Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Who Is Your Favorite Domain Registrar?

(06-15-2015, 09:28 AM)Blacklord Wrote: GoDaddy and ovh.
Why is GoDaddy your favourite domain registrar? For a quality post credit you need to provide us with at least some discussion in the post. Short one-liners with no discussion in them don't count as quality posts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Genesis's post:
  • smalpierre
My favorite domain registrar is the one with lower price Smile
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
– Martin Luther King Jr
(06-15-2015, 11:58 AM)Hazem Wrote: My favorite domain registrar is the one with lower price Smile

Well the highest price one SUCKS! (Network Solutions) - so I completely understand!

The problem I have with any overly cheap service though, is that they can't afford to give the best service - and that is my primary expectation. I don't care if it's $0.99 or $15.00 / year, the price of a domain name is negligible.

What I CAN'T have is me looking like a fruit loop dingus to a customer when something goes wrong.

That in mind - I am VERY impressed with the service and lack of scams here. I'd buy a domain, or hosting from the Gigaguys :)

My favorite I've already stated. They're expensive, but not to the point of being a scam, and I've NEVER had a bad experience with them in the last ... idk, 5+ years I've been using them? I had a problem I discovered at 3am once - and I called those guys and the guy that answered the phone was a tech in Virginia that could do something - not a script reader. If $15 / year is all that takes, I'm ON it!

If I get some outsourced script reader that not only can't do anything, but can't even speak my language comprehensibly? Then tries to play the blame game and talks to me like I'm an idiot? I'm gone ... I'll pay the $15 / year to not look like a doofus to my customer.
But the problem is when you have 100+ Domain names price always matters. I know domain name resellers who has 1000+ domains. So even if they can save 1 USD from a domain renewal it means a lot because it can save $1000+ Annually. When you have around 10-20 this is not a big deal and registrar like Namecheap is the best place for you. But if you have lots of domains then you have to find the cheapest and a secure place.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
@xdude. I'd say one should look at the domain registrar that is the happy medium of all of the registrars, and for me right now it is Namecheap. I'd think even 1000 domains would still come at a reasonable price. To go super cheap sometimes mean expensive as it may only be cheap for the first year. They kind'a balance out the more expensive year the second time round. Namecheap gives the feeling of a little less greedy than most. Namecheap is not the most perfect, but most perfect is not a happy medium either. It may come with expensive, like Godaddy when one does the renewal the next year and find that to renew the privacy option now comes at a hefty price. Godaddy has a great knack for hiking the price up with the add ons, like making them way more expensive than they should be.
Since I started paying for domains using my own credit card I never had a problem with any of my domains.
I also consider myself a lucky guy because I've never missed an offer (Free-Half price) domains, Although most of the domains I registered are for my clients (included in a design package) , I got like 3 free domains per year , well some of them are not so good ext. but they work as TLD anyway.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
– Martin Luther King Jr
@Genesis

I guess everyone had a place where they are comfortable. For me Godaddy is the place because domain renewal price. .com renewal price is around $8.50 and for .info it's $8.80. That's with Discount club. So it's still cheaper for me. But it's not cheaper for everyone. Another thing is I have never had any problem with them and rarely have to contact them. I haven't contacted them fro more than 2 years!

I always had few domains at Namecheap too. I have been a user there long before they had become a Registrar. First they were just a domain reseller. I think they are really trying to complete with other big registrars these days. Now their renewal price are around $10-$11. Which is good for someone with few domains.
(06-20-2015, 02:45 PM)xdude Wrote: @Genesis

I guess everyone had a place where they are comfortable. For me Godaddy is the place because domain renewal price. .com renewal price is around $8.50 and for .info it's $8.80. That's with Discount club. So it's still cheaper for me. But it's not cheaper for everyone. Another thing is I have never had any problem with them and rarely have to contact them. I haven't contacted them fro more than 2 years!
Agreed we deal with what is comfortable and also one doesn't want to spread domains around all of the time. The only reason why I stopped Godaddy is, yes, the renewal charge was almost the same, but then it charged much more for the Privacy Option when I renewed it. With Namecheap that was free and once I paid something like 2USD, but with Godaddy the privace add-on was almost as much as the renewal charge for the Domain itself.
Oh yes Privacy option of Godaddy is crap. At least it was few years back when I checked it. But I don't use privacy protection so it's no biggie for me. Right now Namecheap prices for renewal for singel domain is better since .com renewal cost around $15 at Godaddy and it's only $11 at Namecheap.
I'm poor guys Smile, so I use second-level domains and they the cheapest among the available ones in my country. Last year I paid the registrar approx $5 per year per domain
Namecheap for me. They have a decent amount of ccTLDs available and the prices are reasonable I think. Pretty upfront about their fees and won't gouge you on renewals.

