpmyadmin:
7. If it works, FIRST THING you need to do is when you're in WordPress Admin is to go into the "General" section of your settings and change the URL and domain information to your new domain. Then SAVE those settings twice.
If it works, you can then remove the old domain from the add on domains and delete the old domain folder in File manager.