Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An important point in using Freenom

The first domain I got to work on the web was a dot.cf domain, which I unfortunately could not renew after 12 months due to a problem.

On the Freenom website, when you register a domain, your IP is saved, and then if you want to renew it, the system will get your IP again and match it with your previous IP; If both IPs are the same, you will be sent to the next step, otherwise the system will prevent the process from continuing.

People who do not have a static IP like me should definitely pay attention to this issue.

But in general, these free domains are not a good goal to get SEO and have a good ranking in Google and other search engines.

Thanks
Are you certain this has to do with an IP change? I have a dynamic IP as well. I also have issues with getting new Freenom Domains, but for me it has to do with Freenom tying up the location with your Freenom account details. It sometimes takes me 10 tries or more to change the account location details with a VPN before it finally works. So who knows, maybe you could be right too. If I use a VPN and change the account location details to fit with the VPN and Freenom is OK with how the VPN operates, then it could work. Again, that also doesn't necessarily work. One just has to be very determined and keep trying.

This thing about the IP also gets me with Google and other e-mail hosts. I like to clean cookies regularly from Chrome. So when I do that, Google always gets worried about security.
(08-16-2021, 01:09 AM)Genesis Wrote: Are you certain this has to do with an IP change? I have a dynamic IP as well. I also have issues with getting new Freenom Domains, but for me it has to do with Freenom tying up the location with your Freenom account details. It sometimes takes me 10 tries or more to change the account location details with a VPN before it finally works. So who knows, maybe you could be right too. If I use a VPN and change the account location details to fit with the VPN and Freenom is OK with how the VPN operates, then it could work. Again, that also doesn't necessarily work. One just has to be very determined and keep trying.

This thing about the IP also gets me with Google and other e-mail hosts. I like to clean cookies regularly from Chrome. So when I do that, Google always gets worried about security.

In fact, when I first encountered this problem, I did not know what the problem was. So I asked a friend who works in domain purchasing and he told me that he uses static IP himself and has never had a problem and probably had a problem changing my IP.
Another acquaintance of mine who did not have a static IP like me had the same problem.