Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ghostscript Support

[Not Solved]
Hi

My cPanel Username: sssgp

URL: moodle.sushilharischool.in

Detailed Description: Just wanted to know whether ghostscript is installed on the server which is a requirement for teachers to grade assignments with annotation.

Thanks
gp
[Not Solved]
I doubt ghostscript is loaded @sssgp. I'll ask our Tech Admin if we can load it in WHM.

You probably already noticed moodle can be downloaded with Softaculous? But yes, it requires ImageMagick and ghostscript so ImageMagick can work.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • sssgp
[Not Solved]
Genesis,
Thanks for the quick response. Actually, the Softaculous in cpanel, being a free version, does not allow one to download and install moodle. We had to get it installed ourselves by downloading from Moddle web site. Seems to be working fine. The place where I got stuck was when trying to grade submitted assignments. Moodle requires ghostscript to be installed to interpret adobe pdf files and store it back with the annotations used by the teacher while grading.
Regards
gp
[Not Solved]
(04-06-2020, 08:57 AM)sssgp Wrote: Genesis,
Thanks for the quick response. Actually, the Softaculous in cpanel, being a free version, does not allow one to download and install moodle. We had to get it installed ourselves by downloading from Moddle web site. Seems to be working fine. The place where I got stuck was when trying to grade submitted assignments. Moodle requires ghostscript to be installed to interpret adobe pdf files and store it back with the annotations used by the teacher while grading.
Regards
gp

Aha. I thought we had the full version of Softaculous again when I checked through it. But obviously one only discovers it when one hits the "Install" button. Glad you could get it loaded though.

Hopefully @un4saken can help with the ghostscript.

[Not Solved]
FWIW, the php info does show Imagick entries. May mean gs is installed. But we need to know the path of gs to make entries in corresponding fields in site administration.
gp
[Not Solved]
(04-06-2020, 01:42 PM)sssgp Wrote: FWIW, the php info does show Imagick entries. May mean gs is installed. But we need to know the path of gs to make entries in corresponding fields in site administration.
gp

Yes, you do need ghostscript. What I meant was ghostscript is needed to make ImageMagick work for moodle.

[Not Solved]
@Genesis
Right now we are getting by without annotating online. We can let this rest for now.
Thanks for all the help.
gp
[Not Solved]
(04-09-2020, 01:35 PM)sssgp Wrote: @Genesis
Right now we are getting by without annotating online. We can let this rest for now.
Thanks for all the help.
gp

Glad you could fix it yourself @sssgp. I'll keep this open though in case @un4saken can have a look at it when he has time available.

Jump to the post that solved this thread.