Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Who Is Your Favorite Domain Registrar?

I don't have much experience with different domain registrars. Mostly with dot.tk because it is free and Godaddy because it is well known. I'm quite happy with both.
OVH has great prices, but I don`t like their management panel. I think, that namecheap.com is good. They have a live chat with support and it is very easy to ask about any detail of using their services/managing their services.
My favorite domain registrar is www.resellerclub.com
(10-12-2014, 08:41 AM)idiswaqas Wrote: My favorite domain registrar is www.resellerclub.com
Why is it your favourite domain registrar?
I believe https://www.namesilo.com/ is the best right now, their prices are simply the best and they do offer some premium protection for free, like the free anonymous whois protection, multiple layer of protection against thief, very cheap compared to other big registrar...I just like them.

Please, if you go with them, use my affiliate link, you are free to not use it, but you get a coupon or -1$ for each domain you register using my affiliate link; I am not advertising them, but I find them the best out there and there is no hidden fees.

My link: http://www.namesilo.com/?rid=5553676jg
Coupon: THANKYOUgigarank (use this in register page and you might get Discount of 1$)

If this is against rules, please delete the link and the coupon.

Thank you gigarank ;)
1. Namecheap
2. Godaddy
3. Network Solutions
4. 1and1
5. 123 reg

I experienced service of 1and1 and it was not upto the mark. Others were ok. But i mostly prefer godaddy.
Friends
(10-20-2014, 02:48 PM)georamesh Wrote: 1. Namecheap
2. Godaddy
3. Network Solutions
4. 1and1
5. 123 reg

I experienced service of 1and1 and it was not upto the mark. Others were ok. But i mostly prefer godaddy.
Friends
You say you prefer Godaddy but your No. 1 is Namecheap? How come?
Personally, Since I dont have the best income and I am still a novice to the Hosting community, I really like freenom.com , only becuase they provide free domains.
Well if you stick around, our owner, DJB (Chris) runs competitions periodically with free domains as prizes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • SpasianNrD
I'll be keeping an eye out for the competitions for sure. I have no idea what I would need another domain for, but I'm sure I could come up with a new idea lol
I know that feeling. I like to own domains. I bought quite a few this year. A number of them were just experimental though to try out Domain Registrars. Namecheap has grown on me though. Really good price and small enough for me to cope with. GoDaddy has grown too big for me, and also too expensive lately.
Thats great! I plan on staying, I want to test out how your hosting services are.
I use godaddy for all mine. They have been real good for me. Easy to use and have been good support when I needed.
I think godaddy is best and bigrock is also best.
Namecheap for better but cheapest prices. Yahoo
I`m using godaddy.
namecheap and godaddy

namecheap and godaddy re my favourites
Over the years I have tried and used many domain registrars. So far the best I have used is Netfirms. I have been using them for many years now without issue. The thing that made me stay with them is when I was out of work sick from a major heart issue and they extended my renewals as long as needed until I was well enough to work and square up with them. I have yet to find a company besides them that are that understanding. None of us want to lose our domains. I personally have held the same domains for many years and have 100's of them managed through Netfirms. I think a company should treat their customers like valued folks especially when a person spend 1000's of dollars a year with them.
I'm use NameCheap.com since Richard (founder) still as an eNom's reseller
for me, Richard is a very helpful with a great responsibility person
and NameCheap grows up following his great business attitude

highly recommended !!
(04-27-2015, 07:00 PM)hostmasters Wrote: I'm use NameCheap.com since Richard (founder) still as an eNom's reseller
for me, Richard is a very helpful with a great responsibility person
and NameCheap grows up following his great business attitude

highly recommended !!
Interesting to learn about a Richard. I prefer Namecheap myself, never knew there was a single founder who was running NameCheap. I like to have all of my domains in the same place. Namecheap has been better on price with administration than GoDaddy and other Domain Registrars I've tried out in the past.
I have used Godaddy for very long time as my main domain registrar. But recently they have changed their policy about promo codes. So Not many renewal codes available and renewal cost for a .com is $15. So they are no longer cheap unless you have 100+ domains and part of their Domain Discount club.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
I found the same with Godaddy. Like they've gone super greedy. And they're adding on too many side services trying to flog all of them to their subscribers. I rather stay with a Registrar like Namecheap that is focusing on its main product. Hopefully they won't be bought out one of these days though.
Since Godaddy was sold by it's founding owner I don't think they will be on market again soon. Also from what I read they were not having profits but more like loosing money. I think removal of promo codes is way to reduce losses. But that gonna cost them many big users.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
(04-28-2015, 12:36 AM)Genesis Wrote: Interesting to learn about a Richard.... never knew there was a single founder who was running NameCheap.

