•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Who Is Your Favorite Domain Registrar?

(07-15-2019, 10:57 PM)SpiritWillRise Wrote: I've never had any issues with Namecheap, although they are a company based in Phoenix Arizona, their operations centres are based in Russia which is a slight cause for concern but with their prices you can't really complain with their low renewal prices.
Now this is interesting. Didn't know Namecheap had a Russian connection. Most of my domains are with Namecheap. My other preferred registrar is NameSilo. OK now I'm wondering whether perhaps they have a connection in China? Tongue

I like to stick with GoDaddy.  I really haven't used any others because Godaddy has worked well for me.
I was using Godaddy for almost 12 years but they kept doubling their fees year by year until I said enough is enough. I have just transferred my domain to porkbun and I have never been happier. It is much cheaper and simpler. Besides, they gave me a free WHOIS protection in addition to a free SSL. Their knowledge base and customer support is great as well.
(08-27-2019, 07:58 PM)thdreamer Wrote: I was using Godaddy for almost 12 years but they kept doubling their fees year by year until I said enough is enough. I have just transferred my domain to porkbun and I have never been happier. It is much cheaper and simpler. Besides, they gave me a free WHOIS protection in addition to a free SSL. Their knowledge base and customer support is great as well.

Never heard of porkbun until today. Sounds like a good one. Oink! Good

(08-28-2019, 05:44 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 07:58 PM)thdreamer Wrote: I was using Godaddy for almost 12 years but they kept doubling their fees year by year until I said enough is enough. I have just transferred my domain to porkbun and I have never been happier. It is much cheaper and simpler. Besides, they gave me a free WHOIS protection in addition to a free SSL. Their knowledge base and customer support is great as well.

Never heard of porkbun until today. Sounds like a good one. Oink! Good
They are indeed! And if you compare their website to Godaddy, its like peace to war lol
I have to say though that Godaddy were very cooperative in transferring may domain. 
I'm impressed GoDaddy made it easier for you to transfer. Transfers of domains between Domain Registrars are notoriously a nightmare. I'm in the process of doing this with Namecheap as Namecheap is not cheap by domain standards any longer either. My alternative is/maybe was NameSilo.

(08-28-2019, 06:19 AM)Genesis Wrote: I'm impressed GoDaddy made it easier for you to transfer. Transfers of domains between Domain Registrars are notoriously a nightmare. I'm in the process of doing this with Namecheap as Namecheap is not cheap by domain standards any longer either. My alternative is/maybe was NameSilo.

Yes I have heard a lot about such nightmares, that's why I felt grateful for the smooth transfer.

I was in between NameSilo and Porkbun as they both scored high in ratings /review. I remember seeing a ranking of registrars according to the number of in-transfers and out-transfers, and as I remember Porkbun was the highest followed by NameSiol I think. Basically these 2 registrars are gaining and retaining clients at a much higher rate than other registrars.
(08-28-2019, 05:44 AM)Genesis Wrote: Never heard of porkbun until today. Sounds like a good one. Oink! Good
You should read this thread more carefully, I've mentioned it one page ago :)
(09-30-2019, 12:11 PM)Buzzy Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 05:44 AM)Genesis Wrote: Never heard of porkbun until today. Sounds like a good one. Oink! Good
You should read this thread more carefully, I've mentioned it one page ago :)
You mean to say that out of the hundreds of posts I read, yours should be a memorable one? Tongue

OK let's change the wording then to - until this thread I hadn't heard of porkbun before. And I'm OK with it too. Wink

I prefer godaddy.com because it can show me the cost in my local currency which really pleases meYahoo and helps in cost accounting.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)