Freenom (.tk|ml|ga etc) are OK, can't grumble about the price anyway. Not the best interface, but it gets the job done. I hear some horror stories about people losing their domains once their traffic hits a certain threshold, but for small sites or testing they're workable.

I use a few second level subdomains *.uk.to from afraid.org - not strictly speaking a real domain, but plenty good enough for private addresses for my various boxen. Also, did I mention free is good? Smile
I have noticed Freenom .com renewal fees are pretty low comparing with other Domain registrars. Only reason I haven't given a try is because all these bad reputation they have.
The domain registrar I use all the time is Namecheap.com. That's all they do, and you can get a cheap SSL cert if you need one.
I use NameSilo. They're the best rated one I found with free WHOIS protection & low prices. They only sell domains, so they're not good for people who want other things, but they don't try to upsell a ton of things which you don't need while you're just trying to finish buying something, which I greatly like and respect.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
godaddy is the best
I use inmotionhosting.com - but they're just a reseller for MelbourneIT I think. Not cheap, but very easy to deal with, and I already had accounts with them so ...
I have recently switched to GoDaddy. Normally, I would use the domain registration services of the web hosting provider; however, here lately, I have been trying to locate a hosting service for my other websites. So, I decided to move all of my domains to GoDaddy to have them in one location. GoDaddy has excellent customer service. Their staff is very responsive and responsible.

Wait .. maybe I should become an affiliate and add the link here! LOL Smile
I use and i like namecheap.com because the prices are good, they have nice promotions, various payment options, and now they have just finished the long-expected re-design of their control panel.
And they also have a crap ton of different TLDs to choose from.
(09-29-2015, 05:56 PM)aandreyy96 Wrote: I use and i like namecheap.com because the prices are good, they have nice promotions, various payment options, and now they have just finished the long-expected re-design of their control panel.
And they also have a crap ton of different TLDs to choose from.

Now that you mentioned the re-design I went to check and it looks SO MUCH better than before. Way more modern and easier to find where is what. :)
[Image: tumblr_m8i6x0vOl01rr2zps.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snowflake's post:
  • aandreyy96
Namecheap, easy to use control panel and low prices. Also i like their function as dynamic DNS :)
I have used godaddy and 1and1
there were some free .tk, .cf, .gq, brands that I find useful
GoDaddy is good and the price is also delicious today they 0.99s but their menu is very difficult to control the poor cope (
because I'm from Russia my choice 2domayns.ru))
(11-03-2015, 06:50 PM)bllynx Wrote: GoDaddy is good and the price is also delicious today they 0.99s but their menu is very difficult to control the poor cope
I agree. Quite frustrating to figure out how to navigate their Website.
I like ARUBA. In 3 years I had no problems and assistance is speedy.
Nic.ar is the best and unique domain register in Argentine for .com.AR
Argentine Love.
Dirol Heart
just checked several names mentioned here, seems Namesilo is the cheapest for several years registering..
(11-24-2015, 02:12 PM)applelover Wrote: just checked several names mentioned here, seems Namesilo is the cheapest for several years registering..

Yep, I love Namesilo because they're cheap, have free whois privacy, and they don't try to sell me a ton of stuff I don't need when I just want to get a domain. Also, you can find a ton of $1 off coupons on the net if you search for them.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
@rapcanin I used .tk .ct .gq in the past and are not really good.

The most I used .tk domains but there is a catch.. if you get tons of viewers, they will take your domain and full it with ads..
.ct and .gq I used them just once, but I can't remember why I lost them.

Anyway, today I am using .eu.org and I can't complain for moment.
I never buyed normal domains like .com even if I wanted... so this is what i can say.
few year ago, godaddy is good but now name.com is the best~Smile
every month got special discount code for domain.
Mine is netsons.com, an Italian society that gives you the freedom to change whatever you want on your domain.