yes, its about 15 yrs ago... Biggrin
I use ResellerClub, GoDaddy provides attractive prices for new domains but their renewal prices are way bit too high.
I just recently signed up with GoDaddy's £1 domain name offer with a .uk extension and was disappointed. The reason was it was bumped up to £13 with a web builder, with no option, which I did not want, then I found that there was no hosting/CPanel etc which with my previous GoDaddy Purchases these were automatically included. So, they were wanting me to subscribe to a monthly subscription for hosting. I just felt this was not as transparent or as obvious To buyers as it should have been.
I use inmotion, but they in turn have a deal with melbourneit in Australia since inmotion isn't a registrar, they resell - but at a better rate than I'd get straight from melbourne after I do the USD to austrailian dollar conversion.

That, and the tech support is great. They're not cheap though, They're either $11 or $15 in USD. Straight from Melbourne would be 19 and change.

Now for webhosting I HATEHATEHATE godaddy (nothing wrong with them particularly for domain names that I know of except their support isn't good) - but for domain names there is no worse registrar than Network Solutions. I used them WAY back in the day when they had the contract from InterNIC to manage everything, and even after since I was used to them. There were resellers back then, but they weren't abundant, and nowhere near as good as going straight to the source.

I hadn't used them for a while when I started having to buy domains for people again, and I made the mistake of using them because I figured - sure, they're still $30 / year just like back in the day but surely I'll get nothing but the best right? WRONG! They have been at the bleeding edge of deceptive and possibly illegal business practices for a long time.

Here's a story: I wasn't going to use them because of price and availability of other good registrars, but they had a promo for a $0.99 domain for the first year. So I bought it. I did know that they had in the past engaged in the practice of front running - but I was unaware that they INVENTED it, and at the time a ton of registrars did it - to the point where I wouldn't search for availability anywhere except InterNIC or ICANN - or Inmotion since I knew they didn't do it.

So all goes well for the first year, no problems. Then I get a call from the customer that the site is down. I checked it out, and it was DNS. Without sending me an alert (which they were supposed to), they let it expire, then to get it out of pendingdelete status (They always list pendingdelete, never the other expiring statuses) they wanted $300 PLUS the $30 to renew the domain.

So I called tech support - surprise ... somewhere overseas (India? Pakistan? Somewhere in that part of the world) with very thick accents I couldn't understand. Also they were script readers. I got the runaround. Demanded supervisors ... all told me the same line of baloney - that it was out of their hands, as if it was an ICANN fee or something. SOOO the customer paid it, despite me telling him it would probably be best to let it expire (it went unnoticed until about a week before it would be released in the wild again) and snap it up from Inmotion. He's not broke, by any stretch of the imagination, and he wanted it up and running RIGHT NOW!

My customer was PISSED at me, which I can't have. So we made SURE that they put HIM as the primary contact email, and that I would be listed as a secondary - and that we WOULD GET emails before it happened again.

The following year - no emails ... happened again. THIS time he wasn't pissed at ME, but he was still livid and hard to deal with. I reminded him about last time, and what my suggestion was then (as tactfully as possible). So we get the same terrible tech support - but this time he wasn't going to pay them the fee because it was THEIR FAULT (just like last time even though I was blamed). They gave us the runaround, and a million miles of BS - got to supervisors and same lines of BS. Finally he got tired of dealing with it and paid the $330 AGAIN! (It was about 3 weeks out this time, and he didn't want to wait)

I suggested that we go through the procedure to get a transfer auth so we could transfer it out to an honest company which he never followed through with. I caught it last year by chance - even though again no emails and warned him AGAIN .... and this year BAM! pendingdelete. It only had a week, so I let it expire without telling my customer - no calls, no problem - he'd have paid it again.

So today I'm going to have him buy it again - from Inmotion - because that's where he's hosted anyway.
GoDaddy is a good one.
(06-15-2015, 06:14 AM)engrshinwari Wrote: GoDaddy is a good one.
For a quality post credit, can you give us your reason why you consider GoDaddy to be a good domain registrar? I'm not disputing it, but would like to know why you would recommend GoDaddy for a domain registrar.
GoDaddy and ovh.