Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joomla or wordpress? And Why?

For sure WordPress is better than Joomla. For any kind of site or blog... I prefer Wordpress... is more friendly and customizable
WP is really becoming now the standard CMS due to its extensive base of users and developers.  The number of developed themes and plugins is just so amazing. The major plus for WP however is the amount of support and tutorials that can be easily found throughout the web.
For me Wordpress. Wordpress is more popular and big community. Many plugins and themes. There are many guides for wordpress in the internet.
I think @thdreamer has summarized the current state of play well. 

Which CMS is better/best is quickly mimicking the OS debate in the 80s. OS2 nay have been better - but if effectively no-one used it then it ceases to be any use.

Many years ago I worked on a major site using Joomla but the ease and ubiquity if WP makes this the better option. Most hosting providers have it preinstalled and autoupdated - good support is readily available in almost any country. 

updating Joomla is not Hor the faint hearted!
As i will say...
Wordpress for easy deployment and training.
Joomla for in-house administration and large projects.

Until Now We are 6 wordpress and 1 joomla funs.

(And one who re-inventing the wheel hehe. Sorry Dark Shadow I also like to code my sites from scratch but sometimes this gives you more problem and less money Tongue )

I want to setup a site with subscriptions etc. I am equally familiar with both engines but I have to make a lot heavy duty at the backend. From your "votes" I think I will start with wordpress... Let's see

So i would go with WP always
Wordpress for sure. easy to use, easy to SEO, more plugins. And i can make some small change to the code when i need it.
I've tried editing a website created using Joomla around 4 years ago. It was my first time and all I remembered about that are the chronoform modules. I guess I'm going w/ wordpress
I have never try Joomla. I started web design back in 2003 using dreamweaver. I dont write html but focus only on the design element and its web content. It is very limited in itself and static. I stopped doing web design for 10 years and went to do something else and came back to touch it because I want to do a personal website. Searching around, I found that word press is a good CMS as it offers alot of functionality that is free and many of its alternative. One could try out the various plugin for suitability before shelling out the dole to commit to it.

I guess the value of Word press is like what other have said, lies in it thousand of plugins. One can use it for a start and then migrate to others when the knowledge or have hit the limitation of wordpress.