•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Did You Find Us?

(07-25-2018, 10:10 PM)noahmarshall12 Wrote: Welp.
Found Giga Rocket for the community, and for free VPS! :)
I have a Discord bot (Simon Bot) that is for my Discord server.
I love talking with fellow geeks, and I mean, free VPS is an unbeatable deal!
Please note that we have discontinued offering free VPS servers.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
Power of Mr. Google... Just Google search with the term "free vps server Linux" and the results will be listed by in the top 5 results.

Easy man... No one has to teach someone to find the things if you know the exact jackpot term... ?
I found you again by thinking of our time at freewebspace.net. Visited them, but its even more dead then the last time.
(08-10-2018, 07:21 PM)Sander k Wrote: I found you again by thinking of our time at freewebspace.net. Visited them, but its even more dead then the last time.
It's really sad how things went with FWS. I remember I found my first post4host Forum - Frihost - by checking through its directory of free hosts in 2008. The FWS free host directory was absolutely brilliant at the time. One could use a filter to filter all of the features one wanted from the free hosts. All of that went down the hill and by 2011 it was all but dead. For a long while the directory wasn't working and then when it worked again it is of the lowest ever quality. Those filters are no longer available and the free host listing riddled with spam hosts.

(08-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Genesis Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 07:21 PM)Sander k Wrote: I found you again by thinking of our time at freewebspace.net. Visited them, but its even more dead then the last time.
It's really sad how things went with FWS. I remember I found my first post4host Forum - Frihost - by checking through its directory of free hosts in 2008. The FWS free host directory was absolutely brilliant at the time. One could use a filter to filter all of the features one wanted from the free hosts. All of that went down the hill and by 2011 it was all but dead. For a long while the directory wasn't working and then when it worked again it is of the lowest ever quality. Those filters are no longer available and the free host listing riddled with spam hosts. 

Not sure if a bunch of NLC members could turn it back to life. But than you got to find them, where did they all go?
(08-14-2018, 06:34 AM)Sander k Wrote: Not sure if a bunch of NLC members could turn it back to life. But than you got to find them, where did they all go?
True. There were really good ones up to 2012 I think. I seem to recall there was some friction between a staff member and some of the members and they received a temporary ban. And the majority of those didn't return.

(08-15-2018, 12:37 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 06:34 AM)Sander k Wrote: Not sure if a bunch of NLC members could turn it back to life. But than you got to find them, where did they all go?
True. There were really good ones up to 2012 I think. I seem to recall there was some friction between a staff member and some of the members and they received a temporary ban. And the majority of those didn't return. 

I still remember that. Only Deeplist returned for a short while. But to late, it died allready.
(08-15-2018, 07:39 PM)Sander k Wrote: I still remember that. Only Deeplist returned for a short while. But to late, it died allready.
Ah right, I remember Deeplist. He was excellent at what he was doing. Do you know whether he still has his hosting business?

(08-15-2018, 09:35 PM)Genesis Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 07:39 PM)Sander k Wrote: I still remember that. Only Deeplist returned for a short while. But to late, it died allready.
Ah right, I remember Deeplist. He was excellent at what he was doing. Do you know whether he still has his hosting business? 

Only for friends I think. He had a car repair shop or something.
searching free web host and found you from google but not easy to get this from you Biggrin
I Found This Website From Google Search
Google search.
duckduckgo.com
A friend of mine told me this site could help me with creating my website.
I thought he found you through google
Searching on Google for a free web hosting service with Cpanel and SSL :)
I found you on a google search xD
Post4VPS forum
Google search.
I found this site by searching for vps and hosting services.
I found your page in hostingpill.com
(02-26-2019, 11:35 AM)tumek2 Wrote: I found your page in hostingpill.com

I've never heard about this blog until today. A lot of good reading material, honestly.
I believe I first heard GigaRocket mentioned on a thread located in the FreeWebSpace forums.
[Image: iF3PIkH.png][Image: LIcMXkA.png][Image: cRrx57B.png]

"If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it - young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous - is changed by it."
-John C. Maxwell
Found it on google Biggrin
Through google like anybody else lol. I was searching for a free web hosting with ssl for a school project then voila i found this site.
found you from hostingpill dot com, while looking for a VPS to host a Discord Bot
Goooooggleeee the lord
i googled for free VPS :)
bing search freehosting
Mzl's blog - https://mazelong.gigapages.net
Note this site is in Chinese,but discussions in English is also welcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mazl's post:
  • Genesis
I am using InfinityFree for free hosting my website. Since last couple of days, I did everything to obtain free SSL, but failed miserably. Therefore, I went out (duckduckgo) to find a better alternative. Now I don't remember whether it was a direct result in the search engine, or it was some review website (like techradar with top 10 suggestions).

All I remember is last night (about 2:00 am) I found myself on Gigarocket. I was so sleepy that I could not register for account and went to sleep. Today when I came back to my computer, Gigarocket was the tab left opened from last night and hence I joined the forum.

Hope it proves to be the thing I need. Cool
I was searching through google for a free hosting with free SSL certificate and I found you, I liked the fact that the SSL can be geberated, installed, and renewed easily specially that I was suffering from this issue with my current host.
(08-27-2019, 09:30 PM)thdreamer Wrote: I was searching through google for a free hosting with free SSL certificate and I found you, I liked the fact that the SSL can be geberated, installed, and renewed easily specially that I was suffering from this issue with my current host.

Am curious - if it is possible to divulge - who your current host is?

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next