•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What OS system/s are you using?

I use windows xp for training dummies, windows 7 for advance users and Ubuntu for super users
WWin , Mac , LINUXYahoo
i have double os on my laptop win 7 and linux ubuntu
ytdl.xyz youtube downloader
I have windows 8 on my net book, i really don't like it but still I have no other option since I love my net book

On my Desktop and other laptop, I have windows 7
I believe that windows 7 is way way better than windows 8 (which doesn't even have a shutdown button)
I am dual booting at the moment:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Mac OS X 10.7 Snow Leopard

In a virtual machine, I run:

Windows XP Professional
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

Using the virtual machine environment at the moment to prepare for Network+ exam.

Mike
Windows Xp 64bits =)
Hello,
I use ubuntu 13 on my laptop and find it very estabale. In my office desktop using windows 8 and I'm surprised how well it has been developed. I have not had problems with any of the SO
I'm currently used Windows xp lol, cause my laptop is currently 512MB of RAMSad
(09-05-2013, 09:16 PM)hilmy Wrote: I'm currently used Windows xp lol, cause my laptop is currently 512MB of RAMSad
Wow! How are you managing with that? Shock
I was using Windows for 10 years, last 4 yrs i'm on OSX. More stable and reliable
I am currently using Lucid Puppy Linux 5.2.8, I love it's speed especially for my specs. I also brought back some old 90s computers with it! Yahoo
im using win 7, but on the server side usually it is ubuntu or fedora
i using win 7 on my laptop and xp in office.
i decide to test win 8 .but after solving its problrms.
its get time to replaced with win 7
what you think?
Mac OS X 10.7.5 and proud :) It's cool to me so I use my Macbook.If i had a chance then I would switch to linux.

[Image: userbar.png]
[Image: polandbar4.gif]
i using win 7 on my laptop Dell and xp3 in desktop
I use Windows 7 and 8, Prefer 7 though. I also have an sbs2011 server which is Windows Server 2008. Want to try Mac but looks daunting. Huh
windows7 came on my dell but i still cant get past xp as my favorite.
windows 7 ultimate
I run on Win 7 Ultimate and Windows 8 (dual boot on gaming rig) and win 7 ultimate on laptop.
I'm using Windows 8 on my Laptop - since it's new and Windows 8 was pre-installed. I've got Windows 7 on my desktop.
(07-06-2013, 05:40 PM)Genesis Wrote: I'm still on Windows XP at home, and Windows 7 at work. What OS systems are you working with currently?

I have Windows 7, XP and Mac OS X Mavericks. Depending on what I am doing, that will determine what OS I am using. I use Win 7 for most everything. XP is on the laptop that I use when I am at my mom's house. The Mac I use when I am writing my newsletter, book or any word processing / page layout project. For me the Mac is a lot easier to work with and to make things happen. I have been writing a monthly newsletter for about a year now and have several subscribers, they are friends and family.
(11-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Mikejn1 Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 05:40 PM)Genesis Wrote: I'm still on Windows XP at home, and Windows 7 at work. What OS systems are you working with currently?

I have Windows 7, XP and Mac OS X Mavericks. Depending on what I am doing, that will determine what OS I am using. I use Win 7 for most everything. XP is on the laptop that I use when I am at my mom's house. The Mac I use when I am writing my newsletter, book or any word processing / page layout project. For me the Mac is a lot easier to work with and to make things happen. I have been writing a monthly newsletter for about a year now and have several subscribers, they are friends and family.

I like this opinion, so basically you use many operating systems without anything to say against, but prefer Mac, because its easy :) Thats really cool to share dude.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GigaGreg's post:
  • Mikejn1
(11-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Mikejn1 Wrote: For me the Mac is a lot easier to work with and to make things happen. I have been writing a monthly newsletter for about a year now and have several subscribers, they are friends and family.
I'm curious, I've never used a Mac before, why do you think it is easier to work with and what do you mean with it makes things happen? Smile
(11-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Genesis Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Mikejn1 Wrote: For me the Mac is a lot easier to work with and to make things happen. I have been writing a monthly newsletter for about a year now and have several subscribers, they are friends and family.
I'm curious, I've never used a Mac before, why do you think it is easier to work with and what do you mean with it makes things happen? Smile
Thanks for the reply,

Using the Mac, to me, is just easier to get something done from start to finish. If I am working on my newsletter and want to change something, it can be done in minimal steps. I have tried publishing programs for windows before and it was not very straight forward when it came to changing something like a layout that was already created or even something as simple as adding a picture can be a pain. The learning curve on Mac software is not nearly as steep as some windows products.
(11-04-2013, 10:31 PM)Mikejn1 Wrote: The learning curve on Mac software is not nearly as steep as some windows products.
Thanks Mike. I should really check Mac out. We've got some Macs at work for trying out, and ironically they've been sitting without being tried out for a few months now. Both desktop and laptop.
Mac are really cool but dont have right mouse button unless you have magic mouse or normal pc usb mouse Lol

(07-10-2013, 07:44 AM)wifitoplist Wrote: Now installed Windows 8. But I dnt like it.

I have heard a lot of people saying that. What is it that you don't like about it? If it is a feature, some of that stuff can be turned off.. Also depending on the version of Win 8, you may have downgrade rights. In other words you can take it down to Windows 7.. My uncle has Windows 8 and he is not happy with it either. I turned off some of the functionality to make it a bit easier to use..

(11-05-2013, 08:17 AM)igdesigner Wrote: Mac are really cool but dont have right mouse button unless you have magic mouse or normal pc usb mouse Lol

I have a Magic Mouse that I bought from someone on Craigslist. Got it for less than half the asking price and it was brand new in the package.. Not sure that I want to know where he got it from.. Rolleyes

(11-05-2013, 04:36 AM)Genesis Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 10:31 PM)Mikejn1 Wrote: The learning curve on Mac software is not nearly as steep as some windows products.
Thanks Mike. I should really check Mac out. We've got some Macs at work for trying out, and ironically they've been sitting without being tried out for a few months now. Both desktop and laptop.

If you have any questions or anything, I will try to answer them for you. I am by no means an expert on Macs but I have been using them for a few years and should be able to answer basic questions..
[/quote]

If you have any questions or anything, I will try to answer them for you. I am by no means an expert on Macs but I have been using them for a few years and should be able to answer basic questions..
[/quote]Thanks Mike. Now that is motivating me to go take a closer look at those beautiful computers here at work. Maybe even over this weekend.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Debian Weezy on dual boot. I am definetly NOT upgrading to windows 8 because it just looks horrible (atleast to me) while i agree performance wise it is somewhat better that Win7 but still no major improvment other than the new Dx support which im not keen about.
I am using windows 8 pro with my laptop and windows 7 ultimate with my desktop. haha ... well 8 is awesome, cant get better

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next