Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Who Is Your Favorite Domain Registrar?

How people can consider a registrar who upsells like crazy, has a UI messier than a labyrinth and only offers (crappy) phone support good....Shock Wacko

(03-07-2017, 01:10 PM)kentwiggins Wrote: I began transferring my .com domains from NameCheap to NameSilo, as they are charging for the whois guard on the second year, and the prices are higher than the first year.
Gotta love users who "blame" the host (registrar in this case) for the fact that they were distracted and didn't notice - even though each discounted price and offer is clearly outlined - that they were looking at promos/offers and as such the validity is limited. Lol
Google domains is deinfitely a fav
Oh and also go daddy
Whilst not my favorite, I would think that namecheap is pretty good, since their prices are lower, but that doesn't conern me too much
I would like to mention that I have had good experiences with go daddy, but others I know have not. They seem to have a lot of options. But so does google domains
I try to support registrars in my own country if I am buying my country code top level domain (ccTLD)

However, if it is a .net or .org or .com or any generic top level domain (gTLD) I will search https://domcomp.com to get the cheapest price. You can usually get what you want for under 5 dollars this way, you just need then to maintain different accounts at many registrars XD But I administrate all the DNS through a 3rd party like cloudflare, so I only need to go back to the registrar to renew, and usually after the first year I just transfer them to my preferred national registrar, if I plan to keep the domain (usually I don't).
I Love Godaddy.
(03-21-2017, 01:01 PM)mike2008 Wrote: I Love Godaddy.

To earn a Quality Post credit, could you tell us why you love GoDaddy?
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
I'm not in love with Godaddy ever since they have removed all promo code (Can't blame then since they haven't seen any anual profits in that company for years). But I still use them because I get best prices from them. They are no longer cheap for those who have couple of domains at them. But if you have 100+ domain names then you can buy Discount club membership which gives you lowest price for all LTDs automatically. So these days I pay around $8 for .com renewals anout $9 for rest of top level domain extensions like .info, .net etc.
Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray
NameSilo or CrazyDomains, hands down are the best registars in terms of price, support and reliability. They are the cheapest choice out there and still have support.
(07-10-2017, 11:02 AM)pakyinsun Wrote: NameSilo or CrazyDomains, hands down are the best registars in terms of price, support and reliability. They are the cheapest choice out there and still have support.
No, they are not - CrazyDomains asks £16.00 for a *com; that's almost $20 USD, almost double of what Namecheap, Name.com or Dynadot ask.

Again, suspicions of affiliate post - since this is the same as another post.
I'm in italy and a good registrant is register.it, but I've tryed bluehost that has a good server pèerformances and give to you th multidomain service.
Well i prefer enom mostly. Their api is very smooth and hassle free even its easy to integrate with whmcs. Since i use whmcs i get enoms reseller account for free.
Hi,

I'm using namecheap.com as my domains registrar for many years, not only for great prices, also support are great and it's easy to manage your domains (and other products). I love it.

I don't like godaddy, because some years ago so many people were complaining about domains name stealing: once you finished to use a domain or you forgot to renew your domain for a while, they were buy your domain and put a higher price for re-selling. So, i don't trust at all, even if many the people say that is a great service. Just be careful, if you have a good domain name and if your will not use it any more, i advise you to sell the domain.

Greetings!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pancardo's post:
  • Genesis
Well I have used Godaddy since 2005 and registered, transferred, moved over 1000+ domain names. I have never lost a name or they stole anything. I think this rumor happened because of their Domain BackOrder process. What happened was if you backorder a domain and then Goddday could get it before anyone else then they would put it on auction and you have to bid for it. You get the domain only nobody bidding for it or something. This is what I was told by experienced domain sellers those days. I don't know even if it's true.

Anyway Godaddy is not my favorite domain registrar anymore. I'm moving my domains to NameSilo which has better renewal prices for almost all extensions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xdude's post:
  • pancardo
Hello @xdude,

(02-23-2018, 10:35 AM)xdude Wrote: Well I have used Godaddy since 2005 and registered, transferred, moved over 1000+ domain names. I have never lost a name or they stole anything. I think this rumor happened because of their Domain BackOrder process. What happened was if you backorder a domain and then Goddday could get it before anyone else then they would put it on auction and you have to bid for it. You get the domain only nobody bidding for it or something. This is what I was told by experienced domain sellers those days. I don't know even if it's true.

