Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joomla or wordpress? And Why?

joomla is my favorite because it is easy to modify ,the best
WordPress all the way. I've used it for four years, and it's layout codes are very easy to learn so you can make your own.
Hello,
I've heard that the best is Drupal and is geared for advanced users. In my case I use joomla because I think it is a powerful tool to publishing web content. Wordpress is easier to use and I had trouble editing. I think joomla is more powerful than wordpress. What say you?
I know about Drupal but the majority of the sites do not need an advanced backend. At this time I'm using both joomla and wordpress (and one custom backend). But I think is better to master one cms or hire more developers Pardon ! I'm just trying to see what is the most preferable..
Tongue
wordpress,easy to use and good themes
WordPress..hehehe..because itx easy to use
I prefer joomla as I think it is better for creating websites and has what more advanced features.
Wordpress is my second choice although I think that it is best for blogs and small websites not big websites.
Drupal and others I have not tried yet. I don't know, others seem for outdated and old.
my problem with joomla is it is always updating and is vulnerable to attack unless vigilant monitoring and update is applied.

with wordpress i had a problem once when i tried to transfer my website to anotherr server and voila, my site was a mess. i tried googling what could be the source of the problem but i ended up installing it again and do some configuration.

joomla has more advanced features compare to wordpress. but wordpress is very easy to install and use. i think it all depends on the kind of websites you're going to develop.
am a joomla fan,though cant really comment on WP other than the front end/as a viewer as have never needed to use it.
although joomla is quite complex in options,its admin control panel becomes easier to navigate the more that use it,its not impossible for newbies to use; am intelectualy disabled and can use it after a long time of practice.
the fact it has a control panel with point and click options makes it accessible for newbies.

joomlas complex because its tailoring to a very wide audience,not everyone needs to use everything thats the beauty of joomlas diversity,we have come a long way from when everyone used to write basic text in a marquee tag.

Quote:my problem with joomla is it is always updating and is vulnerable to attack unless vigilant monitoring and update is applied.
all website software is vulnerable to attack,joomla is no acception especialy as its a very popular CMS and as such; a target for black hat hackers.
Joomla has that problem too? I thought only wp had that problem.
(09-20-2013, 01:06 AM)Sander k Wrote: Joomla has that problem too? I thought only wp had that problem.

The last few months there was a major attack to all joomla 1.5 sites. Many companies offers special upgrade prices to joomla 2.5 or 3. That was a mistake. If a site based on joomla with many plugins and modules is hacked there is only one solution. Delete it.
We had tried to
1. clean - remove the hacked files
2. reinstall the joomla, plugins, modules, components in compliance with joomla list of secure extras. Reinstall the template copy only css (after we check them) but the result was the same. After a few days the site was hacked again.
3. New site with same layout but based on joomla 2.5+ at the time with a small annual fee to the client for upgrades.

Same procedure for Wordpress.
Always update to the last stable version for every cms or other open source system or else you may end like this: Wacko
Tongue
(09-20-2013, 07:36 AM)whsecurity Wrote: Always update to the last stable version for every cms or other open source system or else you may end like this: Wacko
I'd say Wordpress in particularly has become the target of script kids online who are having fun with hacking. It's probably going to get worse, not better. So from that point of view it's probably crucial to Google all available guidelines for securing a Wordpress blog.
Wordpress, easy to use, lots and lots of plugins, easy to integrate with your own website.

Joomla is more resource intensive, slow and complicated with different modules, components etc... but I think if you master it Joomla can be good. But again its not easy to get accustomed to at all.

Wordpress comes with a good-looking theme out of the box too ! ;)
off wordpress , because wordpress is a cms that you can change it as your wish. It can be used for blog to e-ccomerce . and I am proud of that I am a wordpress theme developer.Smile
Do you have any demonstrations of your WordPress themes?
Please do NOT contact me via PM for support request`s, use the support forum instead, you will get a faster response.
[Image: TPoSr7d.png]

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/sitebee
anyway joomla drupal wordpress is the most three used cms in the world
They are, but also they have different purposes :)

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
As far as ease of use which should I use to create my website? I am looking for something free as well. I know that users have mentioned wordpress. But because it is popular, doesn't always make it the easiest . On the other hand, because there is a large user base.. There would be more people to answer your questions

Along the same lines, once upon a time your website could look different depending on the browser you used to view it with, is this still an issue? The issue I am referring to was several years ago.. I would hope they would have that figured out by now.
Browsers are still an issue. Even versions of browsers like IE may be different, but there are plenty of code for that. Most templates that are available come with the code. You can also Google it and there will be plenty of suggestions.

I'm using Expression Web 4 and it allows one to view one's draft Website in multiple browsers. It also serves as my FTP software, Expression Web 4 in particular is excellent with FTP. I do have Filezilla for uploading files, and I use it from time to time, but don't really need to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • Mikejn1
xoops ist beste cms. joomla and wordpress have to much problems
Xoops? Never heard of it. Joomla and WordPress are so much used that it is no longer safe to use just the core without the protection of some extra plugins.
(12-22-2013, 02:34 AM)Sander k Wrote: Xoops? Never heard of it. Joomla and WordPress are so much used that it is no longer safe to use just the core without the protection of some extra plugins.
because joomla wordpress and is often used is not secure. many attacks etc.
I used xoops 3 years, had no problems with it. only disadvantage is that it has little plugings.
Wink well, i think wp is the best. Cause, it could be modified easily and can turned into anything i want! But it need a lot of improvement too.
Diablo Do You NeeD a BangladeShi or IndiaN CommuNiTY siTe? Pm me!
I prefer Joomla rather than Wordpress. I cannot make my own template so I always using free template that I found on Google. Joomla template is look more formal or serious rather than wordpress. But, the minus is free template for joomla is more fewer than wordpress. Also, Wordpress has a huge free plugin which can help you build the website.
A Cup of Coffee. Drinks
Well it depends that if you want a blog or full website, for blogs I'll say I will prefer wordpress more then others because of the dynamic blogging features it provides, for a complete website I will prefer joomla because it has many cool themes which you can find out on internet and if you wanna go for robustness well then according to me its drupal :)
For New User Joomla is not best because its complicated.
Wordpress is batter because its user-friendly and having simple and understandable option
having a lot of themes and plugins and easy to make custom design
I agree about Joomla not being a great choice for inexperienced users. Wordpress is definitely better for someone with less skills or who can't afford to spend a lot of time learning the workflow and who wants to get up and running quickly.

I'm in the process of creating a site with b2evolution. It's pretty straightforward, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of themes or plugins available and I can live with that. The admin panel seems to fall between Wordpress and Joomla on the learning curve. I like that it has a built in photoblog feature and it's easy to set up multiple blogs with different looks. I know nothing about the security issues - anyone else ever use it?
(02-17-2014, 01:56 PM)helpremember Wrote: I'm in the process of creating a site with b2evolution. It's pretty straightforward, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of themes or plugins available and I can live with that. The admin panel seems to fall between Wordpress and Joomla on the learning curve. I like that it has a built in photoblog feature and it's easy to set up multiple blogs with different looks. I know nothing about the security issues - anyone else ever use it?
Sounds great. I'd be very interested in your experience, sounds like something quite a large group of users would like as well.
Wink 
I choose wordpress Yahoo , because it has small size and user friendly interface, but there are many themes and plugin that need latest wordpress, I want to get the latest version but the hosting site has old php version Sorry
Wordpress, because its alot easier to use and modify.