Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Unsure of how to use database with external php page

[Not Solved]
This is interesting. He was actually looking for the "MySQL hostname" value to key inside the connecting PHP code.

BTW the value posted: hero.gigadnsserver.com:3306(or 3307) doesn't work for me and I'm having a hard time finding the correct one (I know these dam newbies Shock
In other versions of cPanel the value is displayed on the side as shown in the picture below for instance.

If anyone can point me to the right direction it would be really appreciated.

[Image: MySQL.jpg]
[Not Solved]
Moved post to hosting support.

Will ask @un4saken if he can help.

[Not Solved]
Wait a minute. gigadnsserver.com no longer exists.

Can you also try

hero.gigapages.net:3306 (or 3307)

[Not Solved]
the picture doesn't look like it is related to your Gigarocket account.
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests - Use Support Section.
Don't forget to read TOS.
Never argue with idiots.
First, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with their experience!
[Not Solved]
(04-01-2020, 12:37 PM)un4saken Wrote: the picture doesn't look like it is related to your Gigarocket account.

Hi @un4saken Picture is meant as example of how it usually appears (in his experience) and that @FSAVA says is not available in our Gigarocket cpanel. He's asking for the database value.

Could you confirm whether hero.gigapages.net:3306 (or 3307) may work?

[Not Solved]
Thanks for the prompt response!

Yes, the picture was just an example. cPanel installs look different according to version and config and offer different bits of information.

I will try hero.gigapages.net:3306 and report and I'll keep working on the solution.

UPDATED 04/01

Yes! hero.gigapages.net:3306 works to connect external PHP with Gigahost DB  Yahoo

Thanks all for the support!!