Yes, is "Domain BackOrder" process, some people abused this feature. Also, I have seen how it was appropriated when one tried to register a name and for some reason could not be paid at that time. The next day, the domain was already acquired by another person and placed in sedo.com. It was not the only time this happened.

Well, this is what I saw and experienced.

(02-23-2018, 10:35 AM)xdude Wrote: ...

Anyway Godaddy is not my favorite domain registrar anymore. I'm moving my domains to NameSilo which has better renewal prices for almost all extensions.

Hmm!... NameSile seems good!, i will try it!

Greetings!
(03-01-2018, 03:43 AM)pancardo Wrote: Hello @xdude,

(02-23-2018, 10:35 AM)xdude Wrote: Well I have used Godaddy since 2005 and registered, transferred, moved over 1000+ domain names. I have never lost a name or they stole anything. I think this rumor happened because of their Domain BackOrder process. What happened was if you backorder a domain and then Goddday could get it before anyone else then they would put it on auction and you have to bid for it. You get the domain only nobody bidding for it or something. This is what I was told by experienced domain sellers those days. I don't know even if it's true.

Yes, is "Domain BackOrder" process, some people abused this feature. Also, I have seen how it was appropriated when one tried to register a name and for some reason could not be paid at that time. The next day, the domain was already acquired by another person and placed in sedo.com. It was not the only time this happened.

Well, this is what I saw and experienced.

(02-23-2018, 10:35 AM)xdude Wrote: ...

Hmm!... NameSile seems good!, i will try it!

Greetings!
Before you try NameSilo, I'd look for a discount code. They're already cheap, but there are a lot of 1$ off discount codes around if you look.
[Image: gr_sig.gif]
[Image: userbar222222.png]
(03-01-2018, 01:43 PM)Yozora Wrote: Before you try NameSilo, I'd look for a discount code. They're already cheap, but there are a lot of 1$ off discount codes around if you look.
Great point. http://domainsbot.com/ is usually up to date with discount codes. All you need to do is type in the domain name, and it will come up with both the availability of names and cheapest deal with discount codes at the same time. But I guess if one likes NameSilo one can just Google discount coupons.
[-] The following 2 users Like Genesis's post:
  • pancardo, Yozora
@pancardo

Their discount codes are connected with affiliate accounts. Also you need to use it when you create an account for first time. their affiliate program is pretty much worthless but $1 promo code is good. but it can be used only one time. Nothing great like those old godaddy codes but something is better than nothing. Here's a promo code.

Quote:CheapDo99
[-] The following 1 user Likes xdude's post:
  • pancardo
Godaddy is appealing for its first year offers, which are very cheap, but in the long run is expensive.

I've moved away and now I'm using Namecheap, although I hear nice things about Namesilo.
(05-03-2018, 08:49 AM)fletcherlynd Wrote: Godaddy is appealing for its first year offers, which are very cheap, but in the long run is expensive.

I've moved away and now I'm using Namecheap, although I hear nice things about Namesilo.

Namecheap is my favorite one, the support are great.I tried Namesilo, it's simple and enough to manage the domains. The price is very economical. Finally I liked it and little by little I will move my domains there, for economic reasons.Best regards
[-] The following 2 users Like pancardo's post:
  • fletcherlynd, Yozora
(03-05-2018, 01:35 AM)xdude Wrote: @pancardo

Their discount codes are connected with affiliate accounts. Also you need to use it when you create an account for first time. their affiliate program is pretty much worthless but $1 promo code is good. but it can be used only one time. Nothing great like those old godaddy codes but something is better than nothing. Here's a promo code.

Quote:CheapDo99

@xdude,

Thanks, your coupon worked for me, great price.

Best regards
ofcourse GoDaddy and NameCheap is the Most known and cheap Registrars of ICANN.
have whois gurad protection for free and specefic Premium DNS and also can host your domains witch you buy it from them.
I am also using namecheap.com  because the renewal fees are not higher than registering the domains...

I found it very annoying that at Godaddy , which I used  earlier, the COM and NET and ORG Domains
were so expensive to renewal....so I left them and went to namecheap.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes hartiberlin's post:
  • Genesis
I have been with GoDaddy for something like 18 years now, never had an issue with them, and you can almost always find a coupon code somewhere online if you search ;)
I Always Love To Register Domains From Namecheap, Godaddy & Bigrock