Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joomla or wordpress? And Why?

What is your preferred cms joomla, wp or drupal and why? Plus and minus for your favorite cms...
WordPress is my favorite because it is easy to modify to fit my needs. Als making my own themes and plugins is pretty easy.
What about subscriptions. Is there any plugin - theme that supports subscriptions in wordpress?
Tongue
(07-05-2013, 12:40 PM)whsecurity Wrote: What about subscriptions. Is there any plugin - theme that supports subscriptions?

Subscriptions plugins for Wordpress.
Please do NOT contact me via PM for support request`s, use the support forum instead, you will get a faster response.
[Image: TPoSr7d.png]

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/sitebee
Huh
Tongue
Wordpress is best, because its easy to use and understandable. Any newbie can use it.
I believe that, each one of these 2 is different .... if you want to make a portal the joomla is the best .... Now if you want to do something... and you want to look more beautiful posting (something like informative site) believed that wordpress has no rival ...!! Dodgy
Φρονήσης μεν μηδέποτε επί σεαυτώ μέγα, αλλά μηδέ καταφρονήσης σεαυτού.
Ισοκράτης, 436-338 π.Χ., Αθηναίος ρήτορας
TRANSLATION: never thinks highly of yourself but never despising yourself
Isocrates, 436-338 BC, Ancient Greek Athenian orator
I prefer Joomla all the way! I prefer the features you get and I can understand it easier. I also prefer the administrator panel than WordPress. I do like WordPress but Joomla is taking #1 in this forum thread!
i haven't used Joomla yet. will try it as i think wp needs some improvment.
[Image: Cr34VZB.jpg]
(07-05-2013, 12:47 PM)whsecurity Wrote: Huh

Here you go buddy: subscription plugins.
joomla???!! He he! Wordpress is the best! WP is the life! just one of 1000 eleman, multi site provider by mu wordpress..
I don't have much experience with Joomla, but Word Press can do with plenty of improvements though. Particularly on the security side of things. It's not perfect yet. Tongue
I haven't used Word Press yet. Don't think I will though. I prefer to code my sites from scratch.
[Image: O4VvaSC.jpg]
Until Now We are 6 wordpress and 1 joomla funs.

(And one who re-inventing the wheel hehe. Sorry Dark Shadow I also like to code my sites from scratch but sometimes this gives you more problem and less money Tongue )

I want to setup a site with subscriptions etc. I am equally familiar with both engines but I have to make a lot heavy duty at the backend. From your "votes" I think I will start with wordpress... Let's see
Tongue
I've been looking at WordPress, but not sure that I'm going to use it. I'd hate to be hacked, and looks as though WordPress sites are vulnerable for hacking attacks.
[Image: O4VvaSC.jpg]
(07-18-2013, 09:34 AM)Dark Shadow Wrote: I've been looking at WordPress, but not sure that I'm going to use it. I'd hate to be hacked, and looks as though WordPress sites are vulnerable for hacking attacks.

Yeap! Unfortunately Wordpress seems very vulnerable to my eyes. Joomla looks like more secure with the right cycle of updates etc. Let's see...
Tongue
Joomla, WordPress both of these have their importance based on your requirements, if you need a portal based or community based website go for the Joomla.

If you have plan for a business, personal website then go for WordPress. WordPress is perfect in every filed, fully and well documented, WordPress has a large plugin community. I mostly use WordPress.
my favorite is Wordpress. never used other.
Why wordpress?
simple, not complicated, easy for a newbie, update regularly, more themes available for all taste, more pluguis too, useful for all kinfdof site.
so What Else lolll
What about security?
Tongue
(07-29-2013, 07:09 AM)whsecurity Wrote: What about security?

WP security can be fixed with the right plugins.
WordFence doesn't do much tho, so you should try an other one.
(07-29-2013, 08:46 AM)Sander k Wrote:
(07-29-2013, 07:09 AM)whsecurity Wrote: What about security?

WP security can be fixed with the right plugins.
WordFence doesn't do much tho, so you should try an other one.

Anything in mind? Any proposal in general?
Tongue
is security too, if u want you can protect them for 99% by diffrents plugins, free & payed. You known none of the site is 100% secured today, more & more hackers coming daily, so you have to do update reguraly and collecting information by reading(blog, news & etc...)
If you're interested in security, regardless of whether you use Joomla or Wordpress, be sure to hide your admin directory.

In wordpress - that's /wp-admin/
In Joomla that's /administrator/

Hiding those directories with an htaccess file will thwart like 90% of attacks.
Better yet, I'd change the Admin to a different name.
There's a plugin for Wordpress called BulletProof - install that and it will take you through a wizard to lockdown your admin system. There's also wordfence which is very good and will let you change your admin id (normally 1).
[-] The following 1 user Likes PeaceSigns's post:
  • Genesis
I'm definitely going to check out BulletProof Peace, thanks for suggesting it.
I have never heard a the bulletproof wordpress plugin.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/bulletproof-security/
Yep that's the one - it locks accounts, which is what I like. If someone tries to access an account several times (bruteforce logins) it'll lock the account for a set interval so the bruteforce fails and they have to move on. It's not foolproof mind you, but it's the next best thing to doing your own security audit (very expensive).
Wordpress for easy deployment and training.
Joomla for in-house administration and large projects.
drupal for me.Crazy